pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: smiletemplates.com Illegal Website  (Read 6479 times)

« on: February 05, 2015, 19:16 »
+3
Hello,

This is my first post, so sorry to begin with this information but i found a website :smiletemplates.com

They sell powerpoint template with our image (from microstock) but they are not partner with microstock and they haven't buy any license for use them.
I already alert some microstock about this case.

What do you think ? somebody know this website ?

NEW EDIT :

I write their phone number on my friend "google search" and i found their other website : http://www.5images.com
A Fake microstock Agency !!!
I found a lot of our image available for FREE and with copyright of somebody else  >:(  >:(
For example : http://www.5images.com/gallery/Hideki

Always hosted by amazonaws.com
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:47 by microtalk »

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 08:38 »
The site looks quite professional; how can you be sure they didn't purchase proper licenses for the images?

I found one of my pics, but it has been sold several hundred times over the last 8 years, so I cannot exactly say they must have stolen it...

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:36 »
+3
Hello eyewave,

Because i sent them an e-mail to know if they are partner with microstock or if they bought commercial licence for use my images on your website.
And they don't want to answer me but they quicly remove my image from their website  ;D
SO i think they got them in warez site and sell them after in powerpoint template, so totaly illegal.
I already call to Fotolia to open a case with this problem :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:44 by microtalk »

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 11:23 »
Found mine too. Anyone knows if any agency permits this kind of re-sale?
I dont think the site owner bought the license either, there are too many to buy to make profit.
Thanks for posting. The question is what can we do now?

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 11:31 »
Hi asmai,

You can send DMCA notice to them or their host website (amazonaws.com)
And the better way is perhaps to report it to fotolia for collect a maximum of evidence against this website (make some screenshots of your images in their website)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:35 by microtalk »

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 11:39 »
+1
Thanks microtalk. May i know why do you suggest fotolia and not other agencies?

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 11:44 »
Thanks microtalk. May i know why do you suggest fotolia and not other agencies?

I suggest fotolia because i'm french and their have a french support (more easier for me to keep contact) but you can report it to the agencies you want :)
I  opened a ticket on shutterstock too ;)

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 11:52 »
Merci microtalk, the reason i asked was because i have removed most of my images (including the ones on that website now) from fotolia a long time ago so i dont have much to talk to them.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 11:58 »
Merci microtalk, the reason i asked was because i have removed most of my images (including the ones on that website now) from fotolia a long time ago so i dont have much to talk to them.

Ah ok i understand :)
You can try with shutterstock,
More microstock agencies will know their illegal activities, more is better for us
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:29 by microtalk »

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 12:25 »
Ok, guys I found your topic on License problem via Google. register for this case especially and I have to say that I faced this problem too. And the only one working way is:
1 DMCA notification to hosting provider ( Sample DMCA Notifications) newbielink:http://www.mcanerin.com/EN/articles/copyright-03.asp [nonactive]
2 Report alleged copyright infringement: Web Search newbielink:https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dmca-notice?hl=en&pid=0 [nonactive]

Other methods do not work ...
If they have a license, they will send it to Google or hosting provider.
If not , they will be punished ...
Good luck ! :)