pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Owner of Dreamstime is millionaire  (Read 10060 times)

cuppacoffee

« on: January 09, 2015, 09:11 »
Jeff Prescott, 51, is COO and co-founder of Dreamstine, a microstock photography agency.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/01/08/kate-gosselin-is-dating-millionaire/?intcmp=features

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 10:01 »
+11
As usual, at our expense. They make millions we make peanuts. I guess I could just kill my account there and lose a whopping $125 a month.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 10:13 »
+12
If it's taken him more than 10 years to do it then he hasn't been cashing in very efficiently.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 10:24 »

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 10:35 »
You can be a millionaire and never pay taxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVJxvwldwog

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 10:43 »
+1
The poor bloke, I think there is a very special kinda h*ll for anyone who gets involved with that woman. 

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 14:02 »
+2
To be a millionaire is not exceptional I don't see where is *the new*

Semmick Photo

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 14:04 »
+6
Jon is billionaire, he did a 1000 times better  :P

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 15:04 »
+9
Jon is billionaire, he did a 1000 times better  :P

So his girlfriend has 8000 kids?  ;)

marthamarks

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 16:15 »
+1
Jeff Prescott, 51, is COO and co-founder of Dreamstine, a microstock photography agency.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/01/08/kate-gosselin-is-dating-millionaire/?intcmp=features

How appropriate!

Fox News can't even get the name "Dreamstime" spelled right. They made it into "Dreamstine".

For those not in the US, Fox News (aka Faux News, known for having the worst-informed audience in the country) is a big part of the conservative media echo chamber foisted on us by Aussie Rupert Murdoch.

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 16:51 »
+8
The Nashville Business Journal article referenced in another article about Mr. Prescott's ill-advised dating choices had a couple of priceless quotes about Dreamstime and its contributors:

"Dreamstime is like an online "American Idol" television show for unsung photographers all over the globe, says Jeff Prescott, co-owner and Brentwood-based chief operating officer."

A quote from Serban there ""We run 10 times less hardware than our competitors do at about the same level of traffic," he says." and goes about efficiency versus competitors. What we see a number of years later is that inefficient old Shutterstock generates me about 5x the sales volume (and rising because DT sales are slumping) DT does.

"The company turned down a buyout offer from Microsoft two years ago because they believed their proprietary business model is worth more than the proposed buyout, Prescott says.
"We could have all walked away very wealthy," he says. "We had to delightfully decline because we thought we were worth four times what they offered."
Prescott wouldn't say how much Microsoft offered, but says Dreamstime is worth $25 million to $30 million because of its advanced proprietary software and infrastructure, intellectual capital experience and position in the marketplace.". Then there's a correction at the end saying that he "misspoke" and that buyout offers had been received but none from Microsoft

There is a more recent - April 2014 - article about another Dreamstime founder with an interesting quote at the end "...we just continue to grow our customer base and gain more of the market share, she said. Theres a vast market out there for stock photography and our goal is to be more visible.

It's hard to say accurately, but I'd guess that Dreamstime's share is falling - because the market overall is growing faster than it is.

And I agree with the comment that getting involved with a publicity hound is unlikely to end well :)

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 17:54 »
+4

How appropriate!

Fox News can't even get the name "Dreamstime" spelled right. They made it into "Dreamstine".

For those not in the US, Fox News (aka Faux News, known for having the worst-informed audience in the country) is a big part of the conservative media echo chamber foisted on us by Aussie Rupert Murdoch.

One does not have to live in the US to be familiar with the sheer stupidity that is Fox News ;)

However, I have never heard of Kate Gosselin, but a quick glance at her wikipage shows me I don't really want to know.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:58 by Noedelhap »

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 21:36 »
+2

Just for everyone's information, the dirty digger as the Poms call him is NOT an Aussie, he ditched us to get US citizenship so he could bring you'all Fox News.

Our gain your loss!!

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 22:22 »
She might actually have more money than him. There have always been rumors that she's broke, but I wouldn't buy into it. She and Jon made something like $75k per episode of their show at one point, and they filmed 140 episodes. They had piles of money. Maybe they blew some of it and the divorce cost them, but still, they had tons of money before. I suspect she still does at least, even if Jon blew through all of his. And she works, writes books, etc. She's making good money still.

marthamarks

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 22:24 »

Just for everyone's information, the dirty digger as the Poms call him is NOT an Aussie, he ditched us to get US citizenship so he could bring you'all Fox News.

Our gain your loss!!

Gee, Dave, thanks a heap!

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 01:05 »
get a prenup!! ::)

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 08:15 »
+1
They should turn fox news in to a full on comedy.  So many Brits had a good laugh when they said Birmingham was a no-go area for non-Muslims.  The "expert" was unable to say where he had read that and obviously hadn't bothered doing any fact checking or speaking to anyone that had ever been to Birmingham.  It should be called Fox (ridiculous made up stuff that nobody with an IQ higher than their shoe size should take seriously) news

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 08:50 »
+1
They should turn fox news in to a full on comedy.  So many Brits had a good laugh when they said Birmingham was a no-go area for non-Muslims.  The "expert" was unable to say where he had read that and obviously hadn't bothered doing any fact checking or speaking to anyone that had ever been to Birmingham.  It should be called Fox (ridiculous made up stuff that nobody with an IQ higher than their shoe size should take seriously) news

And we should do what msnbc al sharpton recommends.....make it illegal for whites to shoot blacks, even in self defense. I also like the msnbc careful video editing where they leave out the facts to make content into a lie. Oh and brian williams? Fox has far more credibility than these other news outlets.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 10:23 »
+1
For those of you so fast to post your hate for purely political reasons and spread false rumors, to further your attacks.

The story is from ET - entertainment tonight, news feed, not Fox News.

http://www.etonline.com/news/156415_kate_gosselin_kids_want_her_to_marry_again/

It's also apparently not accurate in some other ways. She denies that she's dating him.  :) (does anyone really care if or who she dates. Reality TV is a complete fabrication and scripted in many ways.)

Blame ET, and the inability of the writer to get accurate facts or spellings. He's not "John" by the way! As she spells it at one point of the original article. Jonathan or Jon, never John.

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 07:44 »
As usual, at our expense. They make millions we make peanuts. I guess I could just kill my account there and lose a whopping $125 a month.

so? He's a millionaire, yes -- that is called the power of multiplication: you make $125/month, he makes 100,000s of times that much because he built  "a system" (business model of DT) that yielded this steady flow of income. And BTW, he's providing you a service (the chance to earn your monthly $125, that is).

Everyone can do as he did ;) unless Obama starts his all-out attack on ANY KIND of small business beyond "operation chokepoint"...

Anyway, no need for greed there.

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 07:52 »

How appropriate!

One does not have to live in the US to be familiar with the sheer stupidity that is Fox News ;)

However, I have never heard of Kate Gosselin, but a quick glance at her wikipage shows me I don't really want to know.

Nor does one have to live in the U. S. to know that NPR, HuffPost, and New York Times audiences are even dumber! Note though, that that is not meant to say that F*cks News or what they call themselves ;) were not what you are saying above -- in so far, I mostly agree with you. ;)

I just don't see the big difference between Murdoch-owned and Soros-controlled BS, the real news is quite different from both, seriously...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:41 by marquixHD »

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 08:43 »
no delete button on MSG -- strange.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 13:07 by marquixHD »