MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: VideoBlocks footage marketplace - keep 100% of what you earn  (Read 53394 times)

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 07:53 »
+2
Zach, I know you want to keep it simple but I feel your pricing for HD footage is too cheap. It of course matters what percentage we receive but  $49 to the customer for all footage is too low. I would need to see some option for higher pricing. At this point I would pass on your company.

Zeus has a point. Even though the commissions are 100%, $49 for HD is a little low. Not cheap per se, but it could be higher. ClipCanvas sells for $69 or so, SS sells for $79 for a HD clip. Why not make the $49 a $59 or something?

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 17:10 »
+1
Zach, I know you want to keep it simple but I feel your pricing for HD footage is too cheap. It of course matters what percentage we receive but  $49 to the customer for all footage is too low. I would need to see some option for higher pricing. At this point I would pass on your company.

Zeus has a point. Even though the commissions are 100%, $49 for HD is a little low. Not cheap per se, but it could be higher. ClipCanvas sells for $69 or so, SS sells for $79 for a HD clip. Why not make the $49 a $59 or something?
I'll bump this to Zach. Why not? Why not higher prices?

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 19:24 »
+9

I agree. Customers in micro stock are already paying bottom of the barrel prices at $79 and I don't hear them complaining. All $49 is going to do, assuming VB gets some traction, is to force SS to lower their prices to remain competitive.  So at $49 at SS, we would see a basic commission reduction from $23 to $14. And we'd have VB to thank for that. Personally I don't care that their study showed that people want cheaper HD videos. They are already paying $79.

Hey, I want a $500 GH4 and I bet most of the photographers worldwide do to.  Does that mean Panasonic should lower their prices because buyers want that? No. They keep it where it is because people pay their marketed price.  Now, if nobody bought them, they would have to lower their price, but that's not the case. And it's not the case with micro stock video either.

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 15:00 »

I agree. Customers in micro stock are already paying bottom of the barrel prices at $79 and I don't hear them complaining. All $49 is going to do, assuming VB gets some traction, is to force SS to lower their prices to remain competitive.  So at $49 at SS, we would see a basic commission reduction from $23 to $14. And we'd have VB to thank for that. Personally I don't care that their study showed that people want cheaper HD videos. They are already paying $79.

Hey, I want a $500 GH4 and I bet most of the photographers worldwide do to.  Does that mean Panasonic should lower their prices because buyers want that? No. They keep it where it is because people pay their marketed price.  Now, if nobody bought them, they would have to lower their price, but that's not the case. And it's not the case with micro stock video either.

I did a study around my household just now and the dog wants more walks, my daughter wants more data for her phone and I want a nap; none of which are going to happen.

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 01:02 »
Hi Zach.
Thank you so much for your answer. :)

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 21:40 »
Hi, Zach

I recently had some videos rejected for being interlaced (I usually render p). I have no problem with not wanting interlaced footage, but I think if interlaced video is not acceptable then it should be listed in the Technical Requirements part of the Submission Requirements page.

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 06:39 »
Did anyone receive his April earnings?

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2015, 07:05 »
+1
Did anyone receive his April earnings?

Yes. A few days ago.

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2015, 07:23 »
Thx.

I understand - my sales started on April, 14 - so they goes only to the June, 15 payout.

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2015, 07:56 »
+1
Thx.

I understand - my sales started on April, 14 - so they goes only to the June, 15 payout.

A sale from April 14th should be paid on May 15th.

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2015, 15:12 »
So.. a month later - the same question - did anyone receive his payout? :)

Me - still not.

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2015, 15:17 »

Me - still not.

I did but Paypal has reversed the payment as suspicious and required me to go to their resolution center to put in my explanation of the payment.

You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorized by
the PayPal account holder.  Here are the details of the transaction we are
investigating:

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Buyer's name: Footage Firm, Inc.
Buyer's email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: 5B

Transaction date: Jun 15, 2015
Transaction amount: $xxx.xx USD
Your transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Case number: xxxxxxxxx

We recommend that you dont ship the item until our investigation is
complete.  If youve already shipped the item, please log in to your PayPal
account and go to the Resolution Center to provide the shipping details.

In order to continue our investigation, we need some additional information
from you.

Heres how to provide us the information we need:

1.  Log in to your PayPal account.
2.  Click Resolution Center near the top of the page.
3.  Click "Resolve" in the Action column to view the information we need.
4.  You can either fax or upload your documents to us.

You can fax your documents to us at:

Please include a fax cover sheet that includes the email address registered
on your PayPal account and your case ID number.

Heres how to upload your documents:

1.  Log in to your PayPal account.
2.  Click Resolution Center near the top of the page.
3.  Find your case under "Resolution Center cases," then click "Resolve"
next to the request for documentation. 
4.  Click Upload Files.
5.  Click Browse to find the file you want to send, and then click
Open.
6.  Enter a title for the file.
7.  Select the type of evidence, and then click Attach This File.
8.  Attach any other files, and then click Send Files to PayPal.

Please provide this information within 7 days.

This payment will remain on hold and unavailable to you until we complete
our investigation. We will email you when we complete our investigation.

Sincerely,
PayPal

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Help Center:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help
Security Center:
https://www.paypal.com/us/security
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:57 by Mantis »

Semmick Photo

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2015, 15:35 »
I would edit your transaction ID because its unique to you. Videoblocks will not have the same txn id.

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2015, 16:30 »
Hm.. Mantis, it's really very strange.. And that I am out of authors, who had received their payments - it's also strange..

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2015, 17:43 »
I really hope this is not another case of ME.

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 00:42 »
I've write to a contributor support - hope this helps..

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2015, 06:41 »
the problem was in too late approving of my tax-form - so, now all is good and I wait for July's payment.

Have anybody noticed sales go down after June, 10?

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2015, 14:43 »

Me - still not.

Yes, I have.

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2015, 06:35 »
+1

Me - still not.

I did but Paypal has reversed the payment as suspicious and required me to go to their resolution center to put in my explanation of the payment.

I noticed I had Paypal notification about that too, but it seemed to have been resolved the same day without any necessary action on my part. How about you?

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 06:32 »
+3
Thanks Zeus & Noedelhap for the feedback on pricing. Our mission is to provide creative content that everyone can afford, but of course we want to benefit the seller too. A lot of data went into our decision on pricing, and we think $49 strikes a good balance between saving customers money and compensating you guys for you work.

One of the main reasons many new businesses go under, is that they set their prices too low. Don't make that mistake!

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 08:26 »
Thanks Zeus & Noedelhap for the feedback on pricing. Our mission is to provide creative content that everyone can afford, but of course we want to benefit the seller too. A lot of data went into our decision on pricing, and we think $49 strikes a good balance between saving customers money and compensating you guys for you work.

One of the main reasons many new businesses go under, is that they set their prices too low. Don't make that mistake!

+1000

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2015, 03:37 »
My one and only sale on videoblocks just got refunded. :(

How often does that happen?

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2015, 05:46 »
My one and only sale on videoblocks just got refunded. :(

How often does that happen?
That's not good news to say the least.Haven't had that yet at vb.
May i ask after how many days did that sale get reversed?

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2015, 06:11 »
around 10 days? i posted somewhere that I just had my first sale.

Guess I am unlucky if it is not a common problem.

Obviously, if they always pay out everything, they cannot absorb refunds.