pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Member Name on IS how do I view or edit it?  (Read 2087 times)

Uncle Pete

« on: December 05, 2014, 09:57 »
Just went to IS and was checking my profile. Adjusted address and phone. Wanted to verify that I have the same member name as I use on SS. I can't find it.

Little warning, if you add a company name, it locks and you can't change it. I was testing, hit save. ZING, locked in. So now I wrote to customer support and asked them to fix it for me - Please. That's my mistake but be warned, if you enter a company name, it's locked.

Anyway, I seem to have lost the link, or forgot how to edit Member Name on IS? Looks like they changed it back to RealName, no space, while the account name is Real Name (with a space)

Also wasn't there a way to search for images by Artist? Now what did I do wrong. I went to the search and I can see shape, color, size, collection, resolution, copy space, license, exclusive... I don't see by artist?

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:59 »
Just type the name into the search.  Typing in 'Peteklinger' comes up "Contributor: PeteKlinger"

Uncle Pete

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:22 »
Thanks, I guess I didn't guess my name right before.  :)

Oh wait, looks like you didn't either. Those aren't my photoshttp://www.istockphoto.com/photos/peteklinger#1ec34f96  Wow, wish they were? Peteklinger Stock Photos (69,163 results) But heck if someone doesn't know, it makes me look Absolutely Mahvelous!

I'm sure you recognize that we were allowed a Member Name at one time? And if I search on TS I can use any of three names and find some of my images. With the space ("real name") and without and the member name. Now I see an option for Business name, which could make four?

So I'll ask again,

1) how do I edit my Member Name? That's the question. Or how do I see it?

2) How do I search by artists name on IS. I thought there was a tab for that before? I suspect it's obvious and I'm just not looking in the right place.

Just type the name into the search.  Typing in 'Peteklinger' comes up "Contributor: PeteKlinger"

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:28 »

You have to ask CR to do that.
http://www.istockphoto.com/faq/managing-your-account

2) How do I search by artists name on IS. I thought there was a tab for that before? I suspect it's obvious and I'm just not looking in the right place.

I'm pretty certain that stopped a while back.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:15 by ShadySue »

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 12:00 »

Oh wait, looks like you didn't either. Those aren't my photoshttp://www.istockphoto.com/photos/peteklinger#1ec34f96  Wow, wish they were? Peteklinger Stock Photos (69,163 results) But heck if someone doesn't know, it makes me look Absolutely Mahvelous!

I'm sure you recognize that we were allowed a Member Name at one time? And if I search on TS I can use any of three names and find some of my images. With the space ("real name") and without and the member name. Now I see an option for Business name, which could make four?

So I'll ask again,

Those aren't your photos?  www.istockphoto.com/portfolio/PeteKlinger
When you type in 'Peteklinger' the option comes up below for you to select "Contributor: PeteKlinger".  You have to click on that.  You did a search for 'peteklinger' not "Contributor: PeteKlinger"

Uncle Pete

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 13:29 »
Well considering I'm totally lost and confused, I followed your suggestion and typed in myname, and it wasn't me. But now that you added the contributor drop down box part, yeah, that's me. ps I don't touch type, so I didn't see it and with the space, it never shows.

If I type in my name with a space, nothing happens. If I type in my Member Name, nothing happens, if I enter the Company Name, nothing happens.

But Thank You, if I start typing my name, no space, and get to  "petekl" the drop down shows my name.

And thanks sue, that's changed. It used to be we could edit our member name. At this point I don't know if it matters and the system has gone back to using real names. The whole uproar was that people on TS had their real names showing. They didn't want that to happen, so IS added the option for a Member Name...

And in the Preferences > My Uploads (not the profile by the way) there are three choices:

Copyright Owner
Display

First and last name
Member name
Business name

And mine is set for Member name but my real name shows?

I wrote to CR and I'll see what happens.

Dang I have to get some work done...

So I'll ask again,

Those aren't your photos?  www.istockphoto.com/portfolio/PeteKlinger
When you type in 'Peteklinger' the option comes up below for you to select "Contributor: PeteKlinger".  You have to click on that.  You did a search for 'peteklinger' not "Contributor: PeteKlinger"