MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Dead & Burried  (Read 13611 times)

B8

« on: May 27, 2015, 23:51 »
+4
In the last 14 days or so I put up almost 200 new files. Not even one single view has been recorded on any of them at all. I guess the new new just keeps getting newer.

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 00:34 »
+1
This month I sold only one image! That is very strange even for my port  :-\

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 02:33 »
+3
This month I sold only one image! That is very strange even for my port  :-\
Check if they didn't modify your keywording. For me it was too often and corresponded to sales stop for images they touch. Classic example - removed key word "shrimps" from image where were only shrimps, nothing else, but they added "many" and "objects". Before i edited after them, then decided to not throw my time to this ...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:35 by skyfish »

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 02:48 »
+2
In the last 14 days or so I put up almost 200 new files. Not even one single view has been recorded on any of them at all. I guess the new new just keeps getting newer.
Mod have noted over there that 'views are being recorded differently', but have offered no explanation.
Mind you, the last time they said only views from registered buyers counted, but someone here on msg (forget who, sorry) discovered that views from your 'friends' counted too. And that wasn't necessarily all, even though clearly very few views were showing.
So the new riddle is 'when is a view not a view'?
or, more pertinently, 'when is a view a view'?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:51 by ShadySue »

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 03:42 »
+8
i have had sales of images with NO views.
expect the unexpected from IS

:o

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 08:20 »
Mod have noted over there that 'views are being recorded differently', but have offered no explanation.
Mind you, the last time they said only views from registered buyers counted, but someone here on msg (forget who, sorry) discovered that views from your 'friends' counted too. And that wasn't necessarily all, even though clearly very few views were showing.
And even more important:  When is a sale not a sale?   I have now lots of sales showing only on the old style ADP pages and search results pages but not in file download history pages and sub reports.

ShadySue

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 08:48 »
And even more important:  When is a sale not a sale?   I have now lots of sales showing only on the old style ADP pages and search results pages but not in file download history pages and sub reports.
This is a noted bug over there.
But your observation is interesting. I'd thought, based on a couple of recent files showing the ghost download which I can see (I can't imagine the time which would be involved in searching through all my files) that they were sub sales which had somehow been reported as 'proper' sales, but you say yours aren't showing up as subs. Oh well, we'll just have to leave it to them to figure it out.  ::) ??? :-\

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 14:35 »
+1
But your observation is interesting. I'd thought, based on a couple of recent files showing the ghost download which I can see (I can't imagine the time which would be involved in searching through all my files) that they were sub sales which had somehow been reported as 'proper' sales, but you say yours aren't showing up as subs. Oh well, we'll just have to leave it to them to figure it out.  ::) ??? :-\
Yes, I know it's a noted "bug" over there.  A "bug" that's been affecting many of my files.

Let's see just one example:
On search results, on of my files shows 773  downloads.  However, according to the records at my_uploads page or at its download history page, that file has only 763 downloads.
At first I thought the missing 10 downloads could have been subscriptions.  But when I go to subscritions report, this file has had more than 50 subs downloads.  Getty sales maybe? Nope! It has had only 4 of those.  Old credit subscriptions?  Nope!

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 14:43 »
Yes, I know it's a noted "bug" over there.  A "bug" that's been affecting many of my files.

Let's see just one example:
On search results, on of my files shows 773  downloads.  However, according to the records at my_uploads page or at its download history page, that file has only 763 downloads.
At first I thought the missing 10 downloads could have been subscriptions.  But when I go to subscritions report, this file has had more than 50 subs downloads.  Getty sales maybe? Nope! It has had only 4 of those.  Old credit subscriptions?  Nope!
Are you using the chrome or greasemonkey script?  The new subscription sales don't count (neither do partner program subs).  Where are you seeing downloads on the 'search results'?

ShadySue

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 15:39 »
OK,  my ghost sales aren't an exact mapping looking at recent files which have no credit dls but are recorded as having selling as subs, just a couple. So that theory was wrong. Good - maybe we've got money coming to us. Let's hope so!

