MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Fiverr/Getty ...  (Read 39269 times)

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2015, 15:54 »
+4
The thing that worries me most is that a Fiverr seller gets a bigger commission than the contributor who created the image. What are they thinking?!

Posted By Maulsmasher:
Does that mean the Fiverr gig owner, who gets 25%, will get a larger commission than the Getty/iStock contributor?

Posted by Lobo:
It means we get a percentage and fiverr gets a percentage. How they choose to allocate that percentage to the gig creator is entirely their call.

So no matter what we might think about Fiverr, they are less skinflint than Getty.
No surprise there.

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2015, 18:04 »
Also, it appears we're to be paid something from the Slidely deal? Like a fraction of a fraction of a penny now and then?

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2015, 18:23 »
Also, it appears we're to be paid something from the Slidely deal? Like a fraction of a fraction of a penny now and then?
Oh, I missed that. It must be considered to be like the Getty Connect thing, which pays likewise, apparently.

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2015, 18:53 »
+6
The thing that worries me most is that a Fiverr seller gets a bigger commission than the contributor who created the image. What are they thinking?!

Posted By Maulsmasher:
Does that mean the Fiverr gig owner, who gets 25%, will get a larger commission than the Getty/iStock contributor?

Posted by Lobo:
It means we get a percentage and fiverr gets a percentage. How they choose to allocate that percentage to the gig creator is entirely their call.

So no matter what we might think about Fiverr, they are less skinflint than Getty.
No surprise there.

Exactly. I think it's a disgrace and a big 'screw you' to all contributors. And that deranged Lobo acts as if it's totally normal.

I'm somehow glad my iStock revenue is declining so rapidly, because eventually it's going to make the decision to delete my iStock portfolio a lot easier.

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2015, 22:33 »
+2

I'm somehow glad my iStock revenue is declining so rapidly, because eventually it's going to make the decision to delete my iStock portfolio a lot easier.

My same thoughts exactly.