pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: VideoBlocks sales nearly tripled in June from May. I'm happy.  (Read 54233 times)

« on: July 01, 2015, 07:06 »
+2
I'm hoping it will eventually catch up with SS and P5  in a few years.

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:53 »
I assume everybody is doing well there too.  Congrats!

KB

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 13:11 »
+1
Not me.  ::)  ???

But at least I did have a sale there last month.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 13:14 »
+1

It's in the early growing stage there. 

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 13:21 »

Nothing for me this month so far.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 13:22 »
+4
"helloitsme" is a part of videoblocks?
I do not believe in mass of customers.
(my opinion) sry  ???

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 13:59 »
+1
"helloitsme" is a part of videoblocks?
I do not believe in mass of customers.
(my opinion) sry  ???

No, sir.  I just have a good expectation for them and am happy the sales are growing rapidly (at least for June).

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 14:13 »
+1
Hmm...after 6 sales in May I got a big fat zero sales in June. I recall reading where they were going to give all their current subscribers a free marketplace download. I kinda figured that was where my May sales came from and if so, that would explain why June sales dried up for me.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 14:36 »
Hmm...after 6 sales in May I got a big fat zero sales in June. I recall reading where they were going to give all their current subscribers a free marketplace download. I kinda figured that was where my May sales came from and if so, that would explain why June sales dried up for me.

I'm sorry, but I don't think they ever gave free marketplace download.  All the free downloads are from their own collection of clips.  If they give our works for free, everybody will leave ASAP and will sue them too.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 15:18 »
I'm not saying they gave our work away for free without paying us. If I remember correctly, they gave every subscriber a free download but they paid us full price for the download.

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 15:45 »
+1
I'm not saying they gave our work away for free without paying us. If I remember correctly, they gave every subscriber a free download but they paid us full price for the download.

So, what's the problem then?

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 16:08 »
+2
Well I think hes saying that's why for May he had lots of sales but none for June? As the free downloads needed to be used by the end of May. So for many people they may have thought WOW Videoblocks is great - but in reality they were free downloads and since they've been taken away all the sales are gone. That's how I read it anyway.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 16:14 by Cider Apple »

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 16:23 »
Can someone tell me please how much will i get for hd sale at video blocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 16:51 »
Can someone tell me please how much will i get for hd sale at video blocks?
I just looked, and it was there for all to see: $47.16
https://contribute.videoblocks.com

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 17:05 »
+1
Well I think hes saying that's why for May he had lots of sales but none for June? As the free downloads needed to be used by the end of May. So for many people they may have thought WOW Videoblocks is great - but in reality they were free downloads and since they've been taken away all the sales are gone. That's how I read it anyway.

This is exactly what I was trying (but apparently failing) to say  ;)  I'm not saying this is a fact but it's what I'm thinking based on my own experience.

KB

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 19:37 »

THIS month? This month is 2 days old. Do you normally get a sale every few days on VB? You are definitely doing far, far better than me (which can't be too hard).  :)

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 20:56 »
+1

THIS month? This month is 2 days old. Do you normally get a sale every few days on VB? You are definitely doing far, far better than me (which can't be too hard).  :)

Haha. No last month but my brain is still on my June vacation.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 21:48 »

Got it.  Thank you for the explanation.

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 21:48 »
+1

This is exactly what I was trying (but apparently failing) to say  ;)  I'm not saying this is a fact but it's what I'm thinking based on my own experience.

Now I got it.  haha.

KB

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 23:42 »

Haha. No last month but my brain is still on my June vacation.
Oh. Darn. I liked my version better -- much more exciting that way.  ;D

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 07:08 »
Thanks shadysue

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 10:22 »
Can someone tell me how videoblocks pay 100% of the sale for the contributir? What is the catch? Also if i submit footage is it exclusive??

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 10:25 »
Sounds cool, is this worth contributing to? What is the royalty and price like?

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 12:27 »
HD 49$ 4k 190$

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 16:35 »
Can someone tell me how videoblocks pay 100% of the sale for the contributir? What is the catch? Also if i submit footage is it exclusive??

No catch.  They are just good people.