pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: No more uploads for me  (Read 9841 times)

« on: January 08, 2015, 20:57 »
+6
Well, I've tried with BS but I think I've reached a point now where the effort is just not worth it any more. After a year or so in the game and with around 400 live images, SS is far and away my best performer with IS sales running at about 50% of SS, and BS running at about 20% of SS.

BS can keep my current port but I can't be bothered uploading to them any more. Shame, as they were the first agency I went with...

No Free Lunch

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 23:05 »
+2
Bigstock is around 5% of my overall earnings- not chump change for sure. I wouldn't stop uploading to them.  Plus using only 400 images to run a statistical analysis isn't very reliable. I have over 3,000 images in 3 plus years and still don't feel I have enough to run good solid stats...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 23:10 by No Free Lunch »

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 08:04 »
+12
Ive got about 700 images on BS and its consistently earning me $3.00 a month.  I dont think its worth the effort especially with their terrible keyword/submission system.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 11:14 »
+1
I gave up on them a few months ago. It's like DT, you can make a few bucks there but when you realize the work to upload and compare it with your annual return, it's really sad. Less is more - uploading only to SS and FT.

Tryingmybest

• Stand up for what is right
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 11:17 »
+1
I make a payout regularly with them. However, I have stopped uploading eps formats because it's such a pain and the pay is so low.  They also make us submit reference files like SSa real pain. So now they just get JPGs of my illustrations.  :P

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 12:57 »
Ive round about 1000 images there with a income of 15$ per month. Its not so good but more as nothing .-) @gnirtS: The keyword issue you can solve when you use mymicrostockupload.com .

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 15:10 »
+9
Quit them a long time ago.

Mostly because of the upload system, but the commissions are bad as well. Didn't regret it for one second.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 15:37 »
+4
I've just about given up, mostly because of their  braindead uploading process (weird shift keys to make selections, etc), plus their categories are ridiculous.   I submit everything as 'misc' - most reviewers accept that, but others reject for bad categories.  but with their pitiful payments, i'm not wasting my time editing indiv categories

they're bottom tier, on life support

Batman

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 13:23 »
+2
I've just about given up, mostly because of their  braindead uploading process (weird shift keys to make selections, etc), plus their categories are ridiculous.   I submit everything as 'misc' - most reviewers accept that, but others reject for bad categories.  but with their pitiful payments, i'm not wasting my time editing indiv categories

they're bottom tier, on life support

I have given up, goodbye BS.

MxR

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 02:47 »
+7
1-. Upload to Bigstock is to show that whenever Shutterstock can get off the commissions because we are fools. Bigstock is a Shutter test to see how idiot we can be...(profit system like ISTOCK and 123RF...but less money).

2-. Bigstock is an example of photographic devaluation and you have to be a fool to spend so much time in so little benefit. It is more profitable watch TV than upload bigstock

Semmick Photo

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 04:42 »
Ive got about 700 images on BS and its consistently earning me $3.00 a month.  I dont think its worth the effort especially with their terrible keyword/submission system.
I've got 900 images up and now going towards $15 a month. Its going up still from where I started 5 months ago. I dont have much trouble with their upload system to be honest. Batch editing works fine, and if all meta data is there submitting single images is quite fast.

baz777

• Im not sociable so I dont use social media
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 08:18 »
+1
I have 1982 vector images on BS and average $15.00 per month, please don't ask me why I still upload there, habit I suppose.

Semmick Photo

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 08:20 »
Related to my previous comment; I love people disagreeing with facts  8)

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 14:34 »
+1
I have stopped uploading to BS a while ago and am just waiting to hit payout to close my account. I know conventional wisdom says don't delete, just stop adding, but with them as with Depositphotos I just really don't wanna be a part of it anymore.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 15:46 »
+3
They do seem like the site where SS plays screw the contributor to decide what they want to do with SS in the future.

It would be nice if they would tell us how long they will keep paying .38 for subs for the bridge folks (they are still doing that aren't they - originally it was only supposed to be for 6 months or a year I thought).

dpimborough

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 05:15 »
+2
Well they are no worse nor better than FT DT DP or 123 and certainly better than CS Zoonar Panther and YAY and at least payout is only $30 not $50 or $100.

Not huge bucks but upload is trouble free and I agree with Ron the batch process makes it easy.

And a big plus is at least they accept all keywords and don't operate a stupid controlled vocabulary system plus you can go back and edit keywords

Payouts are every 2 to three months but they are getting more frequent with around 1300 images

At 27 cents they are only 1 cent behind iStock (subs)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:18 by Teddy the Cat »

Semmick Photo

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 06:26 »
I was with BS about 2 years ago, had my port practically mirrored from what I had accepted on SS. I made 50 cent in 4 months, then I dropped them. To replace income when FT dropped me last year, I signed up with BS again, and I almost have daily sales now. Something changed, although I dont like their cannister system, they outperform CanStockPhoto and PD at the moment. They were on par with Canva for a while, but Canva is getting stronger now.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 02:32 »
+3
Quit them a long time ago.

Mostly because of the upload system, but the commissions are bad as well. Didn't regret it for one second.

Agree! I quit too!

Good luck guys!

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 03:03 »
+4
If to check threads history on ss forums about BS, yes it is clear they behave as a test platform with very negative attutude. Again regarding history agency needs something more valuable to give to restore its reputation. For now no sign. I don't upload already long time there too.

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 08:37 »
+2
BS: Negligible very very low earner in declining.
As bad as Canstock, which is out of the play - despite very promising Duncan`s statements.

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 14:00 »
+2
Stopped uploading and deleted my best content out from Bigstock since many months ago. 

Its quite ridiculous that they pay a miserly sub royalty, way lower than even SS which is same ownership.  ... just didn't find that acceptable!

:(

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 14:20 »
+3
I typically only upload to BS my rejects form SS. BS always seems to take my rejects which is interesting seeing how its owned by SS. I have always wanted to upload my entire Portfolio to BS but haven't since they are owned by SS. My fear is that then all my sales would start coming from BS for a lot less pay.

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 16:54 »
+3
I finally hit payout and pulled my port a while ago (after not uploading for about a year before). Good riddance!

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 04:54 »

It would be nice if they would tell us how long they will keep paying .38 for subs for the bridge folks (they are still doing that aren't they - originally it was only supposed to be for 6 months or a year I thought).
Yes they are still paying 38c.

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 05:05 »
+3
There's no way I would give them any more of my work. It is just a test by SS to see if we will take a sh*fting. I am still fuming that they offered the 38c to people who never contributed there before, while those of us already on the site get much less. Still makes me mad now thinking about it.