MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Why I cannot send Syria Editorial photos to IS?  (Read 3288 times)

« on: December 16, 2014, 02:30 »
Why I cannot send Syria Editorial photos to IS? I used to sent and all had accepted but I cannot see the country name "Syria" in the contry list on web site. Anybody knows why? I created a ticket on IS but has not answered yet.

Note: I can see and select "Syria" in deepmeta tool buy when I try to upload to IS it gives an error like "ERROR 4302: The country name provided is invalid."

Thank you advance.
Oguz

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 02:35 »
Syria is on the OFAC list

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 02:45 »
+1
Thank you for your reply. As far I understand Syria in OFAC(office of foreign assets control) list. However I do not understand why it is not possible to send Syria photos to IS? or is there a way to do this?

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 04:02 »
+2
Syria is on the OFAC list

That may make it impossible to contribute as a Syrian. It shouldn't make it impossible to contribute photos that were taken in Syria.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 04:06 »
maybe an uploading bug. Post on Istock forum?

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 04:12 »
I agree with you MarcvsTvlliv.  I am not a Syrian contributer but I have Syria photos. And I believe my photos have buyers because those editorial photos are taken in 2012 which this date is a milestone before the places become ruins. I will post Istock forum soon.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 08:20 »
It seems that they are using the same country list for both contributor's origin country and editorial photo country.
Countries where citizens are forbidden from registering on iStock as contributor are removed from the editorial photo country list as well.
I guess it is some kind of a "bug" or something.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 08:51 »
I don't think so, because I used to submit Syria photos and they are on sale now. I totally use the same way to submit. Somehow Syria removed from the country list. I need to know if it is a bug or fact. I am waiting for ticket responded by istock.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 10:18 »
+1
I don't think so, because I used to submit Syria photos and they are on sale now. I totally use the same way to submit. Somehow Syria removed from the country list. I need to know if it is a bug or fact. I am waiting for ticket responded by istock.
Unfortunately, tickets can take four weeks or more to be answered, maybe more as the big Christmas/New Year holiday is coming up, when I think in the past Support staff had about ten days off (m aybe more?). Maybe that means they're having a big push to answer all open tickets, but maybe not.  ???

As suggested above, I think you should try posting on the Help forum there. Depending on what mood the moderators are in, they might just say, 'contact support' (circumvent that by saying you already have an open ticket) or they might try to find out for you. In any case, there's nothing to lose, I don't think.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 00:49 »
+1
IS has answered my query.

"Our development team works very hard to resolve these issues as they arise, unfortunately in some cases we do not have control on the time frame in which they will be solved."

FYI

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 11:01 »
it's pretty funny that they are accepting this
http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/coming-towards-you-at-high-speed-56428608
http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/feeling-the-wind-in-his-hair-56428550

and many others....i think BMW should know that...and yuri don't know what his team is uploading and what are the risk for that

apologies for the offtopic!!