MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Everything was moving along well, then all of the sudden, boom - no sales  (Read 14326 times)

« on: May 14, 2015, 15:58 »
+2
I was getting consistent sales of videos and getting a payout for the first couple of months of 2015, then they announced the automatic keyword thing and my sales have completely vanished.

What happened?

Is anybody else seeing a big drop in sales a Pond5 in the last month or so? 

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 16:12 »
+3
NOT only a big drop!
TOTAL drop.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 16:21 »
+4
I was thinking of starting a thread about this. I was getting 5-6 video dls a month and now i am lucky to get one. Something was tweaked i suspect.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 17:49 »
+1
It's the second really bad months amazingly bad I used to have about 25/30 sales now not more than 12 bad bad bad

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 18:49 »
+2
OK, so its not just me. I didn't want to say it, but my sales went from several a month to none, nada, zip, zero, nothing at all.

Now I know there will always be "that guy" that will come in here and say, "I have been having my BME and my sales are through the roof," but frankly nobody wants to hear from "that guy."

So, yeah Pond5 seems to have screwed the pooch on this keyword thing, or suddenly all the buyers have been abducted by aliens.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 00:15 »
+2
The same here, in April and May my sales are cut to half or even less

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 01:31 »
+2
How did the automatic keywording affected this? Did P5 changed the keywords of approved files making them vanish from relevant searches?

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 17:11 »
P5 is a great idea but sadly got bad execution and P5 management sux too.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 13:48 by KnowYourOnions »

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 18:35 »
+8
all the buyers have been abducted by aliens.

I hate it when that happens

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 21:29 »
+3

So, yeah Pond5 seems to have screwed the pooch on this keyword thing, or suddenly all the buyers have been abducted by aliens.

Pond5 seems to have screwed a lot of things lately but i doubt whether keywords is one of these things.
Unfortunately there are other more serious problems such as the huge issue of the price search in the associated files (4K+HD) .

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 03:09 »
+1

Pond5 seems to have screwed a lot of things lately but i doubt whether keywords is one of these things.
Unfortunately there are other more serious problems such as the huge issue of the price search in the associated files (4K+HD) .

Oh well...it's been said a month ago on their own forums - http://www.pond5.com/community?forum=629&thread=43147176&lp=1

Meanwhile P5 is busy promoting free files! -  :o  (super tasteless marketing on display) https://www.facebook.com/pond5/posts/10153315909054777

P5 is no different than the others, top tier included! You give them wings to grow, then they do whatever they want to do but to help you grow too.

Us shouting here doesn't help much.  :-\

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 13:47 by KnowYourOnions »

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 05:24 »
+4

Oh well...it's been said a month ago on their own forums - http://www.pond5.com/community?forum=629&thread=43147176&lp=1

Meanwhile P5 is busy promoting free files! -  :o  (super tasteless marketing on display) https://www.facebook.com/pond5/posts/10153315909054777

P5 is no different than the others, top tier included! You give them wings to grow, then they do whatever they want to do but to help you grow too.

Us shouting here doesn't help much.  :-\

Yes im very happy that pond5 forums provide you with excellent footing to promote your agenda (whichever that may be) but i would give you a friendly advice,if you want to
provide evidence and be honest and helpful about how a company mishandles or misbehaves in general,for starters leave your aesthetic taste out of the equation.
It's pointless,irrelevant,childish and sneaky not to say borderline fascist.

Also i would also like you to explain how exactly the very limited in quantity, theme,and context ,old scanned black and white footage has reduced the sales since you know so much about video production.

Your own experiences as a seller with them (if you have any) would be much more relevant and honest,and you wouldn't have to snoop around all the time and quote from a safe distance what other people who choose to come open and literally post in the lions den say.
Maybe they are relevant maybe they are not.
But you certainly aren't,and you are not here to discuss.

