MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Ingimage - Accepting New Contributors / A Few Changes  (Read 45972 times)

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 03:11 »
+4
This thread (and website) is just a waste of time. Sorry Henry - your start was not good here. Looks like 100% people gave you the same reply - there's no carrot.

We now offer an Extended License option - a single image cost $80 or $40 if the customer has an active subscription with us. Your royalties will be the regular 20% ($16 / $8)
This is just a shame (for photographers). With your offer 20% (of low pricing) just don't bother.

The honest answer is that the royalty % is calculated on what allows us to grow our business and support our team.
Your calculations won't allow us (authors) to grow.

You say you are small agency and pricing can't be large? How then is it possible that (for one of few examples) Stocksy sells for nice pricing?
And...
We already have micros with low pricing and they (at least SS) have mass clients. Why would any of us devote time on you more than doing new work for already good sellers? Why you think we should upload our work to you?

Good pricing and royalty?
Support local or fair treating?
Good marketing (bringing rich clients)?
etc.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:16 by Ariene »

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 04:36 »
+2
Maybe Ingimage should take notice of what's happening with Getty/istock?  They took away any incentive for non-exclusives to supply istock and now it's in decline, while Shutterstock is doing well.  Why don't some other sites learn that lesson?  Pond5 is doing great paying 50%, I know they are mostly a video site but I think it still proves that paying their contributors a reasonable amount had helped them become successful.

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 04:53 »
I really need to able to agree or disagree with some of the comments here! Leaf what's going on with the + and -

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 09:00 »
+1
Thanks for all your feedback, this is very much taken on board.

• To clarify, Ingimage does not require exclusive content.
  • Our royalty % is lower than single-purchase / credit based sites - but as a subscription site our 'per download' royalties are high.
  • We are a smaller library catering to a more specific market - the small size of our collection means that we can & do provide a steady & significant extra stream of income to our photographers and artists.

If you'd like to apply here's the link: Ingimage Application Page

No content means no traffic means no sales. Not trying to be negative but so many start ups come here and tout how they are different (and you have too) and none of it is realistic or far and many use cookie cutter statements like you have. NONE of it will work. 20%=non starter; small collection=no traffic (or not nearly enough traffic to excite contributors); no traffic=no sales.  I can only think of one new agency of late that seems to a actually be working but it is a closed agency: Stocksy.  I will never get in, my game isn't assigned with their needs like many other here and in this business. To those who are aligned, you deserve it.  For the rest of us we are in my opinion still waiting for a start up that has:

1. The right pieces (commissions, UI, content, money, differentiation......what's unique that a buyer would want to leave Stocksy or SS or IS and come to Ingimage?)
2. Is able to get ample buyer traffic.

The list of those who have tried is long.

Those two things are core to a start up.  You don't meet either based on your comments in their thread....at least for me. I can't speak for other artists.

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 09:49 »
I think ingimage does not need to change anything.
Have a look at photospin. Customers buys a credit for $0.06. So we earn 40% of these $0.06?
And they have thousands of images  :(

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 10:22 »
+1
Why do you not identify the artist?    You can click on "more from this artist", but no credit is given as to who it is.

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 10:40 »
For the rest of us we are in my opinion still waiting for a start up that has:

1. The right pieces (commissions, UI, content, money, differentiation......what's unique that a buyer would want to leave Stocksy or SS or IS and come to Ingimage?)
2. Is able to get ample buyer traffic.

Hi Mantis,

Ingimage is not a start-up, we have grown gradually over the last seven years - not through traffic but through sales generated by traditional marketing methods and word of mouth. We are not huge, but our traffic levels are in a similar league to Stocksy - more importantly our loyal customers represent the majority of our traffic, and that group is steadily growing. Many of our present contributors already make very significant royalties through us.

I appreciate we have not reinvented the wheel. But as a smaller collection we do offer a different experience for buyers. Customers do choose us over larger collections as they prefer browsing our edited library.

We offer high royalties compared to other subscriptions  (we are accepting applications until April 30th - Ingimage Application Page [nofollow])

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 10:48 »
+1
Please let us know how many applications you received on April 30 and the numbers you accepted/refused!

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 10:52 »
Hi Henry,

Got a few of questions for you...

I'm a SignElements contributor, and over there the royalty rate is 30%. Why can't that rate be matched at Ingimage?

Why is my work at Ingimage? I thought that only exclusive SignElements content was ported over to other sites.

When my work is sold at Ingimage, what rate am I getting? I'd assume 30% but please let me know if it's different for these partner site sales.

