pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Pixtastock - new TOS  (Read 3353 times)

« on: January 23, 2015, 04:43 »
+1
Hi,
i know that most of you think that PIXTAstock is crap and i know that their changes of royalty in 2014 was a scandal.
http://www.microstockgroup.com/general-stock-discussion/pixta-changes-once-again-commissions-etc/msg384492/#msg384492
Nevertheless i would like to know what their new TOS rolls out in comparison to their old TOS.

The new TOS will be effective on 30.01.2015
http://www.pixtastock.com/blog/updates-of-the-terms-of-use-effective/

We asked them to provide us with a comparison between new and old TOS but the only thing we got was answers which were very vague and unclear like:
"As for the details of our new TOS, we'll announce on 30th January.
So please wait for the announcement.
"

Our answer was:
"Since your new TOS will be effective on 30.01 i can not wait until the 30.01 to get the details.
So please send us a comparison of your old TOS vs. your new TOS asap
"

They answered:
"The updates this time are mainly for the purchasing users,
and we have tried to explain in the previous notice on January 21
the updates that may also affect the contributor members among them.

Hope you understand that we need to be fair to other contributors,
so please wait for the official announcement on 30th January.
"

We informed them that we will start this thread and invited them to make statement here.
We will see what happens

Is somebody around here who can bring some light in that darkness and who can explain us what exactly will change??
regards axel

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 04:47 »

Here's announcement with links:

Thank you for always using our services.

We will update the Terms of Use of both PIXTA and Imasia on January 30, 2015. 

Through the updates this time, the scopes of the standard license and the extended license provided in the Articles 6 and 7 of the Terms of Use respectively will be reviewed, and updated so as to improve the usability for the users of our service and available content, for example, with simpler criteria to determine the uses which exceeds the standard license and requires acquisition of the extended license. 

We present here the detail of the updates so you can continue to use our service and contents smoothly after they become effective.
Please refer to the following link for details.

Notice about updates of the terms of use effective on January 30, 2015 
http://www.pixtastock.com/blog/updates-of-the-terms-of-use-effective/

FAQ on the scope of license and the extended license
http://www.pixtastock.com/blog/updates-of-the-terms-of-use-effective#faq

We will always try our best in order to improve our service for the users.
Thank you.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 09:13 »
as far as i see there is no comparison between their new and their old TOS and thats what i asked them for.

Qustion for you..."justanotherphotographer":
Do you know what will change?
Are you willing / able to inform us?

fujiko

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 09:53 »
Pixtastock is working hard on winning the award to the agency that makes more changes to their TOS in the shortest time.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 03:21 »
+1
I had a meeting with some of their content and marketing people while they were here last week. It seems as though they are trying hard to make changes beneficial to both buyers and contributors. So it's possible the ongoing changes to the TOS are a reflection of that.

I don't sell much there, but I give them credit for trying.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 03:06 »
+1
I now asked our contact person multiple times for a comparison.
At first he putted us of with "wait until the 30rd of january" and now we received a mail explaining that they decided not to give us a comparison.
Instead they sended us a mail with very unclear and general phrases like this:
"Articles 6 and 7
They are the subject of the prior announcement.
Paragraph 2 of Article 6 and paragraph 1 of Article 7 were revised according to the content of the announcement,
as well as adjusting some of the prohibitions of Article 6 in order to comfort to the present operation. "

Is it by purpose that they dont want us to understand what their TOS are about??
If so it is a very clear sign that they dont care about contributors and that they treat us as much like "milk cows" like every other so called agenciy

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors