pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: DP 4 months worth of sales in the last 12 hours  (Read 6513 times)

« on: January 28, 2015, 13:24 »
Over 70 downloads since midnight, over half on-demand at $.92. I usually average 3-8 sales a day. Anyone want to guess on the over/under for fraud?
I don't even know how to handle this one. Someone just got almost my entire port at DP and odds are for free.
I hope not. Am I having a great day or am I likely to get a nasty claw back in about a week?

No Free Lunch

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 14:42 »
+1
Over 70 downloads since midnight, over half on-demand at $.92. I usually average 3-8 sales a day. Anyone want to guess on the over/under for fraud?
I don't even know how to handle this one. Someone just got almost my entire port at DP and odds are for free.
I hope not. Am I having a great day or am I likely to get a nasty claw back in about a week?

If you're at payout level -cash out as soon as you can and put the money in your bank... :)

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 14:59 »
+1

If you're at payout level -cash out as soon as you can and put the money in your bank... :)
No point - if it's fraud they'll probably claw it back later. Report it to support.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 15:00 »
With those low royalties, does that mean they only got small sizes of your work as JPEGs? Not saying fraud is ever good, but better small JPEG than the vectors. DT does issue refunds for fraud, so you'll know soon enough if that's what this was. I didn't see anything unusual at DT, but perhaps other illustrators might be the ones to check with

Fingers crossed it's legit :)

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 15:10 »
+1
I woke up to it. If it had happened during the day I would have tried to stop it or at least made DP aware. It was small jpgs which is weird so maybe its legit. Hard to imagine why someone would want my images as a small jpg in that kind of variety. On the fence about cashing out. I'd rather pretend its not there than have a negative balance until September.

cuppacoffee

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 16:03 »
DP or DT? Jo Ann, I think that he means DP.