MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: New High (LOW) Today..  (Read 9921 times)

« on: April 27, 2015, 22:47 »
+7
47 downloads today and not even one ODD or SOD (except the 38 cent ones).  How do you stay motivated to produce new content?  So depressing. :(

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 23:07 »
+4
ODD and SOD have been rare in April  :'(

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 01:25 »
+2
I had 2 SODs for 17.40 each yesterday :D  Love it when that happens.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 02:12 »
+3
Half my ODD disappeared, too.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30 »
+9
   What is hapening at SS is weird. Not to say more...

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 02:45 »
+8
Sales at SS will be down by about 30% on what I might usually expect. ODDs and SODs are way down, EL's are non existent.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 03:47 »
+5
   Ha ha, didn't sold anything today :). Port of 3250 images. It's becoming hilarious :)))

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 03:59 »
+2
@tavi, you've got a portfolio of 3250 images, and you didn't sell a single thing?  Not even a sub?

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 04:10 »
+1
   Today nada :)

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 04:31 »
   Ha ha, didn't sold anything today :). Port of 3250 images. It's becoming hilarious :)))

What thehell do you ppl upload??

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 07:10 »
+11
I haven't gotten a $28 EL in almost three months. My OD's have gone down to 1-3 a day average, but somedays I get 8-10, weird. Like most of you, I now log in hoping to see a nice SOD or two. These are, frankly, what makes or breaks my month.  Once SOD's go away, game over.

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 07:37 »
+4
@topol: images that SS accepts and don't sell :))

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 11:48 »
+6
14 more subs today and still no SODs.  If this continues, then I am done.  I simply can't justify the effort for 38 cents.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 12:17 »
14 more subs today and still no SODs.  If this continues, then I am done.  I simply can't justify the effort for 38 cents.

Anyway, You have high number of sales, congratulations.
Can You tell us, how big is Your portfolio?
Do You have videos, too?
BTW, my photo sales are miserable this month, as well.
Thx God, I have videos, they bring me cca 23$ each.
Better would be on P5...  :)

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 12:48 »
I didn't had a week with such few OD since january, only 1 sale.

But I had 2 EL. Go figure.

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 13:11 »
+6
I have less ODs too!
My explanation for this is DPC! We expected this to happen but a lot of contributors didn't opt-out from DPC! Now they come here and announce increased sales on FT! The result is more subscription sales at FT, but less ODs on SS, less credit sales on the other sites = less money in their and OUR pockets!  >:(

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 13:19 »
+5

Do You have videos, too?

En,
Thanks, but high sales don't always equal high $$.  Anyway, I thought that 30-40 downloads a day is kinda on the low end of the spectrum? I hate subs.
My port at SS is 1192, as of today.
No videos.
At the risk of revealing my identity, I'm a retired nurse and I do healthcare photos.  Nothing but HC related stuff, and nary a people shot to be found.  I'm too old to deal with model drama.

I think we're starting to see the end of anyone being able to make a reasonable return on just photos, so you probably have a good idea with going in the video direction.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 13:45 »
+3
maybe we wait till end of month to see if adobe fotolia merger took the wind out of ss sales.

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 13:59 »
+1
I'm too old to deal with model drama.

BAHHAHAHAHAH!  Me too.  That's why I love shooting food.  It always is on time and it doesn't ask "Are the photos done yet?" or "I can't figure out how to open the link..."  Plus, you always have interesting menu items to devour after the show is over.

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 14:27 »
+2
i wonder, is there anyone that ever wrote to Oringer about all this ? i've the feeling all these rich guys have totally lost touch with reality.

he said he was a coder selling his own commercial software and web sites, would he ever move a finger for 0.38$ ?

once again the greediest agencies are run by people with no background in photography ... Getty, SS, just to name the biggest ones.

SS itself was born as a side project in order to sell "cheap images" for his web sites, no wonder now they're the Walmart of stock and see nothing wrong in treating us like sh-it, as if this wasn't already the norm anywhere else ....

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 14:32 »
+4

BAHHAHAHAHAH!  Me too.  That's why I love shooting food.  It always is on time and it doesn't ask "Are the photos done yet?" or "I can't figure out how to open the link..."  Plus, you always have interesting menu items to devour after the show is over.

And if model drama is anything like Bridezilla/Momzilla drama (which I would imagine it to be close), then I will avoid it, even if my earnings go to ZERO. "You've had 2 days, where are my pics?".  "ONLY 2000 photos?  I KNOW you took more than that!"  "Thanks for setting up the shot, but we'll go with Uncle Fred's Coolpix photo". 
I could go on....actually I'm feeling a bit better about stock photography now...Thanks.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 14:38 »
+2

Do You have videos, too?

En,
Thanks, but high sales don't always equal high $$.  Anyway, I thought that 30-40 downloads a day is kinda on the low end of the spectrum? I hate subs.
My port at SS is 1192, as of today.
No videos.
At the risk of revealing my identity, I'm a retired nurse and I do healthcare photos.  Nothing but HC related stuff, and nary a people shot to be found.  I'm too old to deal with model drama.

I think we're starting to see the end of anyone being able to make a reasonable return on just photos, so you probably have a good idea with going in the video direction.

Thank You, Gel-O, for kind explanation.
HC is excellent thema.
And You must really have nice, high quality photos, because 40, 50 sold every day with so small portfolio is simply WOW.
Respect.

shudderstok

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 14:47 »
i wonder, is there anyone that ever wrote to Oringer about all this ? i've the feeling all these rich guys have totally lost touch with reality.

he said he was a coder selling his own commercial software and web sites, would he ever move a finger for 0.38$ ?

once again the greediest agencies are run by people with no background in photography ... Getty, SS, just to name the biggest ones.

SS itself was born as a side project in order to sell "cheap images" for his web sites, no wonder now they're the Walmart of stock and see nothing wrong in treating us like sh-it, as if this wasn't already the norm anywhere else ....

they can only treat you like sh!t if you submit your work to them. from day one 0.25c was a major red flag for me, and frankly i am surprised so many people fall for it.

shudderstok

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2015, 14:48 »
47 downloads today and not even one ODD or SOD (except the 38 cent ones).  How do you stay motivated to produce new content?  So depressing. :(

47 downloads for a grand total of $17.86 LMFAO

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 14:53 »
+5
It's very interesting when you calculate your earnings for just your newly uploaded images, per month... just for this first quarter of 2015.  Make a new collection and track the stats.  My sales from the recently approved 2015 images have been pathetic.  New stuff just doesn't sell like hotcakes anymore on SS, or any other agency for that matter.  It almost has to age like cheese or wine, and if it's anything decent enough, it'll eventually yield some nice sales.  If I wasn't already earning residual royalties from my past 9 years of uploading, I would already be looking for a new job or pursuing other freelance work.  By Q3 or Q4 the R.P.I. on images that you uploaded during Q1 will definitely be a lot more accurate.