Im sad and disgusted at what you are doing in almost every thread about video and im not talking only about pond5.There are so many people in this forum who post their own experiences,and are open about themselves and their work,who literally are the closest to a whistleblower in this industry risking their reputation amongst others,and you literally crap on them by taking relevant and irrelevant things in and out of context,taking advantage of their sadness oranger,and organizing and orchestrating all these in a way so that you can prove what?That you are right about your view of things and life in general?Grow up please.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 06:20 »
The point is (as many expressed) P5 sales are going down and let's focus on that rather than how crap I happen to be.
And of course, thanks for your friendly advise, gcrook.
 8)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 06:26 by KnowYourOnions »

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 06:48 »
The point is (as many expressed) P5 sales are going down and let's focus on that rather than how crap I happen to be.
And of course, thanks for your friendly advise, gcrook.
 8)

Nevermind forget it.
You're welcome though.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 02:17 »
+6
My sales have plummeted!  :'( Zero this month, first time that ever happened. Well there is a few days left so..

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 02:57 »
+2
My sales have plummeted!  :'( Zero this month, first time that ever happened. Well there is a few days left so..

I'm in the same situation. 0 sales for June.

For (at least) the past two years I've had sales of photos in every month, and in the last 7 months several videos sales per month since I uploaded a few to P5. But this month I haven't sold a thing.

It seems that SS has become more regular.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:00 by StockPhotosArt »

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 05:07 »
Thats how it goes.
This month (after june 15th) at p5 everything points out to a WME,but last month i had a huge BME.
Some people already report possible bme's for june,while others have gone through these 2 weeks without a sale.

SS is somewhat steady week after week but very slow as opposed to the previous 2-3 months.
Summer (until the end of August) had been awful for me last year i expect this year to be almost the same.
Waiting dissolve's June report this will be interesting.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:13 by gcrook »

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 11:53 »
+1
Thats how it goes.
This month (after june 15th) at p5 everything points out to a WME,but last month i had a huge BME.
Some people already report possible bme's for june,while others have gone through these 2 weeks without a sale.

SS is somewhat steady week after week but very slow as opposed to the previous 2-3 months.
Summer (until the end of August) had been awful for me last year i expect this year to be almost the same.

I sort of agree but don't see a lot written by those at P5 having a good or even average month. Usually you see an averaging of these comments but not this time. SS has remained strong. P5 was strong and then I experienced a precipitous drop in sales. Drop may not even properly describe what I'm seeing. More like vanish or disappearing all together.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 12:04 »
+1
I Thought It Was Just Me :(

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 12:50 »
+1
Thats how it goes.

I sort of agree but don't see a lot written by those at P5 having a good or even average month. Usually you see an averaging of these comments but not this time. SS has remained strong. P5 was strong and then I experienced a precipitous drop in sales. Drop may not even properly describe what I'm seeing. More like vanish or disappearing all together.

Who said about averaging?Apparently as days go by the scales turn towards those who have extremely bad weeks,including me, and it seems the majority  there experience a dreadfull month.
March and April was like that as well but not to this extend,again from what people have reported.
Summer period as far as i remember is said to be awful for most people.
But perhaps you are right,they way i wrote my post could have insinuated that there are those who do good while others not too good but nowhere did i imply that there is an average.
There is a major drought all around that is pretty much clear.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 17:49 »
It's an average month for me at P5. A little slower then the spring months, but that's expected.

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 21:49 »
+1
Thats how it goes.

Who said about averaging?Apparently as days go by the scales turn towards those who have extremely bad weeks,including me, and it seems the majority  there experience a dreadfull month.
March and April was like that as well but not to this extend,again from what people have reported.
Summer period as far as i remember is said to be awful for most people.
But perhaps you are right,they way i wrote my post could have insinuated that there are those who do good while others not too good but nowhere did i imply that there is an average.
There is a major drought all around that is pretty much clear.
We certainly agree then, that the Pond appears to be drying up.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 03:03 »
We certainly agree then, that the Pond appears to be drying up.

And still no sales department?  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o 

https://jobs.lever.co/pond5

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 05:00 »
+2
P5 used to be one of my best selling sites for video, but the last few months were really bad.  :'(

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 16:21 »
+1
No sales neither, and I've added new video and vector, but nothing for august and a little on july :(