MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: NO ONE is making money from YouTube, even Google report  (Read 14201 times)

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« on: February 27, 2015, 00:00 »
+2
NO ONE is making money from YouTube, even Google report
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/26/no_one_making_money_from_youtube_google_report_claims/

and that's what i'm saying since the day Youtube has been sold ... this kind of biz is not sustainable, not for the owners and not for the content providers !

and this despite google using any possible legal tricks to avoid paying taxes in the EU.

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 00:05 »
+2
"YouTube's revenue increased by $1bn (644m) in 2014. But after paying for content and the equipment to deliver speedy videos, YouTubes bottom line is roughly break-even, the source told the paper.

YouTube's "content generators" have also complained that the service also leaves them out of pocket."

... unsurprisingly so ! don't forget the creators of youtube admitted in court that "out dirty little secret is that 80% of the content is pirated".

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 00:08 »
+2
from the Wall Street Journal :

YouTube: 1 Billion Viewers, No Profit
http://www.wsj.com/articles/viewers-dont-add-up-to-profit-for-youtube-1424897967

may it serve as an example for the many fools who keep trying launching user-generated content and  free-images site powered by advertising expecting to get rich quick on our shoulders ...

Youtube is in dire straits, PODs are losing money, sites like 500px are struggling to stay afloat, where's the beef ? where's the money ?

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 00:15 »
+3
They'll find a way to have an IPO and sell 100 triillion in stocks to gullible investors.

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 10:58 »
They'll find a way to have an IPO and sell 100 triillion in stocks to gullible investors.

i don't remember google selling some of their products, usually they're canceled and revamped some time later as they did with Google+ (formerly Google Wave).

they could make a new Youtube for subscribers or whatever, in any case they'll make sure to pay content providers the lowest possible fees.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 13:14 »
I personally hope Google goes belly up, they are a Mega Monopoly, worse than Walmart killing off small online businesses with their death grip, play by their rules or get banned, the little guy can hardly compete with their rules and advertising trap. They are becoming like Buy in Large on Wally! They have their hands in everything from automotive to the new space race.

Fear the day they buyout and run the leading micro stock site I am sure that day is coming!

Semmick Photo

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 13:23 »
I personally hope Google goes belly up, they are a Mega Monopoly, worse than Walmart killing off small online businesses with their death grip, play by their rules or get banned, the little guy can hardly compete with their rules and advertising trap. They are becoming like Buy in Large on Wally! They have their hands in everything from automotive to the new space race.

Fear the day they buyout and run the leading micro stock site I am sure that day is coming!
eBay and PayPal will split up this year. I will bet on Google purchasing PayPal as their Google Wallet has failed to succeed and if they want to get into that market space, PayPal will be a sitting duck to be acquired by the internet mogul.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 15:08 »
+2
My 13 year old just got a $62 payment from youtube ads on his video game walkthroughs.   Someone is making the big bucks!

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 15:56 »
+2
Okay, they didn't grow, but it seems like decided to put money back into the business to make improvements...whats wrong with that? Does every business have to grow all the time? I find it admirable that they decided to do this over taking a profit...seems shortsighted to fault them on a short term move that probably pays off long term.

And there are plenty of content providers making some money on YouTube.

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 18:55 »
Do any of these big businesses make a taxable profit  :)

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 02:30 »
eBay and PayPal will split up this year. I will bet on Google purchasing PayPal as their Google Wallet has failed to succeed and if they want to get into that market space, PayPal will be a sitting duck to be acquired by the internet mogul.

and by the way, Google Wallet is a fiasco as well as his failed predecessor Google Pay.

it seems that apart for Search and AdSense everything they touch turns to sh-it or to unprofitable products.

ohh but AdSense too isn't "made in Google", actually a total ripoff of Yahoo's Overture for which they lost a fat lawsuit with Yahoo and now they're using it under a perpetual licence which costed billions of $.

and PageRank started as ripoffs of HyperSearch and RankDex ....