pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: How do I know what I actually have been sold? SOLVED  (Read 5097 times)

« on: November 24, 2014, 17:00 »
Hi,

I just sold my first picture for $ 0,25. I know the picture they bought. But for what kinda size did they bought the picture? Or even what kinda license?

Regards,
Dijkcity

I've got the answer, quote from SS:

25-A-Day Downloads
Buyers subscribe on a monthly basis and can download up to 750 images over the course of 30 days. Your cut? Shutterstock will pay you 25 cents every time one of your images is downloaded, with a tiered set of raises to 33 cents, 36 cents and 38 cents per download as you reach the $500, $3,000 and $10,000 lifetime earning milestones, respectively. This subscription model encourages buyers to download a greater volume of images than they would at most other agencies, and commissions for our submitters can add up fast.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 17:13 by dijkcity »

Rinderart

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 20:39 »
Not really answers your questions But If thats good. Your good.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 17:51 »
Indeed, but I especially wondered what kinda license they bought. $ 0,25 sounds like very cheap. It still confuses me, because I don't understand what the differences between subscription and regular downloads are. These subscription downloads are very cheap and they can download A LOT with low costs. What is the big deal there? I could imagine, the usage is very limited.

Today I sold 1 RF (large format) picture on Dreamtime for $ 2,30. Well, that's a big difference. Just 1 picture for large format.

Is there a easy explanation between those licences? Some are just 'a bit' more expensive. The subscription downloads are amazingly cheap. What is going on there?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 18:18 by dijkcity »

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 17:59 »
+1
What is going on there?

Volume rebates on steroids.

That's what subscriptions are.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 18:17 »
What is going on there?

Thanks, does that mean they have the same 'rights' as people without subscription?

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 18:26 »
What is going on there?

Thanks, does that mean they have the same 'rights' as people without subscription?

Yes, the license terms are the same.

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 18:30 »
What is going on there?

Yes, the license terms are the same.

Allright, thanks Dirkr.  :)

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 18:34 »
+7
It never ceases to amaze me just how many people sign up without reading or understanding the terms and conditions of a legally binding agreement between themselves and the agency. You have to tick a box that says you read and agree to them before you ever submit. And then they come to the forum asking for clarification after the get their first .25 royalty, and are stunned. Unbelievable.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 18:47 »
It never ceases to amaze me just how many people sign up without reading or understanding the terms and conditions of a legally binding agreement between themselves and the agency. You have to tick a box that says you read and agree to them before you ever submit. And then they come to the forum asking for clarification after the get their first .25 royalty, and are stunned. Unbelievable.

Not so much unbelievable about that. Since a lot of people using these stock platforms and I'm not a person with 'special terms'. So I can signup without reading these terms, because I know 'they are what they are' and they are not bad. I'm not complaining and arguing the agency, it's curiosity.

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 18:54 »
Indeed, but I especially wondered what kinda license they bought. $ 0,25 sounds like very cheap. It still confuses me, because I don't understand what the differences between subscription and regular downloads are. These subscription downloads are very cheap and they can download A LOT with low costs. What is the big deal there? I could imagine, the usage is very limited.

Today I sold 1 RF (large format) picture on Dreamtime for $ 2,30. Well, that's a big difference. Just 1 picture for large format.

Is there a easy explanation between those licences? Some are just 'a bit' more expensive. The subscription downloads are amazingly cheap. What is going on there?

Buyers who don't need large volumes of images will buy single images or On Demand packs for a higher price per image. We'll get more royalty per download if buyers use On Demand or single images, but subscriptions are the regular sales. It's cheap, then again, bigger volumes means you'll get more sales. That's the trade-off.
License terms are the same for all kinds of sales, unless it's an Extended License sale ($28 royalty). Anyway, look it up here: http://www.shutterstock.com/en/subscribe

Don't know why I even bother explaining, you should have read it before signing up.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 19:34 »

Buyers who don't need large volumes of images will buy single images or On Demand packs for a higher price per image. We'll get more royalty per download if buyers use On Demand or single images, but subscriptions are the regular sales. It's cheap, then again, bigger volumes means you'll get more sales. That's the trade-off.
License terms are the same for all kinds of sales, unless it's an Extended License sale ($28 royalty). Anyway, look it up here: http://www.shutterstock.com/en/subscribe

Don't know why I even bother explaining, you should have read it before signing up.

Thanks for the clear answer. I'm happy to understand it. I'll probably check out licence terms soon. My rush for uploading refuses me to be patient. Also, I need Google translation for understanding difficult grammar. Even in my own language those terms can confuse me.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 07:15 »

Thanks for the clear answer. I'm happy to understand it. I'll probably check out licence terms soon. My rush for uploading refuses me to be patient. Also, I need Google translation for understanding difficult grammar. Even in my own language those terms can confuse me.

Are you Dutch? They have different language versions of their site, licenses and the terms and conditions. Google Translate will make it even harder to understand. http://www.shutterstock.com/nl/subscribe

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 10:11 »

Are you Dutch? They have different language versions of their site, licenses and the terms and conditions. Google Translate will make it even harder to understand. http://www.shutterstock.com/nl/subscribe

Thanks! Dat klopt. I'll read them tonight. And hope I could understand it.

dpimborough

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 11:29 »

Well one day your "rush for uploading" will end up with you giving away your photos for $0.00 (yes some sites love you to give something and you don't get paid)  ::)

Be professional check the terms and conditions always and then there will not be any surprises!