pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Very high level conspiracy theories here, read at your own risk.  (Read 12006 times)

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 11:37 »
Why waste time and resources on bullying people and not just boot them off then? If they would auto reject everything someone submit they wont even be making money of them. So you keep them at a cost just to bully them?

If they got rid of everybody that spoke negatively online about an agency they would be getting rid of a lot of people. That then would circulate on social media and cause outrage, more negative opinions, and more people getting dumped. It eventually would blow up and be bad for everybody. If instead they just quietly and ambiguously give people a time-out it gets the same result without the bad PR. The person just stops submitting, complains a little, then quietly goes away and becomes some other agency's problem.

i don't think it can go on forever like it is now, if we look at POD sites the trend is very clear for instance so why it shouldn't end up the same way for stock agencies sooner or later ?

besides, we're witnessing a visible drop in sales of DSLRs in favor of smartphones, what will be the direct impact on stock ? less newbies with cheap canon rebels ? less stockers ?

Rinderart

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 12:45 »
Were there, or coming very close. It was inevitable .

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 13:14 »
I upload to the top 11 sites and of late SS will reject about 80 percent of my images. The other 10 sites will accept nearly 100 percent of the same images. If my images suck that is fine but when the other good sites accept them something is stinky in Denmark. The good part is that I see sites like Istock Dreamtime and fotolia selling better for me this year than in past. I have to believe SutterStock has put some type of robot inspectors in their system. But you know what always happens when you enlist robots ..they rebel and take over your company........

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 13:54 »
Very good image resampled from 24 to 8 mpx gets rejected for focus.
A week later the same image now  resampled from 24 to 7 mpx is aproved.
Different reviewers have different criteria, but that's just my 2 (euro)cents.

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 15:01 »
+1
Yesterday was exceptionaly good. Today was the extreme opposite with just  a pathetic, soul destroying 0.33 cents. This is def becoming the pattern I am noticing.

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2015, 00:30 »
Very good image resampled from 24 to 8 mpx gets rejected for focus.
A week later the same image now  resampled from 24 to 7 mpx is aproved.
Different reviewers have different criteria, but that's just my 2 (euro)cents.

if the focus checking is automated using an algorithm downsizing to 8mp won't help much, i guess it will check for areas with higher pixel density vs blurred areas with visible bokeh (background vs foreground) ... maybe at 7mp it reaches the minimum requirements for acceptance ? are you sure those images are actually properly focused ? are you sure they aren't getting soft during resize ?

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 03:07 »
All my batch of images are rejected as well as 2 editorial ones needing "proper editorial caption" of which I had already done correctly.

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 04:35 »
+1
I usually do not have strange rejections... It happensa that I see strange acceptance :)