pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: A hope to get away from iStock's new interface  (Read 17323 times)

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2015, 11:30 »
Now there's a 'return to classic view' right at the bottom of the page, way 'below the fold' on my monitor, but I read a post about it over there.
Hopefully it will be moved to a more prominent position soon.
Unless they put it there so that people wouldn't see it, then they could claim no-one was using it. (I wouldn't put it past them.)
Not sure why just a 'show file description' button right under the title wouldn't be better. How would a new potential buyer know it was worthwhile to show the classic view?
Best would be to have the description in full view.

Sue - Is there a way to switch from 'classic' to the 'new' view ? I switched to the 'classic' view; but now I dont see the 'new' view. I tried logging out and back in but have not tried to clear cookies etc.

In the official thread over on iS, they say you have to clear cookies.
http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=365525&messageid=7100789
Like a buyer is going to love that.
Haven't tried, I only want to see the classic view, except in curiosity/dismay as to what buyers might be seeing.
Seems we're all seeing different things as the developers throw  in all different possibilities.

For some reason, in my apparently up to date version of Chrome, I can't do anything at all there, including search from the front page. As others aren't finding this, I'm going to uninstall/reinstall, though I've a feeling I did  that months ago to work out why I could only get best match as a sort option, and nothing changed.

Thanks Sue ! the cookie clearing worked  :)

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 09:52 »
+1
I see the forums have gone poof.

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 10:13 »
+1
Indeed. I just went on to look at something. Gone.
Some great discussions on there in the past.

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 10:22 »
They are back!

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 10:28 »
+2
They've been back and forward a few times this morning.
I'm hoping that when they do finally go, they won't leave just a blank page with Forums in large size, with links to forums visible.
But with iS, who knows ... ?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:32 by ShadySue »

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 18:52 »
+1
That would be crazy as Indies supposedly have access to the old forums till they get invited to the new one ....
This weird way of testing the site is totally bizarre, I have never heard of testing like it before ...

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 07:46 »
+2
That would be crazy as Indies supposedly have access to the old forums till they get invited to the new one ....
This weird way of testing the site is totally bizarre, I have never heard of testing like it before ...
At least they are testing! Over the years there are many times of dumping (seemingly untested)  code on the public and the site crawls for months as they try to recover. Then months of recovery for accounting errors followed that.

dpimborough

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2015, 12:20 »

The way iStock run their business is totally bizarre in my opinion