MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: KelbyOne advertising Dollar Photo Club??  (Read 4739 times)

« on: November 19, 2014, 12:06 »
+1
Just received a promotional email from KelbyOne advertising the DPC.  Anyone else get this?

I assume KelbyOne is getting paid or getting a cut. 

http://archives.subscribermail.com/msg/da585bb4abac42f9ae7ff1a8d1df0917.htm

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:19 by ShadySue »

Uncle Pete

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:18 »
+1
Need to fix your link Sue, it's not working as entered:  http://www.microstockgroup.com/fotolia-com/fotolia-d-day-%28deactivation-day%29-may-1/msg379210/#msg379210 this one is.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:20 »
+2
Need to fix your link Sue, it's not working as entered
Tx.
Mine is too now.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 14:17 »
+7
I received it and deleted it a couple of days ago. I also unsubscribed from their mailing list as they're apparently reduced to spamming former members of NAPP for a living :)

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 16:50 »
Which is odd because NAPP and Kelby used to be locked in to istock. And I figured they had a special deal with istock. Maybe a falling out?

Tryingmybest

• Stand up for what is right
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 20:59 »
+3
From Kelby's apologia for Adobe's software sharecropping program (Creative Cloud) to this Dollar Club, I am eagerly awaiting the expiration of my NAPP membership.  :(

Just received a promotional email from KelbyOne advertising the DPC.  Anyone else get this?

I assume KelbyOne is getting paid or getting a cut. 

http://archives.subscribermail.com/msg/da585bb4abac42f9ae7ff1a8d1df0917.htm

PaulieWalnuts

• We Have Exciting News For You
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 09:14 »
+10
I was a Kelby subscriber for years. When I saw they were promoting DPC I let my account expire. If that's the kind of business Kelby supports than I can no longer justify supporting Kelby.

And on top of that I saw a post where someone questioned him on this and he gave a "I had no idea" response. Really? If that's true he now knows about it and continues to support it so he can't use playing dumb as an excuse anymore.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:17 by PaulieWalnuts »

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 10:57 »
+2
I was a Kelby subscriber for years. When I saw they were promoting DPC I let my account expire. If that's the kind of business Kelby supports than I can no longer justify supporting Kelby.

And on top of that I saw a post where someone questioned him on this and he gave a "I had no idea" response. Really? If that's true he now knows about it and continues to support it so he can't use playing dumb as an excuse anymore.

SPOT ON ....+1

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 11:18 »
+3
The front inside cover and first page are a two page spread advertising DPC in the latest issue of Photoshop User magazine.  The e-mails are probably part of the advertising agreement and that size and placement were likely to be very expensive for prime placement.  I would not expect him to have detailed knowledge of the individual advertisers products in the magazine but would hope that he will challenge the advertising department to investigate and that he would take a moral stance against future promotion and refuse the ads going forward.

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 13:22 »
+4
I left NAPP after being a member for many years over a combination of their silence over forcing Creative Cloud on users and shilling for DPC

Kelby is trying to flog himself to make a living, which is his choice. However I had (mistakenly) thought the company was something else - an ASSOCIATION of pro Photoshop users - which it clearly isn't. They don't speak for users or advocate their interests, just cosy up to Adobe & others and try to sell stuff. I couldn't see giving them one cent more of my money

Tryingmybest

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 13:38 »
+6
Make sure you send him a message through the contact form at NAPP or call the toll free line. Let him know what you think. I'm letting mine lapse no matter what. But I made sure to tell him why.

Tryingmybest

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 13:39 »
+2
Well stated!
 ;D
I left NAPP after being a member for many years over a combination of their silence over forcing Creative Cloud on users and shilling for DPC

Kelby is trying to flog himself to make a living, which is his choice. However I had (mistakenly) thought the company was something else - an ASSOCIATION of pro Photoshop users - which it clearly isn't. They don't speak for users or advocate their interests, just cosy up to Adobe & others and try to sell stuff. I couldn't see giving them one cent more of my money