MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Paypal steal your cash USD to Can not the same  (Read 13822 times)

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 06:09 »
Elena,

most Canadian banks charge monthly fee for maintaining a US account. Did you find a bank which gives you a free US account?
The real problem is that most agencies force you to use Paypal now (IS, FT, FAA, ...)

Les

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 09:29 »
+2
In the UK PayPal is quick and convenient. All banks are businesses who are there to make a profit. You have to pay in some way for any service you receive.
No bank gives you the headline rate.
Last time I actually paid a $ cheque into my UK account many years ago, I was charged a flat fee, plus a percentage and I still didn't get a great exchange rate.

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 17:07 »
Elena,

most Canadian banks charge monthly fee for maintaining a US account. Did you find a bank which gives you a free US account?
The real problem is that most agencies force you to use Paypal now (IS, FT, FAA, ...)

Les

For  my US account they don't charge a fee until you make a transfer, which is $1.50 I think...  I don't remember if I had to twist their arms for that, sometimes if you ask they can offer you a better deal. In general they are all the same, you know how it is with Canadian banks - they totally do price fixing and nobody so far is able to stop them from doing that.

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 15:39 »
Paypal of course always said that was not possible. But it's possible if you follow the steps and link it as a US bank account even if it's a Canadian US banking account.

I dont undeerstand why the rate of the canadien vs usd is not the same. I transfert cash 3 week ago and the rate was 1.26 but for paypal the rate is Exchange rate:   
1 U.S. Dollar = 1.2297 Canadian Dollars

I think i will stop using paypal. Just take a look of your rate and let me know is paypal is fair with you
Hi!

The solution I found is to open a USD Canadian banking account with RBC (Royal Bank). There are some steps to follow to correctly link the account to paypal afterward:
1- Log into PayPal and click on My Account, then Withdraw followed by Transfer funds to your bank account. In the Withdraw Funds by Electronic Transfer page click on 2- Add Bank Account.
3- In the Add a Bank Account page, select United States as Country and type in Royal Bank of Canada as the Bank Name.
4- Enter the 9-digit routing number exactly as suggested by the graphic. Royal Banks routing number is 026004093.
5-Since the trick is to get the account number correct, ignore the example suggested by the graphic. Instead, enter the five-digit transit number of your account followed by your actual account number. You can also get the exact sequence of numbers (transit number followed by account number) from your monthly statement or online.
6-Re-enter the account number and click Continue. Wait for PayPal to make two small deposits into your bank account and then confirm that you have added the bank account successfully in PayPal by entering how much was deposited.
7- Once confirmed, your US-dollar account will show up in the To field in the Withdraw Funds page and you should be able to transfer funds in US dollars into your USD chequing account.

Using this I get the withdrawal process Faster, with no Fees, and I do the conversion (or not) in my RBC account.

I have a USD account at a Canadian bank and I wanted to be able to move USD in both directions without converting the funds. I asked PayPal about linking my Canadian USD bank account to my PayPal USD account and they said it can't be done. That was several months ago. Have things changed? Can you send USD in both directions?

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 23:07 »
+2
I dont think that Pay Pal is a "great service" but there are no alternatives.

Does have anyone a solution for transfer to EUR in germany without Pay Pal?

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 23:50 »
+1
Sounds like the fees for CAD is lower than most other currencies - for AUD its about 3%. The way around this is to open a US account and link that to your paypal. Many banks will allow foreigners (non-resident aliens in US-speak) to open accounts - just you need to have a US mailing address (I used a friend's) and open the account in person. Pick a bank that doesn't charge a monthly fee for keeping the account and doesn't have exchange rate fees for withdrawing cash overseas. I ended up with Wells Fargo where its a flat $5 withdrawal fee from overseas ATMs, not a percentage of the withdrawal. There are probably also options that don't have a fee at all, but be careful with the fine print - Bank of America charges 3% + an ATM fee for example.

fritz

• I love Tom and Jerry music

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 20:05 »

Yes,me! Using Payoneer and their new euro payment service through Wirecard bank based in Germany works like a charm.This new service allows you to receive payments in EUR as if you have a European bank account! 
Bank Name:
Wirecard
BIC:
WIREDEMM
Bank Country:
Germany

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 07:36 »
If you're a Canadian and want to save on the paypal exchange fees, you can also open a US savings account with Harris Bank (BMO) without leaving the country. You'll need a photocopy of your passport and $100 to start with. Also, there's a monthly fee of $5 if the balance is under $1000. You can save money since it also will link up to paypal easily so if you ever make ebay purchases or need to pay with paypal you can pay straight from your US account and avoid paying more in CND. If you're able to, funnel all your earnings into your US bank account and hold if for awhile, wait till the Canadian dollar falls more and then write yourself a cheque to deposit in your Canadian account to make a little more. https://www.bmoharris.com/main/personal/checking-accounts/everyday

Another option is TDCanada Trust, I believe they have a US account but you'll have to speak to the right person at your branch to get it. Royal Bank also has the same setup. All banks & paypal have an exchange rate and there's no way around it, that's how the "house" makes a little from your money.

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2015, 16:06 »

bitcoin seems to think they are the alternatives for those who are against banks and fees and foreign exchange  :D
but seriously, FER is different everywhere ; ever tried exchanging money at the airport???
they are the worst.
re canada. come to think of it, they once had it even worse when the CD was actually stronger USD.
you can open a US account with most banks in other countries depending on who you are.
but it only pays if you travel that much to use USD

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 15:57 »

Yes,me! Using Payoneer and their new euro payment service through Wirecard bank based in Germany works like a charm.This new service allows you to receive payments in EUR as if you have a European bank account! 
Bank Name:
Wirecard
BIC:
WIREDEMM
Bank Country:
Germany

Payoneer has the same bad rates and fees like Paypal.