MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Portfolio on Dollar Photo Club even after opting out  (Read 37306 times)

CaptureLightUK

• www.capturelight.co.uk

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2015, 16:23 »
+6
I have only just joined FT and, having read these forums, opted out from day one. Yet I have just found my meagre but complete portfolio on DPC.

It's late now but I shall be emailing them in the morning.

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2015, 16:26 »
+9
The more I think about it, the more criminal this looks.

If any of our images on DPC have been sold without our consent, but we're opted out of DPC, they would not only need to remove our images, but also pay us an extra amount of royalties that was promised for those who remained opted in.

I'm willing to contribute financially to a class action lawsuit.

Yes a class action could be a good investment if fotolia has to pay a compensation. We need a fond for class actions.
Investment maybe 100$ per person.
Is the action successfully the compensation will be distributed to the investors.

Even though i am no longer with Fotolia I would pitch in $100 just to say I was part of bringing them down.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2015, 16:30 »

If any of our images on DPC have been sold without our consent, but we're opted out of DPC, they would not only need to remove our images, but also pay us an extra amount of royalties that was promised for those who remained opted in.

Yes a class action could be a good investment if fotolia has to pay a compensation. We need a fond for class actions.
Is the action successfully the compensation will be distributed to the investors.

Even though i am no longer with Fotolia I would pitch in $100 just to say I was part of bringing them down.
Bear in mnd, they'll no doubt have Adobe's lawyers supporting them, could be very expensive. (Not that that's a reason to curl up and let them walk over people.)

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2015, 16:32 »
+3
These things are so frustrating. Why do they think that we will not notice??

Do they really believe they will get the deactivated 7 million files back with a "trick"?

Or that because now a year has passed, we no longer care about our content?

I am so tired of these things. Looks like SS is the only agency that pays attention to their reputation in the stock community.

I dont want to give up working with Fotolia. But I have ZERO interest in DPC. Absolutely none.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 16:35 by cobalt »

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2015, 16:33 »
+5
I have just a few images still left over there, and sure enough they're all on DPC..,even though I opted out. Now I am unable to get to the preferences section of the site. Looks like they're attempting damage control. Take screenshots of everything!

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2015, 16:48 »
+4
Why FT cheat and pull our pants down, again? (BIG F-word), I am totally frustrated for these incidents. I sent contact support and screenshots that DPC IS OFF!

marthamarks

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2015, 16:49 »
+2

Same here.

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2015, 16:51 »
+3
I sent contact support and screenshots that DPC IS OFF!

It looks like Fotolia has just removed the Opt Out DPC box from the preferences section of My Profile.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 16:54 by rimglow »

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2015, 16:53 »
+5
I managed to get in and get a screenshot of mine clearly showing the OFF option.

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2015, 16:53 »
Why FT cheat and pull our pants down, again? (BIG F-word), I am totally frustrated for these incidents. I sent contact support and screenshots that DPC IS OFF!

It looks like Fotolia has just removed the Opt Out DPC box from the preferences section of My Profile.

Still there for me...

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2015, 16:55 »
+2

Same here.

Me too.

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2015, 16:57 »
+3
My entire portfolio has shown up there today as well.  Sent an email to Fotolio.  Also "chatted" with Adobe Support and stated I needed to obtain and email or postal address for the Office of Customer Satisfaction or Company Relations regarding a matter with Fotolio (It's impossible to find an email address for Adobe Support...you have to go through their "wizard"). The representative said he would be right back with that information.  Came back 10 minutes later with a link to their generic "Contact Us" page and told me I would have to call their marketing department.  Big surprise.

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2015, 16:59 »
+1
I sent contact support and screenshots that DPC IS OFF!

Oops! looked in the  wrong place.

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2015, 17:05 »
+9
Contributor area > My preferences

The development idea for FT.. there is Notification preferences, you should add:

- I would like to be notified when we next time cheat you

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2015, 17:11 »
+2
Oh, should we also write to adobe, because they are the owners?

