MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Whats going on with iStock?  (Read 3012 times)

« on: March 11, 2015, 12:04 »
I'm stock at iStock.  One view on the set of photos I uploaded 2 months ago?  Is this for real?  While the same photos are selling day by day on Fotolia and Dreamstime, iStock is stock at one view, and no sales.  Does anybody else experience such discrimination on iStock? 

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:17 »
+4
Maybe not discrimination, just no buyers there anymore?

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27 »
+1
Maybe not discrimination, just no buyers there anymore?
I guess I'm being more sarcastic than serious in my verbage, but yes, something is happening. Is iStock losing buyers?

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 12:36 »
+5
Nothing new to me.

I have images that have sold hundreds of licenses on the agencies I've submitted them, but on IS don't have a single view. The consequence? I've stopped uploading to them for about a year now.

Unless they are being sold in the partners, but since I do not have a clue as we don't have any data about it I assume IS is dead.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 12:48 »
+2
In my case: two years ago I've noticed less and less clients, huge droping of views month by month, batch by batch. A year ago closed my account. Very poor views were one of reasons. I wouldn't expect iS to be back in good condition from years ago ever.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 13:07 »
If I'm not the only one noticing this unexplained phenomenon of "low-to-no-activity" on iStock, then how come on this very forum iStock is showing second with 32.3 rating?

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 13:15 »
+1
I find that while my sales are down overall, old files are still selling better than those uploaded after the 'whatever' that happened in Sept 2012. Interestingly,  that isn't an effect of any best match I've seen in months.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 13:21 »
Nothing new to me.

I have images that have sold hundreds of licenses on the agencies I've submitted them, but on IS don't have a single view. The consequence? I've stopped uploading to them for about a year now.

Unless they are being sold in the partners, but since I do not have a clue as we don't have any data about it I assume IS is dead.

Same here.  But most sales come from pp now, and those probably don't show up as views.

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 15:06 »
+4
Nothing new to me.

Same here.  But most sales come from pp now, and those probably don't show up as views.

In my case the partners and subscription account for more than half of my IS income, and some months much more than half. And lately  that is the reason that made me think to start submitting again.

But the problem is that I do not like to submit to an agency that is becoming nothing more than a front, only to have the images in fact sold somewhere else where I do not have any type of information about the performance of each image. This information is extremely important for a content producer.

That, plus the horrible keywording system that is absolutely inadequate (to be polite) for travel images, for example, is making me avoid to submit new content.