pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND BEST WISHES  (Read 6376 times)

Semmick Photo

« on: December 24, 2014, 11:12 »
+24
It has been a rocking year, some downs, many ups.

I got kicked off Fotolia, got a forum ban on Shutterstock and stopped submitting to Deposit and Alamy. Had a few run ins on MSG which I really didnt like. Lost contact with a few people.

Started uploading to Bigstock and Canva. I have established a steady income of $900 per month overall with my images. I met the woman of my dreams, and recently we moved in together. I hit all targets for my day job, looking at a nice bonus come April. I lost 30 kilos (66lbs) and got my health under control. Started a new photo business.

I feel very positive about 2015 and I think it could be a key year to my future. I have a few moments to look forward to; Foo Fighters in Slane Castle, Dublin. Going to see U2 in Berlin and Dublin. Smashing Pumpkins tour.  Planned a holiday to Nice, France. Going to walk the Wicklow Way (127km) in August. Probably going to chase the Northern Lights in Norway.

How has your year been?

I wish you happy holidays and all the best for 2015 !

No Free Lunch

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 12:56 »
+4

I got kicked off Fotolia, got a forum ban on Shutterstock and stopped submitting to Deposit and Alamy. Had a few run ins on MSG which I really didnt like. Lost contact with a few people.

Started uploading to Bigstock and Canva. I have established a steady income of $900 per month overall with my images. I met the woman of my dreams, and recently we moved in together. I hit all targets for my day job, looking at a nice bonus come April. I lost 30 kilos (66lbs) and got my health under control. Started a new photo business.

I feel very positive about 2015 and I think it could be a key year to my future. I have a few moments to look forward to; Foo Fighters in Slane Castle, Dublin. Going to see U2 in Berlin and Dublin. Smashing Pumpkins tour.  Planned a holiday to Nice, France. Going to walk the Wicklow Way (127km) in August. Probably going to chase the Northern Lights in Norway.

How has your year been?

Wow! Great 'Positive' attitude! Now this gives me more hope for my goals as well for 2015! Thanks Semmick!  :)

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 13:12 »
+8
I wish everybody to be happy and healthy and the rest will just sit on right place one way or another. :D

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 14:36 »
+5
2014 started slow for me then in Feb. started picking up I now have the best year ever for my stock sales. Last week my little boy was in the hospital for 3 days due to an allergic reaction to medication a really bad one. My neighbor passed away at the same time. Seeing my boy so sick and losing my friend puts life in perspective so I say hug the ones you love and enjoy the season no matter where you are or how you celebrate or don't. Life is short! Stock is a great ride and I shot 24 web commercials as well this year, one wedding (I hate weddings!) and some other projects. Looking forward to 2015 with a lot of ideas and a smile on my face. Good fortune to all!

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 15:07 »
+7
Nice to see you back Ron!

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 17:36 »
+8
Happy holidays to you as well.  I have big ambitions of lots of shoots next year, looking forward to the sort of restart that new years brings.

OM

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 19:53 »
+3
Good on ya, Ron. A cool Yule and hot 2015 to you!  ;D

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 20:11 »
+2
I hope I can get EL every month in 2015!

No Free Lunch

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 20:13 »
+2
I hope I can get EL every month in 2015!

Don't go too heavy on the scotch during the holidays :)

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 00:41 »
+5
Happy Holidays to you also Ron.  If the worst that happened to you is kicked off FT, and the best is you meet the right woman and fall in love, sounds like a good year!

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 04:33 »
+4
Exactly as the sun went down yesterday, it started to snow here in southern Sweden. So we got a white Christmas on Christmas Eve. To all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 04:57 »
+5
Happy marry Christmas to everyone it has been an amazing year I opened my own studio with my wife to work on stock photo and footage for microstock my income in the last 12 months is tripled and I found some great niche.Still truly excited about this fantastic job about life about my two amazing children about my wife about myself discovering every day some thing New and positive I wish everyone the best

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Semmick Photo

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 06:40 »
+6

Thank you all. Merry Christmas.

Nice to see you back Ron!

:) Yeah, I hope this time its a more pleasant stay. I used my company name as user name to make sure I keep it civil ;)

Good on ya, Ron. A cool Yule and hot 2015 to you!  ;D

Cheers buddy ! Back atcha.

Happy Holidays to you also Ron.  If the worst that happened to you is kicked off FT, and the best is you meet the right woman and fall in love, sounds like a good year!

I made pay out every month on FT so I didnt like losing the income, but to be fair, peace of mind is worth a lot more ;) All in all a good year indeed !

Happy holidays to you as well.  I have big ambitions of lots of shoots next year, looking forward to the sort of restart that new years brings.

I am sure you will do well Tyler ! Thanks for running this platform for us.

marthamarks

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 11:45 »
+7
Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah to my MSG friends around the world. May 2015 bring us all success, health, joy, and lots of love!

Cyber hugs to all.  ;)

Martha
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 13:18 by marthamarks »

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 01:45 »
+2
Greetings and happy whatever it is you celebrate.
Ron it sounds like a roller coaster but you certainly finished on a high!
I am hoping to build all my business branches this year and hopefully grow to a decent income :-)
I hope everyone achieves their goals for the coming year! :)

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 02:44 »
+9
Got kicked of Fotolia the same day as Ron (in May).  FT was my number 2 earner, so I expected a financial disaster.  To my big surprise, May was the exact turning point for all other agencies to start growing again.  Between January 2012 and May 2014 there had been a steady decline.  I have no idea if being kicked of FT had anything to do with it, but fact is that since May 2014, EVERY month has shown growth.

Beside stock, I have started a successful "Belly&Baby" portrait business which will eventually outgrow my stock income.  I have applied (with success) for my SWPP recognition of the British "Photography Societies" and the "EP" title (European Photographer).  My wish for 2015 is to become one of the best baby photographers in Belgium, and also to learn to work smarter :  spend less time on retouching and still deliver a top product.  If I succeed, I'll have more free time for fun stock shoots. 

Happy holidays to all of you!

Ron, so glad you're back!  Now let's see if we can convince Lisa to join again?

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 07:31 »
+5
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all. My wish for the new year is to see Lisa return to msg :)

2015 will be a good year.

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 17:04 »
+1
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year Ron and everyone here on MSG!

Wishing you all good health, happiness and lots of sales in 2015!  8)

Semmick Photo

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 17:23 »
+3
Shot this one yesterday. The Papal Cross in Phoenix Park. The light was perfect. Very fitting.

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 17:33 »
+4
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here on MSG

Kone

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 17:42 »
+2

How has your year been?

well done Ron!

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2014, 23:09 »
+7
Just a wish that everybody has a great 2015. May your passage be smooth and all the winds at your back.

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 01:15 »
+3
Merry Christmas and congratulations to Semmick. What a fantastic year!

Semmick Photo

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 12:25 »
+1
Thanks ArtesiaWells  :)