MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: fine art prints from enhanced license?  (Read 4268 times)

« on: March 28, 2015, 19:57 »
can you make fine art prints from an enhanced license on dreamstime or shutterstock?

here is the shutterstock license regarding this:
"
Shutterstock hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, perpetual, right to use, modify, and reproduce Images in the following ways, subject to the limitations set forth herein and in Part II hereof:
a.
On web sites;
b.
In printed media, digital media, product packaging and software including magazines, newspapers, books (including print-on-demand books), e-books, advertising collateral, letterhead, business cards, product labels, CD and DVD cover art, applications (including mobile "apps"), and opt-in e-mail marketing, provided that the Image(s) cannot be readily unincorporated from such digital media;
c.
Incorporated into film, video, multimedia presentations, or advertising for broadcast, public performance, streaming;
d.
Incorporated into printed or digital material intended for public display, including trade show booths, point of sale materials, and so-called Out of Home advertising;
e.
As printed reproductions solely for your own personal use, not for resale, download or distribution, including as wall art and wallpaper;
f.
Incorporated into merchandise for resale or distribution, without regard to the size of the manufacturing or duplication run of such merchandise (including downloads), including, without limitation, computers, computer peripherals, clothing, artwork, magnets, posters, and online and paper greeting cards, provided that such merchandise: a) combines the Image with words and/or other graphics or images; or b) the Image is not the primary factor driving the sale of such merchandise.
"

it sounds like you would need to add words or change the image a little to sell it as an art print?

Dreamstime I have no idea about?
anyone know?

cuppacoffee

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 20:05 »
DT

Print Usage (P-EL):
Physical Items for Resale/Distribution: includes the right to use the photos or stills comprising media for t-shirts, postcards, greeting cards, mugs, mousepads, posters, calendars, framed artwork that is to be sold to other customers for a maximum amount of 10,000 copies (applies as a total of each type of usage). If this amount is exceeded you need to acquire this license once again. The new license will provide you with the standard amount of copies. This is an additional license to the rights included within the regular Royalty-Free license. Note that the other restrictions still apply.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 20:24 »
thanks for the dreamstime info
so that is a yes for fine art prints from dreamstime.
how about shutterstock enhanced license?

thanks

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 21:36 »
e.
As printed reproductions solely for your own personal use, not for resale, download or distribution, including as wall art and wallpaper;
f.
Incorporated into merchandise for resale or distribution, without regard to the size of the manufacturing or duplication run of such merchandise (including downloads), including, without limitation, computers, computer peripherals, clothing, artwork, magnets, posters, and online and paper greeting cards, provided that such merchandise: a) combines the Image with words and/or other graphics or images; or b) the Image is not the primary factor driving the sale of such merchandise.

Looks like they have it both ways?
 ::)

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 21:40 »
^^ How both ways?
Buyers can make a print for themselves, e.g. to put on their own wall, but can't sell prints from files.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:02 »

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 11:20 »
^^ How both ways?
Buyers can make a print for themselves, e.g. to put on their own wall, but can't sell prints from files.

Section F looks like it says you can make prints (including artwork and posters) incorporated into merchandise for sale. I guess you could read that it can't just be the full image but I don't see how you couldn't add a fancy quotation overlay and say you conform.

On Jo Ann's link it pretty clearly says you can't make POD but that doesn't exclude printing up a batch of posters and selling them (at a farmer's market or something).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:22 by Copidosoma »

ruxpriencdiam

This user is banned.
  • Location. Third stone from the sun
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 12:13 »
^^ How both ways?

Section F looks like it says you can make prints (including artwork and posters) incorporated into merchandise for sale. I guess you could read that it can't just be the full image but I don't see how you couldn't add a fancy quotation overlay and say you conform.

On Jo Ann's link it pretty clearly says you can't make POD but that doesn't exclude printing up a batch of posters and selling them (at a farmer's market or something).
Nope.

provided that such merchandise: a) combines the Image with words and/or other graphics or images; or b) the Image is not the primary factor driving the sale of such merchandise.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 19:26 »
^^ How both ways?

Nope.

provided that such merchandise: a) combines the Image with words and/or other graphics or images; or b) the Image is not the primary factor driving the sale of such merchandise.

Yup. Like I said (if you had actually read what I said), if you put a quote on it (combine the image with words) you have the right to use it on items for resale.

ruxpriencdiam

This user is banned.
  • Location. Third stone from the sun
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 19:55 »
It must cover over 30% of the image therefore making it useless as a print or fine art.

^^ How both ways?

Nope.

Yup. Like I said (if you had actually read what I said), if you put a quote on it (combine the image with words) you have the right to use it on items for resale.