MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: New VMT IDs  (Read 2104 times)

Uncle Pete

« on: January 29, 2015, 20:44 »
"Vocabulary Management Team is not a CV term nor a reference to any team. These are some terms we are working with and you can expect to see more of them in the future."

All threads on this subject are locked. The above quote is from 2012.

When I add a proper name, I get this after the name. (New VMT IDs)

Yes I wrote to Ducksandwich and did read all the threads on IS that I found on the subject, but there are questions?

What is VMT ID?

When I search a name of a person or celebrity, I get no results found. This is one of the (New VMT IDs) people. If I search the same name "Persons Name" then they are found.

How does a buyer know this little detail and when they search for a person, that a proper name must be in quotes, wouldn't they be a little put off to find No Matching Results?

Or do I need to add a persons name and then two more keywords, one for the first name and one for the last name? Seems like it would start to mess with the search and isn't CV supposed to be resolving problems, not creating more bad results?

Anyone know?

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 04:39 »
When I search a name of a person or celebrity, I get no results found. This is one of the (New VMT IDs) people. If I search the same name "Persons Name" then they are found.
How does a buyer know this little detail and when they search for a person, that a proper name must be in quotes, wouldn't they be a little put off to find No Matching Results?
It's not just names. It's any phrase which isn't in the CV, but which someone has already added 'for their own use',  before the keyword bug came in. This has been the case at least since I started on iS in 2006. That 'feature' isn't directly related to New VMT IDs.
These 'for your own use' words will not be translated into the other iStock languages, which in the case of a person won't matter, and a place seldom matters, but for other keywords or keyword phrases might well matter.

However, if you try to add a keyword or keyword phrase which hasn't  previously been added 'for your own use', they remain unsearchable. This has been  going on for about a year now, and was confirmed as a bug by CR. The keyword stays blue in your list of keywords with a grey ! in a triangle. Add a nonsense word to one of your files to check it out.

And note that if the word is subsequently added to the CV, you will have to go into your file, delete the keyword, and add it again. It won't automatically show because they added it. And how you're meant to know it's been added is a mystery. They used to post a list of new words/phrases which had been added to the CV in the keyword forum, but not for years now.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:19 »
OK Sue and yes, I did get some keywords added, which was very nice and well done. But I have to go back and change each file individually now, which is time consuming on the web.

I might try batches with DM, remove the word, then update. Followed by add the word - disambiguated and see if it adds all the checks and yellow versions. Still 800 files to add a word, so it's searched and it's a major keyword for 75% my photos.

Does anyone know what VMT actually stands for?

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors