MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Careful - Fotolia user "Designsoliman" Copy our work  (Read 24734 times)

« on: July 01, 2015, 10:47 »
+11
Hello,
I found on fotolia a user called "designsoliman" who copy a lot of image (with all the details)
So be careful and check if he not copy your work : https://www.fotolia.com/p/203699048

I made a screenshot for see the difference bewteen the original and his copy:
I hope fotolia will ban him soon (apparently shutterstock already did)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:25 by microtalk »

H2O

This user is banned.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:17 »
+9
Adobe should close his account

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:19 »
i hope,
If someone can write to them, it will be cool

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:21 »
+7
Hard for me to understand why someone with those vector skills would copy others so exact instead of doing his own vision of concepts.

Semmick Photo

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 11:21 »
+4
You wonder when someone is that good at copying a work, why dont they create from their own imagination?

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 11:31 »
+2
Hard for me to understand why someone with those vector skills would copy others so exact instead of doing his own vision of concepts.
They aren't vectors

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 11:36 »
+1
You wonder when someone is that good at copying a work, why dont they create from their own imagination?

Yeah, I do.  Obviously they got skills.  At least if they can't come up with their own ideas, they should make it different enough to not violate copyright and get tossed off the site.

They aren't vectors

They are small on my tablet.  If not vectors, they are some kind of drawing, right?

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 11:48 »
+2

Yeah, I do.  Obviously they got skills.  At least if they can't come up with their own ideas, they should make it different enough to not violate copyright and get tossed off the site.

They aren't vectors

They are small on my tablet.  If not vectors, they are some kind of drawing, right?

This is 3d stuff

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 19:39 »
+8
Wow, I can forgive when it's a similar concept, but there is no arguing that they copied here

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 06:28 »
+1
Wow, I can forgive when it's a similar concept, but there is no arguing that they copied here

Yes, in this case, we can talk about counterfeit images.

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 07:34 »
+1
It took me a few seconds to realise they weren't the the exact same images. I can't image the lack of scruples it takes to spend the time setting up exact copies like that

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 08:59 »
+2
Remove this rat thief already fotolia...

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 09:32 »
On a not unrelated note, no comment just a couple of links:

By an IStock exclusive original:
http://www.istockphoto.com/vector/santa-and-rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer-10953580?

One of the best selling set of Christmas images on Fotolia for a number of years:

https://en.fotolia.com/id/27601058

To  get the full effect take a close look at the legs on the reindeer and the head if rotated to line up exactly. Hmmmmm.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 10:10 »
+1

http://www.istockphoto.com/vector/santa-and-rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer-10953580?

One of the best selling set of Christmas images on Fotolia for a number of years:

To  get the full effect take a close look at the legs on the reindeer and the head if rotated to line up exactly. Hmmmmm.

I'd guess the iStock one is older it's file number 10 million and the fotolia one is file number 27 million, just a guess but the iStock one is from 2009 too.

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 10:21 »

I'd guess the iStock one is older it's file number 10 million and the fotolia one is file number 27 million, just a guess but the iStock one is from 2009 too.

Definitely the IStock one is older, it's by a very talented and well known illustrator. I was just mulling over what it says about Fotolia that those files have been there all these years selling in their hundreds. I guess maybe don't hold your breath.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:23 by Justanotherphotographer »

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 10:24 »
+1
Fotolia file number of 27 million means it was uploaded around November 2010 to FT (so yes, the Istock version was uploaded earlier).

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 11:20 »
+5
an other screenshot and apparently he really like copy
now we can play to the seven mistakes game :)

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 12:07 »
+7
Another person with technical skills and no imagination . . . . .

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 13:22 »
+6
He has good 3d skills and his renders are nice but another copycat with no creativity and imagination.

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 14:17 »
+3
Copying a concept is something we see a lot of and is probably just part of the business.

Copying virtually every aspect of the staging and setup as well as the concept is plagiarism - even though they are different files in the most technical sense - and the copycat's account should be closed. It's just wrong, and with so many blatant examples, it's not an accident.

Does anyone know any of the creators of originals to send e-mails to? I would hope with complaints from the copyright owner there might be a response from the agencies (I assume this work is other places too?). As long as the copies sell, the agency may not have any real incentive to act - it doesn't hurt them. But the copyright owner could send a DMCA takedown notice for the copy.

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 04:27 »
Copying a concept is something we see a lot of and is probably just part of the business.

Copying virtually every aspect of the staging and setup as well as the concept is plagiarism - even though they are different files in the most technical sense - and the copycat's account should be closed. It's just wrong, and with so many blatant examples, it's not an accident.

Does anyone know any of the creators of originals to send e-mails to? I would hope with complaints from the copyright owner there might be a response from the agencies (I assume this work is other places too?). As long as the copies sell, the agency may not have any real incentive to act - it doesn't hurt them. But the copyright owner could send a DMCA takedown notice for the copy.

A lot of image was copy to Maksym Yemelyanov portfolio but unfortunaly i didn't find this email adress  :(
Perhaps somebody on the forum know him ?

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 05:08 »
+2
Here a small list of originals creators that designsoliman copy.
If someone know them or find a way to contact them, he will be welcome :)

sellingpix
Maksym Yemelyanov
Maksim Kabakou
Sashkin
Oleksiy Mark
mipan
V. Yakobchuk

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 06:22 »
Quote from: microtalk link=topic=25360.msg424860#msg424860

A lot of image was copy to Maksym Yemelyanov portfolio but unfortunaly i didn't find this email adress  :(
A google search brings up his DT account, he can be messages through the site.

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 08:26 »
Quote from: microtalk link=topic=25360.msg424860#msg424860

A google search brings up his DT account, he can be messages through the site.

Thank you, but how i do this,? i don't find any button for send a email

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 08:31 »
Really sorry, I though it would be easy because I have got a lot of messages on the site in the past, but I can't find how to do it either?!