MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: GL suspending uploads?  (Read 13108 times)

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 13:32 »
+1
You seem to feel you know Kelly pretty well, but somehow don't know he's a man. 

FWIW, I have a lot of respect for Kelly too, and never suggested HE would stiff any one.  But even ethical decent people run into financial troubles.  In a cutthroat busuness like stock has become, it is even more likely that the fair trade sites will struggle to keep afloat.

Lol, maybe you're thinking of Kelly Thompson?  GL Kelly is definitely of the fairer sex.

Might be where the confusion came in.  Androgynous names and all.  But I definitely never thought Kelly at GL was an Eh_hole, unlike Kelly Thompson. 

Buffalo Bill

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 18:23 »
I guess I keep checking into this site to read strings like this one - never a boring day on MSG for sure!  :)

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 11:56 »
+3
this has the potential to be a good news and maybe it will start a domino effect.

however, if oversaturation is the issue they should remove from sale all the non-selling images, say 50% of their archive rather than stopping uploads.

stopping uploads may indeed be an act of desperation as they can't sustain the cost for inspectors and server load.

Customers want new, fresh images, and a vast collection to choose from. Reducing your collection by 50% is a sure-fire way to drive customers away. Besides, non-selling images are not necessarily of low quality.

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 11:59 »
+1
hahaha considering the company name is about "leftovers" we shouldn't be surprised they aren't exactly getting rich with that ....

It was a horrible brand name, but they changed their name to a more professional souding GL Stock (why they decided to keep the GL abbreviation is beyond me, though).

Buffalo Bill

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2014, 13:45 »
+2
Is any really surprised if the GL ships sinks? Just another company that was wiped out by the other more  powerful players...

dpimborough

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 03:21 »
+1
So is GL completely dead in the water now? They haven't updated their blog, facebook or any other online presence since they stopped taking uploads  ???

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 08:51 »
Seems that way to me - no sales since then either

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 09:46 »
Seems that way to me - no sales since then either

Yea, same here.  I had high hopes for GL. I'm still with them but haven't had a sale in months. If/when they reactivate I would have a few hundred images to upload but doubt that would make any difference. I hope they survive and get some traction. They are a FAR MORE FAIR TRADE agency than most other micros.

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 12:15 »
+3
I had a sale in January so they're still active in some sense.

w7lwi

• Those that don't stand up to evil enable evil.
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 16:32 »
+2
I had two sales on GL last week; however, those were the first in a month or two.  I'm less than a dollar away from payout.  Once I reach that (if ever) I need to decide whether or not to stay with them.  Doesn't cost anything to just leave images there, but if sales only come through once every few months, it could take years to ever see another payout.  And the way things have been going there's no assurance GL could last that long.  Without the ability to upload fresh images, it's almost guaranteed to stagnate.

Me

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 10:55 »
Are uploads still suspended here? I have had sales each month up to May and I have checked messages on site but cannot find anything stating uploads are open again

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 11:13 »
+1
Still suspended as far as I know. What are sales?

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2015, 16:20 »
I've made about 60$ there so far this year.  The only reason I even uploaded there is because it is the easiest upload anywhere for model released images.