pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Food For Thought - A Sliced Tomato  (Read 10296 times)

Uncle Pete

« on: March 27, 2015, 13:39 »
+4

Three times the number of choices. See anything else here? (Popular search by the way)

Semmick Photo

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 14:23 »
+3
Most popular one in 2012 is now number 7 but this is after 3 years. It held up pretty well. It seems that a better version of the slice is now most popular

Semmick Photo

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 14:34 »
+1
Image number 4 with the 9 slices in 2012 climbed one spot to number 3 in 2015

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 15:03 »
+6
Yeah, I've just noticed that I've never shot a sliced tomato over white. That was remiss of me.
There's still time, though.

ultimagina

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 15:05 »
+2
This proves that good "old stuff" still sells, while good "new stuff" is given a chance to climb the ranks and compete.
 :P

ruxpriencdiam

This user is banned.
  • Location. Third stone from the sun
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 16:28 »
So before I eat this years crop I guess I now know what to do!

I have some cherry from last years that I skinned and froze so there is another as well!

OH MY!

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 17:07 »
good idea, will shoot variations of sliced tomato asap. and with the honeymoon period for new stuff, could end up to be a big seller all time ;)

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 17:54 »
While your at it, shoot some strawberries too.  And maybe a green pepper.  Some of the most over covered subjects on the planet, along with tomatoes.

No Free Lunch

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 22:24 »
Uncle Pete's point is well noted. I did a photo session of a front view of a home and was told to forget it! There are like 2.4 million images of the home shots on Fotolia. Well, my home is now in the top 10 and has made thousands of sales and dollars on FT along with the other companies.  And the funny part is that while taking out the garbage I noticed the lighting was perfect at 6am on a lovely summer day so I grabbed my cheap rebel canon and put it on a tripod - took just a few images- less than 5 minutes work!  8)

Uncle Pete

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 22:33 »
A few things:

1) Raw vegetable was one of the trending items.

but

2) Look at the most popular again. Some of the top 15 are the same shots, three years later. I thought all the top photos got push off the front pages?

No I don't think I have any sliced vegetables isolated on white. I did do a pumpkin once. (not that way, stop it) Isolated on white...  ;)

3) 150,000? When is enough = enough?

Uncle Pete's point is well noted. I did a photo session of a front view of a home and was told to forget it! There are like 2.4 million images of the home shots on Fotolia. Well, my home is now in the top 10 and has made thousands of sales and dollars on FT along with the other companies.  And the funny part is that while taking out the garbage I noticed the lighting was perfect at 6am on a lovely summer day so I grabbed my cheap rebel canon and put it on a tripod - took just a few images- less than 5 minutes work!  8)

ruxpriencdiam

This user is banned.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 08:35 »
There are never enough.

A few things:

but

2) Look at the most popular again. Some of the top 15 are the same shots, three years later. I thought all the top photos got push off the front pages?

No I don't think I have any sliced vegetables isolated on white. I did do a pumpkin once. (not that way, stop it) Isolated on white...  ;)

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 09:01 »
+2
sliced tomato + cats + sexy young woman + white sand beach holiday + business meeting = killer

how come nobody has done this?

*reaching for the phone*

Batman

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 11:24 »
sliced tomato + cats + sexy young woman + white sand beach holiday + business meeting = killer

how come nobody has done this?

*reaching for the phone*

Add those to the 10,001 trending photos for 2015. Everything old and new is a trend.

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 12:07 »
A few things:

but

just wondering... what is the most oversupplied isolated item??? animal veg mineral ...
prophylactic included  ;D

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 13:50 »
+1
I checked the port age for the top three rows of sliced tomatoes. The "average" age of the port is 2010-2014.

There were several images who's ports were older such as Africa Studios which contained 143 to 6308 pages of images.

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 19:49 »
+1
lets sort those all those and find the best one;)
wow

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 05:16 »
+1
Oh I wish I had some screen grabs of old search results, it would be interesting to analyze those compared to new ones.

Does anyone have more of examples like this?

ruxpriencdiam

This user is banned.
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 07:15 »
Looks like it is food?

Isolated Flowers Stock Photos, Illustrations, and Vector Art
(876,241)

Isolated Christmas Stock Photos, Illustrations, and Vector Art
(557,071)

Christmas Isolations Stock Photos, Illustrations, and Vector Art
(557,071)

Isolated Food Stock Photos, Illustrations, and Vector Art
(2,365,425)

A few things:

but

just wondering... what is the most oversupplied isolated item??? animal veg mineral ...

Uncle Pete

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 08:31 »
I was sorting drives and "Screen Captures" deleting old junk files and came across that. Probably was a joke here in 2012. So no I don't have more. Maybe someone wants to do some today and then in three years, look back?

As gbalex pointed out some are older established collections. I also need to mention the search has changed. That mysterious "Popular" wasn't as evident back then. Just being old, or having the most DLs, doesn't get an image to the top anymore. Seems the older and more DL files, get distributed throughout the page.

Anyone can look at their own "Popular" and start to see that your best sellers are in there, hypothetically, every 5th image. Some new images are there, just because they are new, and you'll find recent sold mixed in, even if it's only one DL yesterday, or a few this month.

The same holds for a customer search. We don't know anything for sure, but the "diversity results" (my name for popular) is what SS suggests is a best match, according to their proprietary search. They document that in the FAQ.

As for the humor. 157,000 sliced tomatoes!  ;D Hope the buyers can find, just the shot they need?

Oh I wish I had some screen grabs of old search results, it would be interesting to analyze those compared to new ones.

Does anyone have more of examples like this?

Semmick Photo

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 11:49 »
Looks like it is food?

Isolated Flowers Stock Photos, Illustrations, and Vector Art
(876,241)

Isolated Christmas Stock Photos, Illustrations, and Vector Art
(557,071)

Christmas Isolations Stock Photos, Illustrations, and Vector Art
(557,071)

Isolated Food Stock Photos, Illustrations, and Vector Art
(2,365,425)

A few things:

but

food is not really a single item