pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Where to Live as a Stock Photographer?  (Read 37337 times)

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2014, 04:59 »
+4
Do you feel smart crafty thieves and scammers? Who don't pay taxes stole to the whole community.

they steal nothing because the government can print trillions of paper money whenever it's needed, see the FED or the Bank of Japan or the ECB, not to mention the scam of the government being supposed to be in debt with itself and printing money to repay its own central bank.

there's absolutely no problem if nobody is taxed, here in south east asia most of the people have never paid taxes, only businesses are required to be taxed but it's a grey area and there are many legal loopholes.

therefore taxation here is indirect here, whenever you need to call the police or go in a hospital or send your kids to school you will pay a fee, whenever a road needs to be fixed the shop owner will collect a fee to bribe the mayor, food in supermarket is taxed fairly (5-10%) while food in public market is tax-free, i could go on and on ...

taxation in the West is just a way of population control to make sure the slaves keep working hard in exchange of mickey mouse paper money and it's also needed to keep the rich/middle/poor ratio in balance.

me supporting scammers ? 100% of the Forbes top-500 companies evade taxes and most are based in tax havens.

everything you ever bought in your life is probably produced by companies who are not paying taxes or at least paying a pittance.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:05 by Hobostocker »

« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2014, 06:12 »
+3
Clearly there are people who will be unhappy, frustrated and bigoted little individuals wherever they live.

Anyway, you can live practically anywhere if you live within your means, use a bit of common sense and only have yourself to worry about. Those with families or significant others, much less so.

Tror

« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2014, 06:17 »
+1
Surprised no one mention Denmark- where the king of stock lives?

The "King" of stock (Yuri) moved his business to south africa a long time ago....

shudderstok

« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2014, 11:13 »
+2
i do live and let live, i just don't want to surround myself around that lot. it gets rather sad to see on a daily basis some fat old westerner self applaud himself and his fat westerner pals how wonderful they are cause they can score young chicks on their measly pension. getting younger uneducated girls from third world poverty is hardly a feat. it's just not what i want to see and it's not what i want to be around. to each his own man, but i find it rather sad. btw, complainers will complain where ever they are regardless if they have never left their villages or if they are in bar girl heaven.

ok, but let me remind you the first rule of traveling is that everything is relative.

at the cost of going off-topic, these old farts have zero chances with girls back in the west but not because they're old or fat or ugly, just because they aren't rich !

in a poor country these guys are seen as rich just because they're white, no matter if they have barely a pot to pi-ss in, the locals will also presume you've enough money to afford airplanes and rent in downtown and eat in restaurants, that's "rich" for them and therefore for some girls you'll be a "prize", just as in the West a rich guy is always a good catch for gold diggers and anything in between.

the logic at play is exactly the same, just in a different way and applied into a different culture.

so, there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of from the social dynamics going on in such places, girls looking for a rich suc-ker, and western girls looking for a "provider" with a good job, but for whatever reason these guy are blamed and shamed and yet nobody complain if a western girl expects to "marry up" or the first question she asks is "what do you (for a living)" in order to size you up $$$ ...

my opinion, girls are dishonest and rapacious everywhere and are treated accordingly, there's NO reason to survive as an old fart in the west when you can live much better in the tropics for the same price, i mean the concept here is really "surviving vs living" !

feminists and dogooders will rant about "exploitation" but it's just envy ... and they're the first fostering the real exploitation of the third world whenever they buy clothes made in cheap countries or tropical fruit or coffee or whatever.

with that reply, you sound just like the "type" i am talking about. they always have one common denominator about justifying it, the overall lack of respect for women in general. you don't need to be rich to find a wonderful woman anywhere, you just need to show them some mutual respect. that goes both ways my friend, western woman or third world pick ups. just sayin.

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2014, 12:17 »
with that reply, you sound just like the "type" i am talking about. they always have one common denominator about justifying it, the overall lack of respect for women in general. you don't need to be rich to find a wonderful woman anywhere, you just need to show them some mutual respect. that goes both ways my friend, western woman or third world pick ups. just sayin.

but respect must be earned.

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2014, 12:20 »
+1
frustrated and bigoted little individuals

living abroad is the best cure for bigotry but this word has been abused for so long it lost any meaning.

« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2014, 02:54 »
Surprised no one mention Denmark- where the king of stock lives?
I'm not surprised at all. Denmark is really a beautiful country, but to live there is very, very expansive.

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2015, 02:39 »
I would leave somewhere where the US$ gives more !
:P
that's it !

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2015, 16:20 »
+2
I'm living in Hamburg/Germany.

Beautiful city, but with hillbilly inhabitants. I'm thinking of leaving my hometown due to the fact that these hillbillys voted against Hamburg to be a potential host of the olympic games in 2024...

Really beautiful:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42147919/Speicherstadt_Pano_Logo/Speicherstadt_Pano.html

Regards,

Martin
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 16:34 by MartinD »

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2015, 01:08 »
+3
I'm living in Hamburg/Germany.

Beautiful city, but with hillbilly inhabitants. I'm thinking of leaving my hometown due to the fact that these hillbillys voted against Hamburg to be a potential host of the olympic games in 2024...

Agree that Hamburg is a beautiful city - but disagree that voting against the Olympics makes them hillbillies. These days the Olympics are nothing but a commercial operation that sucks a lot of cash out of a domestic market in return for 5mins of fame. Hosting comes with so many strings and costs attached that the hangover is just a debt and facilities that have no long term value to the host city. Whatever values they might have stood for in the past, they're now just an event for sponsors, run by an organisation that is just as corrupt as FIFA.

Maybe someone can enlighten me what Coca Cola and McDonalds have to do with health, athleticism or sport?

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2015, 02:09 »
+4
You have to be happy where you live. That was always my maxim and that's why I am where I am now. And on top of it, Perth in Western Australia - and the rest of the continent, is not short of cool and classy locations for a photographer  ;) But I bet, if you love your home, if you love your life, then you've found the right place and creativity shouldn't be the problem anymore - and that can be (almost) anywhere in the world!