MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: stock images  (Read 2327 times)

« on: October 29, 2014, 21:57 »
Hi,everyone actually I had some photos on a stock agency called PhotoAsia Picture Library in Malaysia, but it under Right Manages license. But they replied me in email wrote I can upload the photo to other overseas stock agency but not in Malaysia (according to the agreement), so may I know whether I can upload to Istock?Thanks

Regards
Grace

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 22:02 »
Hi,everyone actually I had some photos on a stock agency called PhotoAsia Picture Library in Malaysia, but it under Right Manages license. But they replied me in email wrote I can upload the photo to other overseas stock agency but not in Malaysia (according to the agreement), so may I know whether I can upload to Istock?Thanks

Regards
Grace

You'd need more details. iStock sells images in Malaysia (at least hypothtically)(as do most general agencies), and it only sells Royalty Free. You'd need to check that PhotoAsia is OK with these two  specific facts.
On Alamy you can exclude one or more countries to sell in, at least for RM images, so that might be an option; but most people find that sales there are hard to come by unless you have a huge port. If your images are different from what's already on there, it might be worth a try.