pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Same file sold in 3 different agencies in 5 minutes, what's the deal?  (Read 6375 times)

« on: April 06, 2015, 11:55 »
I don't get it...what are the chances that 3 different buyers will look for a "Turkish delight" file, choose mine...the same pose and buy it in 5 minutes at 3 different agencies?

Any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

objowl

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 12:18 »
+3
I don't get it...what are the chances that 3 different buyers will look for a "Turkish delight" file, choose mine...the same pose and buy it in 5 minutes at 3 different agencies?

Any idea?

It's a sign that you should do the lottery this week. :)

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 12:18 »
I've had this happen, too! Sugar plantation ruins on Dreamstime and Fotolia within minutes of each other. And blue heron in water on Fotolia and iStock. Had a really obscure image selected within minutes of each other on big stock and fotolia. I can't think of a time where the same file sold on three different sites but I definitely have it happen often with two sites (and not always the same two).

Semmick Photo

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 12:19 »
Coincidence?

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 12:22 »
I've had the same thing happen a bunch of times to me and never figured out why. Sometimes, as well, a series will sell across a bunch different sites at the same time. Maybe has something to do with Google search, but I am otherwise stumped.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 12:58 »
+12
Maybe someone thrifty wanted to print higher number of copies which is allowed in Standard Licence and figured out that it is cheaper to buy an image 3 times (each time in different agency) that buying an Extended Licence. As long as it is prohibited to do something like this in one agency, it is not clear whether the same rule applies in the case described above.

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 13:04 »
+1
This could be it!

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 15:18 »
it happens to me all the time.
When you hit a trend.

No Free Lunch

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 22:26 »
+3
At this point I would be happy just to sell any three images in 5 minutes- heck in one hour  :-\

KB

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 23:44 »
+1
At this point I would be happy just to sell any three images in 5 minutes- heck in one hour  :-\
Just be happy you aren't an iStock exclusive. You might be happy to sell any three images in one day nowadays.  >:(

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 12:30 »

Any idea?

good for you!! Seems, you must be doing *something* right :)

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 12:45 »
Or possibly to use on different computers without an EL.

Maybe someone thrifty wanted to print higher number of copies which is allowed in Standard Licence and figured out that it is cheaper to buy an image 3 times (each time in different agency) that buying an Extended Licence. As long as it is prohibited to do something like this in one agency, it is not clear whether the same rule applies in the case described above.

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 11:33 »
+2
Had the same happening to me today. Same file sold first in DT, then on SS. Both subs.
The image is online for about 5 years, second sale on DT, seventh on SS.
I'd say it is highly unlikely that this is just coincidence.

Maybe at a bigger customer with multiple subscriptions several people are looking for something specific in parallel - and they find the same picture in different agencies.
Just guessing...

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 11:36 »
when you have thousand of images. It's bound to happen sometimes. This guy explains it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHCHEykUxP4

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 13:51 »
Several times this happened last week

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 01:00 »
My typhoon Haiyan photos. Problem when there's a common current event or issue or trend.

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors