pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: New flexible plans, no daily limits. Shutterstock?  (Read 14076 times)

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 08:25 »
+11
is that all MSG members?

The response or lack of, tell us everything we need to know about the future of micro.

shudderstok

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 11:24 »
is that all MSG members?

The response or lack of, tell us everything we need to know about the future of micro.

or perhaps some of us are giving up on this forum cause anything against this particular agency and what it stands for always leads to a pack mentality.

shudderstok

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 11:30 »
Too expensive ?!?!?! You think selling an image for 20-30 cent is too expensive??

with all  due respect, SS has been selling your images for these prices for years - give or take a few pennies. you act surprised  by this travesty.

Semmick Photo

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 11:47 »
+6
Too expensive ?!?!?! You think selling an image for 20-30 cent is too expensive??

with all  due respect, SS has been selling your images for these prices for years - give or take a few pennies. you act surprised  by this travesty.
You got it wrong my friend. I am not surprised at all by the selling price of an image, I was surprised by his comment. Two entirely different things.

Carry on.

farbled

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 12:27 »

or perhaps some of us are giving up on this forum cause anything against this particular agency and what it stands for always leads to a pack mentality.
100% correct. But I suspect not in the way that you mean it. :)

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2015, 13:51 »
+3
Range of sales changed on SS, i have extreme sales in tuesday,wednesday, thursday and lower other days. i dont like it.

Do you have the same?

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 07:49 »
+4
so, once again the trend is heading to "get more for less" ?
exactly as we were expecting from SS and now by domino effect the other agencies will fellow.

where will they draw the line ? these new subs are already so cheap the next step can only be a coupon for free monthly unlimited downloads.

one day they will ask ME to pay them for storing my images on their site ... just like on POD sites.

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2015, 10:08 »
+5
one day they will ask ME to pay them for storing my images on their site ... just like on POD sites.

I really hope no one at SS reads your post. Because they could easily do that, and the vast majority of their contributors would pay.  No question.

Actually, I hope that happens. It would finally get me to close my account and not think about these schmucks again for the rest of my life
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:10 by stockastic »

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2015, 13:03 »

I really hope no one at SS reads your post. Because they could easily do that, and the vast majority of their contributors would pay.  No question.

hahaha they could claim they're giving us free exposure and free storage and that we should be grateful and thank them ...

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 12:21 »
Response was that the inclusion of digital templates in the image was an error.

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2015, 12:42 »
+3
Lets see if I get this right, you originally asked the question on Tue May 05, 2015 and it took 10 days for Shutterstock to state that the ad shutterstock sent out to millions of customers contained a serious error. 

? How many of shutterstocks customers will now believe that they can use our assets in templates under a standard license, based solely on the legitimate ad which shutterstock emailed to them? How does shutterstock plan to rectify the costly issue they created?

Sounds like they are doing a great job of representing our assets and educating customers in regard to their use.

Sean Locke Photography wrote:   
The promotional image from the email says "standard license - ... no limitation on ... digital templates".

Digital templates are not included in the standard license. Why does the image indicate they are?   

Thu May 14, 2015 12:06 pm

Sean,
I'm not as familiar with the customer licenses or emails as with all things contributor, so let me first educate myself and I'll get back to you with an answer.

Vincent       

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi Sean,

I can confirm that there was an error in the email message and that digital templates are not included in the Standard License but are only allowed under the Enhanced License.

The complete published online customer license is published here: http://www.shutterstock.com/license and will always be the document of record.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Vincent
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:44 by gbalex »

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2015, 13:32 »
+7
They need to send out a correction via email. Otherwise anyone can license an image for templates under the standard license and point to the original email if challenged legally.

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 16:22 »
+4
They need to send out a correction via email. Otherwise anyone can license an image for templates under the standard license and point to the original email if challenged legally.

The department that created this add has had 11 days to correct their error.  I am a buyer and have not received an email to correct or clarify the faulty information they sent to buyers.

As always, actions convey intent and reality

dpimborough

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2015, 02:16 »
 ::)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:37 by Teddy the Cat »