pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Anybody know any Rasberries?  (Read 4129 times)

dbvirago

« on: December 16, 2014, 19:45 »
+7

iStock wants a model release for this one. I figure if I get one from a random berry, I can probably slip it past them.

KB

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 19:53 »
+4
The MR is not for the raspberries, silly.  ::)  It's for the white background.  ;D

(Seriously, did it state MR or just "release"? Could it be the glass container is of some unique, identifiable design that they want a PR for it? It sure doesn't look it to me, BWDIK?)

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 20:14 »
+7
I don't currently submit there, but in the past they would sometimes have a mis-click - your rejection was for some other reason, not a missing release.

But no, I don't know any raspberries :) Might have something to do with the fact that I regularly eat their friends...

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 20:47 »
+14
Just a random berry release won't do. You need a release for each of the berries in the image. 8)

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 20:48 »
+9
Just a random berry release won't do. You need a release for each of the berries in the image. 8)

I'm assuming these are underage berries, so you'll also need the signature from the papa berry or the mama berry.  And a DNA test just to be on the safe side.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 21:48 »
+11
As alway, the test is: Would the raspberry recognize itself in the photo?  In this case it is a definite yes. I'm pretty sure they are of age, though. They appear to be quite ripe.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 22:51 »
+2
My grandfather's nickname was Raspberries. Unfortunately he passed away some years ago, otherwise I'm sure he would have helped you out, he was a great guy.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 23:54 »
+2
I've got it... The Raspberries were an American power pop/pop rock band from Cleveland, Ohio. They had a run of success in the early 1970s music scene with their pop sound. It's obvious the reviewer is a pop music aficionado and recognized the use of a trademarked name.  ::)

Or clicked the wrong button...

Or was making money on quick frivolous rejections.

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 01:16 »
+5
Raspberry is sly. You must be careful. They can sue you and then invade your home. You will have raspberries everywhere!
 :o

w7lwi

• Those that don't stand up to evil enable evil.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 12:09 »
+3
The term "give them a raspberry" is old American slang that meant to stick out your tongue at someone and blow out your mouth.  It's a term of disrespect and derision.  Seems rather appropriate for IS these days.   :P

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 12:58 »
+2
OMG, took me a few days to click on this one, but glad I finally did!

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 06:26 »
+1
I hope you did not eat the raspberries or kill them by freezing. They couldn't be able to write a model release for you now. Seriously though I think they clicked the wrong button or then it is the glass bowl that needs a release. The third option is that the reviewer is a misunderstoof genious who takes all the pain out on you. You are doomed if that is the case.... :))

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 09:52 »
+3
Send them a fake release and see what they say

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 10:01 »
I think you can get away without releases for the berries at the bottom of the glass. They wont be able to recognize themselves.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 13:29 »
Maybe IS are worried that the raspberries will start a glass action against them if the pic gets published commercially without an MR.

And did you carry out a health and safety risk assessment before stuffing the raspberries into that container?

Seriously, though, my own experience with IS makes me not in the least surprised at this excuse for rejecting a pic. They've thrown a few quite extraordinary ones at me, too.

In view of the amount of money you're likely to make from IS for this shot, is it worth your while spending time arguing with them about it?

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 11:29 »
+1
Your picture has an iStock watermark across the middle. 

You obviously need a release ....... from iStock  :)

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 13:01 »
+1
Maybe IS are worried that the raspberries will start a glass action against them if the pic gets published commercially without an MR.

And if the raspberries do it then maybe the strawberries will too. If that catches on then all of the "fruit on white" might get together and half of microstock would be lost.

The horror... the horror. ::)

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 20:23 »
I would totally make up a fake release and send it to them.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 17:54 »
The reviewer must be referring to the restaurant located near me: http://www.raspberriescafeutica.com/

I didn't build the website, but eat there fairly often.

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 13:30 »
+2
Just a random berry release won't do. You need a release for each of the berries in the image.

And not just some old raspberry release. You'll need a new release with a recent date.

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors