pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Stockbo for Sale  (Read 4884 times)

« on: October 30, 2014, 11:22 »
Anyone looking to buy an agency! Received this today from Stockbo:

Hey everyone!

Hope you are having a great day today!

In keeping our promise to inform you all about any major developments in the business, today we have some news that we would like to share with you.

After a recent meeting between the directors of Stockbo, we have decided that we will offer the business for sale. The reason for this is due to a lack of time between all of us to take Stockbo to where it deserves to be. This was a difficult decision to make for all of us but we believe it is in the best interests for Stockbo moving forward, for the vision and for our beloved members and photographers.

We are currently in talks with some parties in Perth that may be interested in acquiring the business. Regardless of who acquires the business, we plan to ensure that the current terms and conditions that we have set out during this amazing journey will be upheld. Our number one priority has always been providing a platform focused towards fairness for our valued photographers, something that we hold dear to our hearts.

If any of you would be interested to take command of this business, please get in touch with us via email or simply send us a private message on our Facebook page.

We would like to express our gratitude for all of your efforts in making Stockbo what it is today. Without your fabulous contributions, Stockbo would just be a plain stock platform like many that exist today.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Best Regards!

The Stockbo Team

Eugene, Hung, Kevin, Ranjeev

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 11:24 »
+4
Did they ever actually open, or were they in Beta this whole time?

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 11:28 »
I had a few photos there. Made one $5 (Australian) sale.

Lightrecorder

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:28 »
LOL. Typical.

ruxpriencdiam

This user is banned.
  • Location. Third stone from the sun
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 12:26 »
+3
Another one bites the dust.

;D

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 12:28 »
One huge LOL from me... It was fast to be honest.

Did they ever actually open, or were they in Beta this whole time?

I uploaded ONE file. It was in pending for very long weeks. After my email they reviewed it. I never had enought power to upload the second one... Luckily.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:31 by Ariene »

Uncle Pete

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 13:01 »
+5
"We would like to express our gratitude for all of your efforts in making Stockbo what it is today. Without your fabulous contributions, Stockbo would just be a plain stock platform like many that exist today."

Really and what is it that's not a plain platform and what is it today? Oh yes, "the directors" say it's for sale. LOL Darn these people have a great sense of humor.

Another one bites the dust.

;D

ruewi

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 14:39 »
Well, I made $7.50 in less than a year. As one of their top earners I'm really pissed right now...  ;D
I also have some pending images that were added in august. Guess, now I'll never know, if they would have made it through. 

But to be honest, I really liked the idea of fair pricing/commissions. So, although they didn't have great chances in the market, it was good having them around...

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 14:45 by ruewi »

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 14:46 »
+4
When I see a newborn 'agency' with a "board of directors", structure kind of Microsoft or Apple and pompous presentation, mostly I ignore it and check again after half a year are they still alive.

Anyway, good luck to "the directors".

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 14:58 »
+2
Why can't they be at least honest and write as it is . It's not worth it. It was not successful! Wonder, who should wanna buy this site?

Uncle Pete

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 16:10 »
+3
You do know, this is perfect for all the people who say, they want an agency that pays fair? Get together people and buy this one. The software is mostly done and ready to run. Turnkey your own photo agency, enjoy the money for simple marketing of others hard work... isn't that what people say?

It's so easy. Here's your chance... see what it's really like from the other side.

Why can't they be at least honest and write as it is . It's not worth it. It was not successful! Wonder, who should wanna buy this site?

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 21:10 »
+3
If you're buying it for the software, you'd want to take a look and see what you were purchasing before handing over any cash. It may be beautifully engineered, but it could also look good at first blush but be poorly designed and a nightmare to maintain.

There were too few images to really test out searches to see how good and fast they were - and a really good search engine is important.

"Mostly done" can hide a multitude of sins with software. Also, I don't see anything simple in marketing a new stock agency - if it were simple, GL stock and Stockfresh would be doing really well right now.

Perhaps StockTal would like to buy them? :)

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 00:16 »
+4
Being from Perth (Stockbo is based here), I met two of the "directors' just once. Nice young guys, full of enthusiasm and positive attitudes. But I had my doubts regarding their business strategy, which I told them. We couldn't agree on that. Fair enough. Nevertheless, I offered them my support, even as a reviewer. Never got back to me. But I guess, that our understanding of what is acceptable or not would have been too far apart, anyway.

Instead, my images were left in the queue for ages, some of the few accepted ones received a postponed NO and had been removed from the portfolio after all. Confusing, annoying, disappointing. That was the last time I logged in back again. Maybe I should there might be some sales I don't know off

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 04:14 »
+2
It's certainly modified a bit but the site is based of the ktools software.  So, you'd be buying a license to ktools, and a modified site - certainly something of value but not a specifically built back-end.  That said, you'd also have support going forward for the software... 
The downside is whenever ktools updates their software, if you update your install it breaks all the customization :(

Uncle Pete

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 10:05 »
+2
Wow! "The Directors" might have had Mom ask for her corporate space back, in the basement?  :) It's a K-Tools site?

Buy it Leaf, you're the one who could run Stockbo for all of us. Or get investors from the people here who think they can get rich easy, by running an agency. Start at 50% commission... threaten people who spam keywords. (accounts will be locked or closed) You would have the killer agency, buyers would love a reliable search, artists would start to get something approaching a fair return.

And the owners and the new directors could see what it takes to run a business. They can be the reviewers too, so it's done right.

It's certainly modified a bit but the site is based of the ktools software.  So, you'd be buying a license to ktools, and a modified site - certainly something of value but not a specifically built back-end.  That said, you'd also have support going forward for the software... 
The downside is whenever ktools updates their software, if you update your install it breaks all the customization :(

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 14:15 »
Looks like site is down?

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 19:15 »
Looks like it. Glad I deleted the images I had on there.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 02:07 »
+2
Yes and who knows what they will do with the files they had on their servers and backed up. People will have to trust that it wasn't just a way to make a huge free collection.

Sorry but I'm suspicious of new sites with no history or nothing but big promises. Oh yeah, it could be the "next big thing" or a con? There's no reason to just hand over your means of earning, without some reasonable business credentials.

Looks like it. Glad I deleted the images I had on there.

Lightrecorder

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 03:41 »
Thats a good point, I never deleted my images even if they were rejected. Hmmm, now what? DMCA? Maybe I need to email them and see what gives.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 11:07 »
+2
Not directly picking on Stockbo, just happens to be the latest.

I don't understand why some people are so willing and excited (aka desperate) to upload everything they have worked on for years, to any new agency that comes along and makes some more of the usual, empty promises?

Seems a waste of time and effort, but worse seems like a high risk behavior where a scam site could collect everything anyone has produced, full size, without any watermarks, and including all the IPTC data.

And we wonder where the thieves get these huge unwatermarked collections? Why easy... people willingly upload them, for free.

Thats a good point, I never deleted my images even if they were rejected. Hmmm, now what? DMCA? Maybe I need to email them and see what gives.