pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Demo the new Symbiostock  (Read 10518 times)

marthamarks

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 22:33 »
+6

"Symbiostock Express is an optional theme you can buy that has been built specifically for Symbiostock."

Hmmm.

Reminds me of "Clean Theme," which was "built specifically for Symbiostock" back in 2013, and which a lot of us bought at the beginning of SYS, and which not long after was abandoned by its developer. (Who was not Leo.)

After that, Leo graciously kept "Clean Theme" updated on my site, at no charge, even though he wasn't the one I had purchased it from to begin with. This time around, I can't see Leo leaping in to save "Symbiostock Express" if the new guy (gal?) ever decides to abandon it.

This "new" SYS has an eerie, deja-vu-all-over-again feeling to it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 22:55 by marthamarks »

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 02:07 »
+3
@Robin

Is Symbiostock now your registered trademark?

50%

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 03:32 »
It does look nice even on mobile and passes the google mobile test ( clean theme passes the test too but doesn't look so nice on a mobile IMHO)
Symbiostock now belongs you Robin? And Leo is completely out of the game regarding Symbiostock?

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 04:34 »
+3
I can't sell direct online until there is a way to deal with the new EU VAT rules, so I'm not even wasting time looking at it until that is sorted out.  All I really want is one site that we own, having tried symbiostock, I still think the concept is flawed because we are all paying out every year for individual sites when that money could be used to market one site.  There's always going to be something extra to pay for and it gets expensive.  Surely we would sell more if buyers only had to register once and they would be more likely to come back to a site that has a big collection and variety of images?

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:35 »
I can't sell direct online until there is a way to deal with the new EU VAT rules, so I'm not even wasting time looking at it until that is sorted out.  All I really want is one site that we own, having tried symbiostock, I still think the concept is flawed because we are all paying out every year for individual sites when that money could be used to market one site.  There's always going to be something extra to pay for and it gets expensive.  Surely we would sell more if buyers only had to register once and they would be more likely to come back to a site that has a big collection and variety of images?

I thought woocommerce does handle the EU VAT rules and is part of the new Symbiostock site. Is it not, now?

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58 »
+7
Back when communication wasn't a problem between Leo and Robin, Robin posted to us:

You'll get to know more about me as we communicate more. on: March 23, 2015, 01:43

That was 30+ days ago and we still know diddly about the Verified anonymous 'Blue Bird' Robin. One could assume Robin is just another con man who conned Leo out of SymbioStock.com and the contributors are next in line to be screwed.

The Who - Who are you?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 15:48 by Kenny »

Semmick Photo

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 12:45 »
+2
I am not trusting him. And he doesn't care either since he chooses to ignore us. Which is fine. Best thing for a company is bad word of mouth.  I also feel crap for the way we all got pummelled by Leos leaving. I  really regret putting money in. I don't care if it's open source or how many hours are put in. That's not my problem. It's not my job to run someone else's business.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 13:07 »
+4
@Robin

Is Symbiostock now your registered trademark?

symbiostock is not listed in the US registered trademark list -- robin CLAIMS to have such a trademark, but no evidence he has even applied for one.  a simple search shows thousands of common law & prior use examples of the invented word symbiostock and Leo actively encouraged others to use the word, on websites, in discussion and even as domain names such as symbiostock.info and symbiostock-search.com
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 14:17 by cascoly »

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 13:35 »

I thought woocommerce does handle the EU VAT rules and is part of the new Symbiostock site. Is it not, now?
I would still have to block some buyers or deal with the extra VAT admin.  Neither option appeals to me at the moment.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 07:41 »
+1
Back when communication wasn't a problem between Leo and Robin, Robin posted to us:

You'll get to know more about me as we communicate more. on: March 23, 2015, 01:43

That was 30+ days ago and we still know diddly about the Verified anonymous 'Blue Bird' Robin. One could assume Robin is just another con man who conned Leo out of SymbioStock.com and the contributors are next in line to be screwed.

The Who - Who are you?

as for the communicate-more bit up there, Robin's links are still coming through as "nofollow" on microstockgroup.com which means that Robin still hasn't reached even a meager "10" in here! So, yeah, do a bit "more communication", we'd all love to hear it!

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 09:16 »
+2
I thought somewhere Robin stated that announcements would be made here but all communication should be done on the Sy forum?  (Or am I confused with the other plugin?)

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 10:02 »
+3
I thought somewhere Robin stated that announcements would be made here but all communication should be done on the Sy forum?  (Or am I confused with the other plugin?)

he doesn't tell anything about himself on the Sy forum either...

So -- still no way of "getting to know" anything about that anonymous genius we would have to deal with (even if we ultimately wanted to).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:05 by marquixHD »

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 12:44 »
he doesn't tell anything about himself on the Sy forum either.

Actually that's not accurate marquixHD. Robin does enjoy photography, art, and is SymbioStock's lead developer.

Screengrab of http://www.symbiostock.org/members/robin/profile/

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 13:01 »
Am I the only one here who
knows his identity with a little help from google?