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 16:29 »
Where are you seeing downloads on the 'search results'?
On any search results page you can see your downloads total at the bottom of the image (just where they have always been).

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 16:30 »
Good - maybe we've got money coming to us. Let's hope so!
Let's hope so!

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 16:34 »
On any search results page you can see your downloads total at the bottom of the image (just where they have always been).
I don't see download totals unless I change the display settings and then I only see >10 or >100.

ShadySue

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 16:35 »
I don't see download totals unless I change the display settings and then I only see >10 or >100.
Within your own portfolio?
I see exact numbers in mine.
Maybe we're on different design iterations.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 16:46 »
Try F5.  Sometimes I only see the  >10 or >100 but after F5 I can see exact number.

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 16:46 »
It's switching back and forth, probably different iterations like you said.   Maybe the numbers are different because you're seeing it cached from a different time?  I haven't looked too closely but mine seem to match up.

ShadySue

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 17:06 »

It's switching back and forth, probably different iterations like you said.   Maybe the numbers are different because you're seeing it cached from a different time?  I haven't looked too closely but mine seem to match up.

It's acknowleged as a bug and when they get it sorted, it'll be posted on the bugs thread, according to Lobo http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=367033&messageid=7103733
On the OP on the bugs thread, it's recorded as being reported from the 6th of March, which gives an idea how important solving the discrepancy is to them.
Strangely, clicking HERE on that bug report to see the original example just takes me to the home page.

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 19:10 »
+2
I have a small port, less than 200, so fairly easy to check most of my port.
A couple of weeks back I started comparing DL numbers under the thumbnails in my port, not the old ADP, and the numbers for the same files in the My Uploads page and so far I've found around 40 extra DLs.
Whilst it's not possible to know exactly when the discrepancies for all the files began, I have seen around 10 DL increases for thumbnail details since starting to check without any corresponding increase in royalties or changes in the My Uploads page.
You're not allowed to talk about it in the forums, unless your post claims it's a bug showing false DLs, otherwise your post gets deleted especially by Kelvinjay who has become very trigger happy with the delete button.
I suppose the only way to find out for sure if we're being conned is to get known associates with iStock accounts to download some of our files to see if we get paid accordingly. 

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 19:28 »
+1
I have a small port, less than 200, so fairly easy to check most of my port.
A couple of weeks back I started comparing DL numbers under the thumbnails in my port, not the old ADP, and the numbers for the same files in the My Uploads page and so far I've found around 40 extra DLs.
Whilst it's not possible to know exactly when the discrepancies for all the files began, I have seen around 10 DL increases for thumbnail details since starting to check without any corresponding increase in royalties or changes in the My Uploads page.
You're not allowed to talk about it in the forums, unless your post claims it's a bug showing false DLs, otherwise your post gets deleted especially by Kelvinjay who has become very trigger happy with the delete button.
Yep, that's the situation over there. 

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 20:03 »
Mind you 2 things :

1) only the views done with the old ADP are recorded
2) ghost sales are all subscription downloads

Take care

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 21:29 »
+2
ghost sales are all subscription downloads
No, no, no.   You're wrong.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 22:01 by Digital66 »

B8

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 03:22 »
I expect Monday views and sales will start ratcheting down even lower with the start of the June summer months. I am expecting to see an even newer new.

ShadySue

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 04:00 »
Maybe, maybe not. I've just realised that where my ghost sales don't map to subs, they could be May sub sales. A curse on subs (it can't be said too often).
Whatever,  they'll give an explanation and we'll have to accept it unless we have proof to the contrary.  And if we do, heaven help us.

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 05:19 »

look at your sub sales of april to have the confirmation ;)
trust me ..are all sub sales that will be payed the next month

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 08:13 »
look at your sub sales of april to have the confirmation ;)
trust me ..are all sub sales that will be payed the next month
Nope  ;D