Lets see what happens tomorrow. Maybe this is just a bad dream and I can wake up and it all didnt happen. :(

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2015, 19:23 »
+5
This is obscene.  I sent them an email:

"I opted out of the Dollar Photo Club, and yet, my entire portfolio is there. Why is that? This is a gross violation of my terms of agreement. I DO NOT WANT MY FILES SOLD FOR ONE DOLLAR. PLEASE REMOVE IMMEDIATELY."

Someone should notify Andresr so that he knows that his 40,000 images are up there too.  I think he was one of the big microstock factories that sent a letter to them last year during D-Day.

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2015, 19:43 »
+8
All of my photos are on DPC even though I opted out.  I am collecting screenshots and will gladly participate in a class action lawsuit.  Adobe might have deeper pockets, but a new reputation for cheating artists just might be a public relations nightmare for them.

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2015, 21:03 »
+5
My full portfolio is there too and I also opted out from the beginning when the first gave us the option.  I stopped uploading at that time as well.  Sales for my small portfolio were minimal but they dropped by half after the DPC opt out which I attributed to the DPC effect and my lack of uploading.  Now I wonder how long they have been selling at DPC and if they've just been pocketing the money instead of crediting my account. 

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2015, 21:12 »
+15
I have a pretty good idea about when they stole my files and put them back on DPC...just about the time my ODDS started dropping like a rock on SS!  I am now in the process of deleting my entire port from FT.  It appears that is the only way to protect them from these rotten b@stards!

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2015, 21:55 »
+5
My entire portofolio is in that Dollar Photo Sh*t Club too!  >:(
this is unacceptable, we must do an action  >:( >:(
hope that sh*tty website burn to hell  >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2015, 22:01 »
+12
You could consider complaining to the FBI.
It would be immensely difficult to put together a class action for various practical reasons - not impossible, and perhaps people would like to try, but immensely difficult and long-winded.  The one thing that seemed to make a difference when I had my problems with Fotolia was the threat I made (and was ready to carry through) of reporting them to the FBI's internet fraud office, which is based in New York City, I believe.
At this point, I would urge people to be extremely careful in what they say, but if several million images have been put on sale in DPC against the specific instructions of the image owners and if nobody has seen any sales reported from those images then it seems to me that prime facie there are two grounds for thinking that there may have been criminal wrongdoing and that, therefore, a complaint to the FBI may be in order.
I would guess that if the FBI did launch a successful prosecution over this it would become much easier to win a civil court damages claim ... but I'm no lawyer blah blah blah.
As I recall, any individual who wishes to can register a complaint with the FBI but if you do you cannot subsequently withdraw it. It is up to the Bureau to decide whether or not to pursue it.
Finally, I would remind everyone that Fotolia will be watching this thread and there is a risk (based on what has happened before) of anyone who can be identified from their name or portfolio links here having their Fotolia account terminated if the company decides they have made damaging comments online.

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2015, 22:25 »
+2
I have a pretty good idea about when they stole my files and put them back on DPC...just about the time my ODDS started dropping like a rock on SS!  I am now in the process of deleting my entire port from FT.  It appears that is the only way to protect them from these rotten b@stards!

If you can demonstrate a link between reduced ODDs and the appearance of your portfolio on DPC it would be an important factor in determining any damages in a lawsuit.

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2015, 23:10 »

If you can demonstrate a link between reduced ODDs and the appearance of your portfolio on DPC it would be an important factor in determining any damages in a lawsuit.

It would be kinda hard to do that since I have no idea exactly when they took it upon themselves to ignore the op-out instructions on my profile and steal my files.  This is a new low, even for them.  They may get away with it, but I will do everything I possibly can to make sure their buyers know how callously they disregard a contract.

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2015, 23:16 »
+1

It would be kinda hard to do that since I have no idea exactly when they took it upon themselves to ignore the op-out instructions on my profile and steal my files.  This is a new low, even for them.  They may get away with it, but I will do everything I possibly can to make sure their buyers know how callously they disregard a contract.
Yeah, that's one of the reasons why a class action is difficult - you have to be able to show quantifiable damages.

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2015, 00:10 »
Where is now OPT OUT button?