MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: VideoBlocks has become my #3 earner in June. This month on much higher pace!  (Read 47821 times)

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2015, 11:54 »
+1
Hey everyone, I'd love to help solve this - please email us here: contributor [at] videoblocks.com

We can look into your account and make sure that all the necessary information is there for our payment processor.

I want to make sure everyone here gets their payouts!

top class customer service! LIKE
Only if they actually sort the problems out and they don't let situations like this happen in the first place.

Well, in comparison with other agencies, these guys came much quicker to respond here. So Respect for that ...and Thank You VideoBlocks!

They seem like good/honest people over there.  No shadyness I can feel.

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2015, 11:55 »
+1
Had my first sale (2 HD files) today!  :D  My portfolio has been online for 5 days.

Congrats!  I think it'll accelerate because it's been growing fast for me.

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2015, 11:56 »
+2
So, my sales tripled last month from prior month.  This month is on a pace for close to double the last month.  Growing fast and I like it.

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2015, 14:46 »
+3
Great to hear.  I hope they continue to do well, it's great to see agencies be successful with a different business model.

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2015, 13:58 »
+1
Doing good at Videoblocks this month 4 sales which beats last month at 0. I'm impressed about their execution in such a short time and the way the website works, it is very easy and intuitive. I have only ported 10% of my portfolio so far this is encouraging!

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2015, 23:06 »
+1
Had my first sale (2 HD files) today!  :D  My portfolio has been online for 5 days.
That's awesome... Just how big is your portfolio?

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2015, 01:11 »
People, who didn't get their payments since april - are there any news, any e-mails from contributor support?

There is nothing good for me - just: we're working on it... So I think there will be no payment in August also. But a very big promise, that all will be ok in September (in 2015 September? Oh, no! We didn't write about it!)

Maybe there is any way to invite somebody from Paypal here, just to answer -  what's going on there, what is the problem, why they can't process our payments from VB?

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2015, 04:24 »
People, who didn't get their payments since april - are there any news, any e-mails from contributor support?

After a lot of noise here on MSG and in direct e-mail correspondence with VB my tax form was finally approved. However, I missed the July payment (again) and is now set for August payment. Fingers crossed. 

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2015, 05:42 »
+1
Beware of VideoBlocks. Did any of you receive payments from them?

I am from South Africa with a 0% tax treaty with the USA. I am familiar with the tax requirements and have completed numerous W-8BEN forms for all the US agencies that require them (doing this since 2006). In all cases it was a straightforward process and all accepted my details with no problems. However, on VideoBlocks I have now completed the W-8BEN form several times and after weeks of pending they notify me that there is a problem with only a very vague indication of what exactly is the problem. My monthly payments are now delayed for several months.

I am not going to attempt this obscure process again, just to wait weeks before I will know if I will ever receive payment. I cannot continue to sell my videos on an agency where I dont know if I will ever receive payment. I just today requested them to delete my videos and close my account.

there definitely seems to be a technical problem with their tax forms processing. Had the same issue, over and over again, even after manually correcting it! VB definitely need to (1) solve this and (2) be honest and TELL US that this is the case, instead of regurgitating the same "explainer modules" in e-mail "responses" over and over again.

Elsewhere, VB seems like a great agency and has a nice and friendly approach. Will not waste my time again until the above is solved though...

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2015, 03:10 »
No sales this August for me..

« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2015, 07:40 »
+2
basically dead for me. Nothing in Aug and I think I had one in July.

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2015, 08:15 »
3 hd sales in August with very small collection.Seems promising for such a bad month.

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2015, 10:40 »
2 sales in August, 8 in July with my 1000 clips

KB

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2015, 10:42 »
Same here, except I had 2 sales in July (1 in June, though).

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2015, 19:26 »
+1

YAY I had one show up today!!

KB

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2015, 23:36 »

YAY I had one show up today!!
Ha! Congrats! I love it when complaining (not that you were) pays off.  ;D

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2015, 00:41 »
+1
Just want to give an update. I am happy to report that my payment issues with VideoBlocks are now finally resolved and for the second month I received my payment (PayPal) on time.  ;D

gpgibson

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2015, 06:42 »
Yep I got paid yesterday 15th, I did have one hold but my fault did not fill out tax form correctly.

Benozaur

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2015, 07:48 »
Just been deflected again, 3 months of tax issues now its a Paypal issue. Come on guys, all you need is an email address. They also state that I'll be getting paid for 5 sales on October and seem to ignore the fact that I've had way more than that, its right there in the "sales history" tab next to "payouts".
I really hope that VideoBlocks doesn't turn out to be a major disappointment the way Revostock turned out to be (9 months with no payment and counting).

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2015, 12:39 »
+2
[trollmode]Im just going to give a detailed report so that i can help more people join them (and -god forbid- blame me later on when/if they totally screw us up) plus i like it when my sales become diluted by other contributors,in fact i love it so much.[/trollmode]

Had 5 sales in August (starting from August 1st when my first clips were approved) with about 300-400 clips online at the time of the last sale during that period.
With double the portfolio i had 15 sales this month alone.
All hd and most of them propably bought from US ground so i got taxed.

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2015, 21:55 »
[trollmode]Im just going to give a detailed report so that i can help more people join them (and -god forbid- blame me later on when/if they totally screw us up) plus i like it when my sales become diluted by other contributors,in fact i love it so much.[/trollmode]

Had 5 sales in August (starting from August 1st when my first clips were approved) with about 300-400 clips online at the time of the last sale during that period.

Wow!  You're on a roll.  Congrats!

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2015, 08:05 »

Congrats.  Glad you are having success there.

Benozaur

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2015, 08:16 »
Hey Benozaur,

There was an issue sending paypal payments to contributors in Poland (we noticed this with a handful of other contributors as well). Don't worry, we're on it! Payments are being individually sent out by our Finance team today.

Thanks for that, for the record - all is well again and I recieved my payout. I got a prompt answer to my email as well so can't fault the support at VideoBlocks. Well done guys...

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2015, 08:33 »
Thanks guys.Although, im not kidding myself,that was propably a lucky September streak.
Still there are sales to be made there and that's the good part.
Hope all the best for everyone uploading there.There's little time to still make decent money in stock so let's not waste it on crappy sites.

Having said that i will see how vb goes and adjust my strategy at the end of the year.
Haven't uploaded anything at ds since 1+1/2 months ago (and propably never will despite the -stil good- sales) and ss will be the next site where i will upload in moderation if this subs fest continues.
If vb keeps up of course.
If not,well, i'll move to the countryside and make my own soap or whatever. :P