MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Anybody tried buymyphotos.com?  (Read 3381 times)

« on: May 28, 2015, 21:38 »
I signed up and emailed them some questions / concerns a couple of months ago... never heard anything back from them and I don't see any new updates on the site in respect of the "missions" that they offer. Shame... it seemed at first like it had the potential to be a nice little earner, but I have no confidence in them since they didn't reply, and the site seems pretty poorly thought out in that it doesn't even extract keywords from your JPEGs (you have to enter them manually).

Is anyone else using this site?

TIA
HB

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 03:00 »
+2
It's a truly horrible, downmarket, desperate-sounding domain name.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 22:47 »
+3
After the first 1000 times, people ask questions like this, about some other irrelevant new site that wants to bleed you dry, steal your photos, and pay you chump change... why do people keep suckering and uploading? Why do people keep believing that some new site will be the answer, to the same old question while running their business the same as all the rest.

Stop being a willing victim!

Support places like Canva, Stocksy, Pond5, and new ideas. Sell through the well established sites, top four on the right for example.

How many times do you have to read or ask about some new place, that the site is half working, doesn't answer email, upload doesn't work, keywords aren't read and support doesn't answer.

Are some people that desperate? Please PM me I'll give you my PayPal account and you can just send me money direct, save the time and trouble of making photos and working. I'll even tell you the truth. Send Me Your Money.

There, wasn't that easy?

Or you can take the hard route and upload to ill-conceived, stillborn marketing sites that can't even make their website work, and then have hope that they will send you 25 cents. (or honestly report sales and earnings?)

Work the innovators and established agencies. Stop grasping at lost causes.

I signed up and emailed them some questions / concerns a couple of months ago... never heard anything back from them and I don't see any new updates on the site in respect of the "missions" that they offer. Shame... it seemed at first like it had the potential to be a nice little earner, but I have no confidence in them since they didn't reply,

Is anyone else using this site?

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 01:52 »
+8
Pete, take a effing chill pill.  >:(

The OP asked a simple question and did not request a pompous, self righteous, condescending and sarcastic dissertation about acceptable forum behavior (according to you)

Geezzzz  ::)

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:07 »
+2
Yep, chill the heck out Pete. I hope I never respond in such an over the top way to another user of this forum.

A couple of thoughts:

1) the sites you mention weren't always well-established; somebody had to give them a go in their early days when little was known about them.

2) buymyphotos isn't a bleed-you-dry / pay-you-peanuts site; the prices are set by the 3rd parties who create the "missions", and many of them are in the $50-100 range. It's at least worth checking out something that can generate the equivalent of 200-400 basic stock image sales in a single hit, hence my question.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 09:03 »
+3
The site looks like a joke.  I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 09:28 »
Maybe we should try to get representatives of new starts over here to be grilled. Sure it's probably an uncomforable experience for those who haven't really done their homework, but no more than Dragons' Den / Shark Tank. Why shouldn't people be able to make an informed decision about where they send their files. Some have famously fallen well short (e.g. jack@stocktal).
That said, I was highly impressed by macrografiks (I think it was called). Had I been indie, I'd have had no hesitation about submitting there, but it folded.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 09:31 »
Seems region specific.

"We have the eyes of Australias largest news publishers"

http://www.buymyphotos.com/faq

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 09:36 »
+1
Seems region specific.

"We have the eyes of Australias largest news publishers"

http://www.buymyphotos.com/faq

Now if only the largest news publishers wanted blurry, crooked, poorly exposed, iphone photos of cats they would be in business.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 19:21 »
+4
Yeah, sorry about that. It wasn't anything about forum behavior at all. And certainly not a personal attack. It's the whole concept of new sites, when the best of them, that have been around since the start, seem to be struggling to keep up a level of satisfaction and reasonable earnings.

I'm just saying, support the good ones, and those that have some responsibility for making an effort to produce income and sales. Not the start ups in someones basement that make all kinds of empty promises and take anything, anyone uploads, which is the road to irrelevance.

"stop being a willing victim".

It's not even a microstock site, so I shouldn't care. It's one of those cell phone, citizen news sites, with missions and the public images segment for uploading your own or creating your own mission is here.

http://www.publicsourceimages.com/browse

Do you want your work to be associated and available on this site?

Have fun, play smart. Read the contracts and promises carefully.

Yep, chill the heck out Pete. I hope I never respond in such an over the top way to another user of this forum.

A couple of thoughts:

1) the sites you mention weren't always well-established; somebody had to give them a go in their early days when little was known about them.

2) buymyphotos isn't a bleed-you-dry / pay-you-peanuts site; the prices are set by the 3rd parties who create the "missions", and many of them are in the $50-100 range. It's at least worth checking out something that can generate the equivalent of 200-400 basic stock image sales in a single hit, hence my question.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 19:54 by Uncle Pete »

Milinz

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 19:48 »
I think it's time to go when trying to tell the truth gets names called, chill pills insults or angry replys. The anonimous trolls have completed the mission and removed friendly conversation and made the whole place all about nothing but complaining and attacking. People or agencies. Micro isn't what it was and neither is MSG.

The friendly sharing of ideas has gone. So have I.

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 16:32 »
Yeah, sorry about that. It wasn't anything about forum behavior at all. And certainly not a personal attack. It's the whole concept of new sites, when the best of them, that have been around since the start, seem to be struggling to keep up a level of satisfaction and reasonable earnings.

I'm just saying, support the good ones, and those that have some responsibility for making an effort to produce income and sales. Not the start ups in someones basement that make all kinds of empty promises and take anything, anyone uploads, which is the road to irrelevance.

"stop being a willing victim".

It's not even a microstock site, so I shouldn't care. It's one of those cell phone, citizen news sites, with missions and the public images segment for uploading your own or creating your own mission is here.

http://www.publicsourceimages.com/browse

Do you want your work to be associated and available on this site?

Have fun, play smart. Read the contracts and promises carefully.

A couple of thoughts:

i'm not even sure pete has to apologize. he is not directly attack anyone like some really mean ppl here. what he said was taken out of context as i only read it as pete is saying
are you stupid or what? look for yourself by judging the existing work on the site.
even tickstock in a single line is more direct and insulting if you want to take it personally.

as other pointed out too, we have lots of new site coming out and then disappear as fast as the interogation when they come here. no need to name the latest ... you know which one.

but really, if the new sites are good, they would be listed to the right and some numbers would show.
we cannot really say it is good or great or crappola. i used to laugh at some site who went public ,
ahem.. the site was called yahoo. we all laugh at the first mention of it...

and then we all cried when only one person actually bought their shares and we all do not laugh anymore.

same thing applies for cheering winners or losers here. until you wait 10 years, or even 5 years, you cannot really say your winner is a winner.  and pete is just saying, stop being naive and think a little bit more

or you can just go ahead and get angry and submit your work to the site
and then find out you wasted your time. i prefer listening to pete and getting not so pissed-off with him directly saying so.

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors