MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Do you believe that DT is dying?  (Read 67101 times)

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2015, 03:02 »
+1
Wow - I have actually earned $2 since my last post. I can't contain myself !

dbvirago

« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2015, 15:59 »
+1
On a seesaw. After a BME in February, this month they are down there with Bigstock and Canstock. Heading for worst month since 2007.

« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2015, 16:14 »
So, I have finally reached 100$ for payment. At least that's what it says on the front page (earning balance). But when I go to account statistics, total sum is 98.85$. Anyone knows, why this difference?

Server Lag

« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2015, 18:29 »
As a newbie, it is the only site where I have had no sales despite a good approval rate.  I have had more on the lower tiers and those on the right margin below the low earners than DT.    Probably a matter of my subject matter being different than than the focus of their clientele.

« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2015, 00:19 »
+1
3.07 $ - for the entire month !!!!!!
I believe that further comment will be useless !

« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2015, 01:26 »
+3
i have BME in july, about 60x more $ with same big portfolio, no el.   Subs are still problem. DT is not dying.

all pages are normal in july! 8-10% lower sales, thats all. stop complaining

3.07 $ - for the entire month !!!!!!
I believe that further comment will be useless !

« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2015, 07:27 »
+6
This month DT is doing only about 25% of the average for last year and the worst month in 2.5 years.  Number of sales is the lowest since 2010.  For me they often have the most variability but the drop for this month is so severe that it seems something has changed.  Supposedly they rotate favorability in the search so hopefully I just rotated out of favor and will rotate back in next month, but I am not optimistic.

Hongover

« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2015, 11:28 »
+4
Dreamstime is such a strange site to me.

The name is strange. The website is poorly designed. Their upload process for vectors is cringe-worthy. They reject a lot of images as "too simple" and they refuse to let you have more than 1 image of what is supposed to be a set some of the time.

They're really hurting themselves with their contributor model. I have a lot of images that sell well elsewhere, but they refuse to accept it. And when they do accept it, images that sell well elsewhere don't sell well on Dreamstime.

« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2015, 12:41 »
+4
One thing has changed, recently. Their review process is much faster.

PZF

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2015, 13:40 »
+1

Indeed. Just a couple hours to reject shots as similars when one is horizontal format, and the other vertical....! Oh - and a night shot for poor lighting.  ???

« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2015, 00:14 »
+1

Is the only good thing that happened in the last years  :-\

« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2015, 00:40 »
+2
At DT this month i am at the same level as when i started many years ago with 1/100th the portfolio. I am even thinking of skipping them in the uploads from now, it's not worth it any more.

On the DT forum a reaction from Achilles read:

Competition, competition, competition. Remember Dreamstime has the largest customer base in the world, so if your sales are not up it's due to competition. Another contributor or more are getting what you missed. I won't repeat how you can improve, it's been said above. Dreamstime is growing strong, last 12 months were the best in more than 5 years. True, more designers shift to subscriptions, something we expected and prepared in advance to accommodate through all-at-once subscriptions that pay much better royalties than the regular ones.

Alamy,Fotolia,Shutterstock to name a few are far outselling DT for me, every month again and again.

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2015, 02:08 »
+5
I like DT.   They are very different from most sites. They have a different attitude to similars and older files make up more income there. It's good to have a site that prolongs the life expectancy of images. I have to agree that with the tiered pricing and less subs competition is stronger there. I have seen very consistent growth over the years with them.

« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2015, 02:29 »
+3
Just had a HORRIBLE month but they have a habit of bouncing back a bit - I do  like them because they are a bit different and sell pictures I like rather than some of my more uninspired stock stuff. But never been "top 4" for me.

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2015, 01:56 »
I don't like DT. Why ? Because i can never make any payout because I go weeks and weeks without a single download. Abysmal sales all the time. It should be ranked bottom of everything for me.

« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2015, 04:12 »
+3
I stopped uploading long ago. A good day in SS earns me more than DT in a year.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 04:16 by Nikovsk »

« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2015, 15:22 »
+1
Just ended a two week drought with a stonking 28c sale - the worst run I can remember for a long time

« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2015, 17:59 »
+3
Amazingly, DT is actually outperforming SS and everyone else this month.  It's early days of course, but the first five days of August at DT have already beat all of July.  It may be a fluke, or it may be signs of a real change.

« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2015, 21:22 »
+1
As  newbie, DT is only place where I have more then 20 images for sale for a couple of weeks at least where I have 0 sales.  Having a lot more sales from those under the low earner category here than them. 

The blogs by contributors annoy me.

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2015, 03:06 »
For me, DT is very slow... I barely sell a picture in a couple of days  :-\

« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2015, 10:59 »
+1
Amazingly, DT is actually outperforming SS and everyone else this month.  It's early days of course, but the first five days of August at DT have already beat all of July.  It may be a fluke, or it may be signs of a real change.

They go up and down so much for me - I've had months like yours where they come close to or even beat out SS, usually my best micro site (though I have 1/3rd few images on DT), and then others where sales are so slow. They've been like that for me from the beginning, so I don't think they're dying, they are just very different than SS. SS is really the only micro site for me that's (generally) consistent.

« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2015, 11:11 »
if dt is a person, we attended his funeral many years ago.
if we dug up his coffin, it will be nothing but maggots and bones.
it's best we leave it for halloween or day of the dead to ever mention dt .

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2015, 02:38 »

They go up and down so much for me - I've had months like yours where they come close to or even beat out SS, usually my best micro site (though I have 1/3rd few images on DT), and then others where sales are so slow. They've been like that for me from the beginning, so I don't think they're dying, they are just very different than SS. SS is really the only micro site for me that's (generally) consistent.

I barely sell a picture in a couple of months.

« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2015, 02:40 »

I barely sell a picture in a couple of months.

Same thing for me   >:(

Hongover

« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2015, 13:44 »
+2
I think I'm done with DT. 1 sale for the entire month so far despite having some of my most popular images on there and having them ranked highly in the search results.

I've earned more with Zazzle with 1/20 of the effort I've put into DT. That clearly deserves more of my attention.

Despite the high traffic numbers, they seem to have very few paying customers.