pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Enlarging sales in Microstock - new sites  (Read 11234 times)

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 11:35 »
+1
You should write a letter and send it by regular mail. Perhaps generates enough attention to become well read by others. The support is outsourced often. Does not really make much sense to bother the support :)

Perhaps it is a good idea!
Even though I am close on giving up on iStock...

Here is the next answer from them -
Please know that many reasons why sales fluctuate, ranging from the season, market demand to more files on the site such as more competition for sales.

The more your portfolio grows the more exposure you will have with the other files in the search.

Also shooting what is demand will help as well:

Here is some resources for this as well:
http://www.istockphoto.com/article_view.php?ID=1413&Page=2

Linking similar files may also increase your potential exposure and sales as I see you have no files with this feature and it help customers find what they need in your portfolio

For information on how to create UBB links, please visit:

http://istockfaq.gettyimages.com/how-do-create-links-to-other-images-on-my-portfolio/

The more good quality files that you upload, the better the chance that one of them will take off and do well for you. So the mantra goes shoot upload repeat.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 11:37 »
+1
Linking similar files may also increase your potential exposure and sales as I see you have no files with this feature and it help customers find what they need in your portfolio
For information on how to create UBB links, please visit:
http://istockfaq.gettyimages.com/how-do-create-links-to-other-images-on-my-portfolio/

Mwa-ha-ha.
http://www.microstockgroup.com/istockphoto-com/istock-removes-links-from-image-descriptions
The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. And vice versa.

No Free Lunch

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 11:40 »
+2
prime.500px.com - you'll get 70% of the net sale price on your photos.

Let's see 0 sales times 70% equals $0.00
 :-\

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 18:37 »
+2
Also shooting what is demand will help as well:
Here is some resources for this as well:
http://www.istockphoto.com/article_view.php?ID=1413&Page=2

So, choosing some of these briefs at random:
CelebrateFood2014 Brief issued Nov 2014. Files tagged: 1056. Files with dls: 35, mostly 1 dl. Only two with the tag for that brief have >10 dls.

NorthEurope2014  Brief issued: July 2014. Files: 3488.  Files with dls: 194, mostly 1 dl.  only two with >10 dls.

Femmeflux Brief issued: March 2014 Oooh, I got excited there, but wait ...Brief issued: Files: 6949. Wow, some files have >100 dls. But wait ... Ony one of those with >100 was shot in 2014. The others were uploaded in 2008 or 2011, and post-tagged. In the next row down, those with 30 - 50 dls, only one was shot in 2014, the others from as far back as 2007.

So anyone should think long and hard about responding to these briefs, if they have to make any sort of financial outlay.

(Of course, I haven't access to sales for Subs and PP. One of the problems with these briefs is that the requests might have been made by people on subs programmes, so they want expensive shoots for very little money.)

And for some reason, when clicking the 'Food loving' link, I "do not have permissions to view this page." Wonder how many permissions one needs?

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 09:35 »

Womp, womp :( Your math is correct. Bummed to hear about the lack of sales. We've published many a tip and trick to help those sales along on our blog, iso.500px.com - proper and thorough keywording seems to be the big one. Fingers crossed for you that things turn around :)

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 19:51 »

Womp, womp :( Your math is correct. Bummed to hear about the lack of sales. We've published many a tip and trick to help those sales along on our blog, iso.500px.com - proper and thorough keywording seems to be the big one. Fingers crossed for you that things turn around :)

Womp, womp :(Nothing to do with buyer traffic?)