MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Best Stock Photo Site?  (Read 5129 times)

« on: January 07, 2015, 21:31 »
Hey Everyone!
   I am starting to sell some of my photos online. At the moment, I am trying to sell on bigstock. I've had my image up for a few days, and it hasn't made a single cent. Did I miss something? What do you guys think?
                Marz

No Free Lunch

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 21:50 »
+4
pretty hard for us to help you without showing us your images on Bigstock. Looks like you expect a single images to sell within a few days? I wonder if this is a real post?

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 22:16 »
pretty hard for us to help you without showing us your images on Bigstock. Looks like you expect a single images to sell within a few days? I wonder if this is a real post?
Sorry bro, I'm new to this biz. Just wondering if BigStock is good for starting?

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 23:14 »
+4
If you mean that you uploaded one single image, it might be weeks, months or never before you see a sale.  There are a lot of buyers and a lot of images on offer; it takes luck and patience for your work to get in front of a buyer who needs what you have to offer.  And the more usable images you have, the better the chance that someone will find them and throw real money at you.  Small amounts at first, but still real.

With that said, I'd tell you that BigStock wouldn't be my first choice.  They produce a small fraction of the sales of other agencies.  I personally do more than 10:1 better at 123RF than I do at BigStock, and even better at Shutterstock.

Good luck.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 23:37 »
If you mean that you uploaded one single image, it might be weeks, months or never before you see a sale.  There are a lot of buyers and a lot of images on offer; it takes luck and patience for your work to get in front of a buyer who needs what you have to offer.  And the more usable images you have, the better the chance that someone will find them and throw real money at you.  Small amounts at first, but still real.

With that said, I'd tell you that BigStock wouldn't be my first choice.  They produce a small fraction of the sales of other agencies.  I personally do more than 10:1 better at 123RF than I do at BigStock, and even better at Shutterstock.

Good luck.
Awesome :) thanks!

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 08:58 »
Not a big fan of bigstock. sales are slow there and they take a long time to accept your images.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 10:58 »
+1
My image? you mean that you uploaded only one image? you will have to do a lot more than this :)

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 00:23 »
+1
On 500px Prime (prime.500px.com), you receive 70% of the net sale price on your photos. I agree with previous comments, it can take a while to make a sale :) Post your best work, make sure it's titled and keyworded well, and hopefully you'll see a sale soon. Good luck!

I can confirm that, I have regular sales there :)

Milleflore

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 03:01 »
On 500px Prime (prime.500px.com), you receive 70% of the net sale price on your photos. I agree with previous comments, it can take a while to make a sale :) Post your best work, make sure it's titled and keyworded well, and hopefully you'll see a sale soon. Good luck!

Thanks, Adriana. Good to know.

Just one question: do images uploaded to/sold on 500px Prime have to be exclusive to your site, or can they already be listed on other sites?

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 03:28 »
+3
They don't have to be exclusive but you must remeber that you'll have some extra work on double uploading. They don't watermark your images ans let it share as large files, so IF you don't accept it and want your work to be more safe (never in 100% of course) you have to:
resize image, add watermark handly, upload once this small size, copy title, description and keywords  beacouse it doesn't have IPTC data when saved for web, then upload another file as large to sell it in PRIME...
 ::)
500px is the only one agency I know that does this practise. Everybody else, every other agency does resizing and add watermark (or let you choose if you want it) and you upload once. You save a lot of time! I'm sorry 500px doesn't listen to us... :(

Milleflore

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 03:51 »
They don't have to be exclusive but you must remeber that you'll have some extra work on double uploading. They don't watermark your images ans let it share as large files, so IF you don't accept it and want your work to be more safe (never in 100% of course) you have to:
resize image, add watermark handly, upload once this small size, copy title, description and keywords  beacouse it doesn't have IPTC data when saved for web, then upload another file as large to sell it in PRIME...
500px is the only one agency I know that does this practise. Everybody else, every other agency does resizing and add watermark (or let you choose if you want it) and you upload once. You save a lot of time! I'm sorry 500px doesn't listen to us... :(

Wow, that's a lot of extra work.

Thank you so very, very much, Ariene for your explanation. :)

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 09:38 »

Wow, that's a lot of extra work.

Thank you so very, very much, Ariene for your explanation. :)

Sorry I'm late to this party! I already replied on another thread, but we ARE bringing watermarking to 500px this year. We do listen, I promise ;) The whole uploading to Prime process is going to get much simpler, hopefully very soon.

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 09:39 »

I can confirm that, I have regular sales there :)

Woohoo! That's great to hear, Deyan. Congrats :)