Thanks

H2O

This user is banned.
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2015, 11:06 »
It does not matter that Ingimage pays such a low rate, how long are they going to be in business with these rates, the people who upload to them are going to be making some serious losses, and their business model will collapse.

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2015, 11:17 »
+1
Guessing this e-mail from HOW + Print Partners is part of their promotion:

Exclusive Invitation | Low Volume Stock Images
Open this email in your browser
Dear How magazine reader,

We're pleased to announce that we're reopening our hugely popular budget option for low volume stock image users.

For just one day you can purchase a full year ingimage subscription for only $199, instead of the standard price of $999. The only difference is you're limited to 50 downloads each month instead of the usual weekly limit.

Be sure to take advantage while you can.
\

I'd like to emphasise that this Low Volume option still gives you access to every single image on the website, including super high resolution.

Our Low Volume option is the perfect option for designers looking for quality rather than quantity, and at an affordable price.

To take advantage you can follow this link to setup online, or if you prefer contact me by email now.

Best regards,

Flora Chen
North American Sales Manager
ingimage.com

\

This email was sent to: * by F+W 10151 Carver Road, Suite 200, Blue Ash, OH, 45242 USA
One-Click Unsubscribe | Manage Subscriptions | Update Profile | Forward to a Friend

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 11:41 »
+3
As I mentioned in my previous post Ingimage and SignElements are part of Ingram Image Ltd!

http://www.signelements.com/p/about.html
http://www.ingimage.com/p/about-us-en.html

I still have small part of my portfolio on SignElements. They still don't report the sales! No info of which image is sold and how much I get!
My experience and the info from many contributors I know: they pay almost the same amount every month, no matter how much images you upload! I mean extreme differences (+100-200%) in portfolio size (thousands) and just a few pounds (+5-10%) difference in royalties paid! Very suspicious! I don't trust them!
I actually requested termination of my account after payment long time ago with no success! I should try again!

Ingimage = SignElements = No deal
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:43 by Fairplay »

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 12:39 »
+4
"...For just one day you can purchase a full year ingimage subscription for only $199, instead of the standard price of $999. The only difference is you're limited to 50 downloads each month instead of the usual weekly limit...."

$199 / 600 downloads = 33 cents each x 20% = 6 cents for the contributor with their current payout.

The more we hear, the less interesting this agency becomes

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 12:50 »
+2
20%. Are you serious. You are not going to get quality images with this percentage...not nowadays.....unless you have a huge selling volume Only my opinion.....

marthamarks

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 13:38 »
+3
20%. Are you serious. You are not going to get quality images with this percentage...not nowadays.....unless you have a huge selling volume Only my opinion.....

Why do you say "only my opinion" when your previous statement is obviously true?

You undercut your argument when you add wimpy stuff like that. But that's only my opinion.  ;D

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 15:03 »
As I mentioned in my previous post Ingimage and SignElements are part of Ingram Image Ltd!

http://www.signelements.com/p/about.html
http://www.ingimage.com/p/about-us-en.html

I still have small part of my portfolio on SignElements. They still don't report the sales! No info of which image is sold and how much I get!
My experience and the info from many contributors I know: they pay almost the same amount every month, no matter how much images you upload! I mean extreme differences (+100-200%) in portfolio size (thousands) and just a few pounds (+5-10%) difference in royalties paid! Very suspicious! I don't trust them!
I actually requested termination of my account after payment long time ago with no success! I should try again!

Ingimage = SignElements = No deal

SignElements lack of detailed reporting is why I closed my account with them.

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 06:07 »
+4

Ingimage is not a start-up, we have grown gradually over the last seven years - not through traffic but through sales generated by traditional marketing methods and word of mouth. We are not huge, but our traffic levels are in a similar league to Stocksy - more importantly our loyal customers represent the majority of our traffic, and that group is steadily growing. Many of our present contributors already make very significant royalties through us.

I appreciate we have not reinvented the wheel. But as a smaller collection we do offer a different experience for buyers. Customers do choose us over larger collections as they prefer browsing our edited library.

We offer high royalties compared to other subscriptions  (we are accepting applications until April 30th - Ingimage Application Page)

Ingimage is still uninteresting until they'll offer higher comissions. They does not have the download amount of Shutterstock or Fotolia etc but they pay less! Why should we then offer our work? No, first must an agency offer something that makes them interesting for providers. And there I see nothing at the moment!

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2015, 11:13 »

@Henry: How can I contact you directly? Have some questions about SignElements and partner relationships.

Thanks