pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: 200 is not enough !  (Read 3384 times)

Semmick Photo

« on: March 02, 2015, 05:43 »
+3
Its been said before, but 200 characters for an editorial description is often not enough. If you want to caption properly, many editorial shots need more than 200. I find myself never going over 300 though.

It becomes a hack job to reduce longer captions to 200 characters.

I'd say, allow for proper editorial captions and increase character limit, or dont demand specific editorial captions at all. Like 123RF, I like their policy regarding editorial.

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 05:51 »
+2
You're right, but how about really accepting editorial files first? I mean not rejecting for idiotic reasons.

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:25 »
Considering that from those 200 characters you need to subtract the country, city and date, there's very little left for a proper description, especially if the location (country/city) is long and the subject needs a good description, like a demonstration or other type of event.

Semmick Photo

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 06:37 »
For major cities you dont need the country, like DUBLIN is sufficient, but I agree, it doesnt leave much for captioning the image.

Semmick Photo

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 11:25 »
+3
And whats this:

The word 22 in the 'Description' field may be misspelled. Suggested alternate spellings are W, Y, w, y, A, B, C, D, E, F. If the spelling is correct, make no changes and click the Submit button again.
The word 2014 in the 'Description' field may be misspelled. Suggested alternate spellings are W, Y, w, y, A, B, C, D, E, F. If the spelling is correct, make no changes and click the Submit button again.

Cant they code it so that numbers are not recognised as words?

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 12:08 »
^
Yes, I find it a little heavy too. They ask to put a date in a determinate format and then their system consider it as an error Just absurd.
And they could add tons of english words (even known by a non english native speaker like me) to their vocabulary (dictionary)

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 12:11 »
They changed the rules a while back about the time they started accepting illustrative editorials. You can do simpler captions.

Semmick Photo

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 14:12 »
They changed the rules a while back about the time they started accepting illustrative editorials. You can do simpler captions.

They have been rejected my editorials for today for caption. This is not good enough:

TOULOUSE, FRANCE - JULY 21, 2014: Rseau ferr de France (RFF), owns and maintains the French national railway network. The lozenge indicates that the signal is equipped with an in-cab repeater.

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 14:33 »
Do people actually buy photos like these?

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 14:54 »

They have been rejected my editorials for today for caption. This is not good enough:

TOULOUSE, FRANCE - JULY 21, 2014: Rseau ferr de France (RFF), owns and maintains the French national railway network. The lozenge indicates that the signal is equipped with an in-cab repeater.

Your caption is inaccurate I think.

It exists two signs of limit speed, one square and one lozenge.
The lozenge indicates that the signal is equipped with an in-cab repeater, but not the square, and on your image you have the square limit speed signal, not the lozenge one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_railway_signalling
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 15:03 by Beppe Grillo »

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors