MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Dissolve price update  (Read 41516 times)

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2015, 08:19 »
+9
Yoohoo...Aaron... Come back and answer the questions

Only the commisions seem to be Dissoling here

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2015, 08:28 »
+11
 I was contacted by your agency some year and half ago. Communication was not really at the level i do expect, so, i did not upload any of my content. Frankly speaking, i forgot about your agency.
 Some month ago, i contacted you - i still had no answer from you.
 Anyhow, i considered that i might upload some content at your site as well.

in simple words - with this policy, (and 30% commission for me), i would NOT upload content at your site, having in mind that i have for example 33$ commision from videoblocks, or 24.5 on pond5.
 and as i can see your intention is NOT to match for example ss's 79$ price, but - vb. 49, or pond5's price.
 from the other hand - pond5 is doing all the business strategy / payments etc... as any other agency - and they are somehow sustainable with 50%, and you are trying to ripoff contributors (with 70% for you). from my point of view - you are doing something wrong. -if agency a) can work with fair 50/50 strategy - than any other agency can do it as well. but, that, as we know depends of greedy-index of agency.
 so i see it as a greed-driven business move, without healthy (own) business strategy.

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2015, 09:47 »
+3
Aaron, where are you?

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2015, 10:01 »
+13
Recently applied and was enthusiastically approved as a video contributor to Dissolve. Haven't signed the non-exclusive contract quite yet, and now I won't be unless this is sorted out. Selling at $50 is a fine choice for certain clips when the contributor portion is 50% or greater. Unless they can guarantee our clips will sell for no less that $80 or Dissolve increases contributor portions to 50%, they won't be getting clip one from us.

So while you guys continue scheming new ways to rip off your contributors, we'll be busy uploading to your competitors.

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2015, 10:34 »
+8
I kinda lost respect for them for even suggesting that kind of stuff.  It's annoying and disappointing. 

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2015, 14:09 »
+1
Recently applied and was enthusiastically approved as a video contributor to Dissolve. Haven't signed the non-exclusive contract quite yet, and now I won't be unless this is sorted out. Selling at $50 is a fine choice for certain clips when the contributor portion is 50% or greater. Unless they can guarantee our clips will sell for no less that $80 or Dissolve increases contributor portions to 50%, they won't be getting clip one from us.

So while you guys continue scheming new ways to rip off your contributors, we'll be busy uploading to your competitors.

Exclusive clips are priced at $300 which i feel is too high for ALL the clips. Dissolve's marketing stragegy is a constant work in progress with a nice dose of desperation and confusion.

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2015, 14:12 »
Thanks for the info... I was wondering what they offered contributors but find no detail so for exclusive s file is $300 and they get 30%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2015, 17:00 »
+6
And price fixing?

Daisy

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2015, 17:01 »
+10
Aaron,

Please answer the main question:
Will you be increasing your royalty rate accordingly?

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 17:04 »
+2
And price fixing?
It's not price fixing unless there is some type of agreement between companies, this seems more like Walmart agreeing to match Target's prices, a very common practice.  I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to change the pricing especially when the exact same thing is offered cheaper elsewhere, it would be anticompetitive if they were forced to keep prices higher than other sites wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 17:18 by tickstock »

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 17:16 »
+7
Aaron,

Please answer the main question:
Will you be increasing your royalty rate accordingly?

Aaron,

Please answer this question which - until now - you have studiously ignored.

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 18:48 »
+3
Thanks all for your feedback.

Such is the competitive marketplace, non-exclusive contributors seek opportunities to expand their distribution network and as new pricing models emerge, the marketplace evolves. As a result, Dissolve currently has content in its collection that is priced substantially less elsewhere, and naturally were making some modifications to our pricing model to ensure that content remains competitive.

Differentiation through branding and customer experience is critical to the success of our company and in turn, the success of our contributors - including those who place their content on lower priced sites. We work hard to create sales for contributors by providing great customer experience through our service, technology, content merchandising, and competitive market pricing.

Dissolve contributors: if you have an affected collection, before making changes well be contacting you individually in the coming weeks to answer any questions about your collection.

Meantime, feel free to contact us directly at products (at) dissolve (dot) com.

Aaron

LET US CLOSE OUR ACCOUNTS. Why are you avoiding answering this? You already will not receive another clip from me, so why not just let contributors request an account closure? You keep dodging this question. Man up and don't hide behind the cloak of a 5-year prison sentence.

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 20:01 »
Aaron, are saying that if our content is NOT placed on lower priced sites you will keep the pricing at the current $79? Is this done based on the contributor?

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 20:01 »
+2
And price fixing?
It's not price fixing unless there is some type of agreement between companies, this seems more like Walmart agreeing to match Target's prices, a very common practice.  I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to change the pricing especially when the exact same thing is offered cheaper elsewhere, it would be anticompetitive if they were forced to keep prices higher than other sites wouldn't it?

Again : ie. Price Fixing - "antitrust laws require that each company establish prices and other terms on its own, without agreeing with a competitor"

So, this sounds like price fixing.  Yep.

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 20:09 »
+1
And price fixing?

Again : ie. Price Fixing - "antitrust laws require that each company establish prices and other terms on its own, without agreeing with a competitor"

So, this sounds like price fixing.  Yep.
It looks like you quoted the FTC for that but skipped the first sentence:  "Price fixing is an agreement (written, verbal, or inferred from conduct) among competitors that raises, lowers, or stabilizes prices or competitive terms." 
The second part of your quote "without agreeing with a competitor" is relevant, if there is no agreement with a competitor then there isn't price fixing.  For this to be price fixing you would need to show Dissolve and another company agreed to set the prices, I don't see how that is the case.  Of course it could be but what evidence is there?

You can read the whole thing if you want but here is something relevant I think https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/dealings-competitors/price-fixing :

"Not all price similarities, or price changes that occur at the same time, are the result of price fixing. On the contrary, they often result from normal market conditions. For example, prices of commodities such as wheat are often identical because the products are virtually identical, and the prices that farmers charge all rise and fall together without any agreement among them. If a drought causes the supply of wheat to decline, the price to all affected farmers will increase. An increase in consumer demand can also cause uniformly high prices for a product in limited supply."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 20:14 by tickstock »

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 20:17 »
+1
"The second part of your quote "without agreeing with a competitor" is relevant, if there is no agreement with a competitor then there isn't price fixing.  For this to be price fixing you would need to show Dissolve and another company agreed to set the prices, I don't see how that is the case.  Of course it could be but what evidence is there?"

The "agreement" is inferred.  As stated in the description.

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 20:21 »
"The second part of your quote "without agreeing with a competitor" is relevant, if there is no agreement with a competitor then there isn't price fixing.  For this to be price fixing you would need to show Dissolve and another company agreed to set the prices, I don't see how that is the case.  Of course it could be but what evidence is there?"

The "agreement" is inferred.  As stated in the description.
I'm not following what "agreement" is inferred? 

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 20:22 »
+1
They are essentially agreeing to fix the price based on the behavior of other sellers.  It's pretty obvious.

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 20:23 »
They are essentially agreeing to fix the price based on the behavior of other sellers.  It's pretty obvious.
The agreement needs to be between two competitors, not one.

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 20:25 »
+1
This is probably more like a price war, race to the bottom, pick your phrase 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 20:30 »
"Again : ie. Price Fixing - "antitrust laws require that each company establish prices and other terms on its own, without agreeing with a competitor"

Nope.  Agreement can be one sided.  If they can't establish their own pricing without following another, that's fixing.  It's right there.

For example, I agree with you ( thought I don't :) ).

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 20:38 »
"Again : ie. Price Fixing - "antitrust laws require that each company establish prices and other terms on its own, without agreeing with a competitor"

Nope.  Agreement can be one sided.  If they can't establish their own pricing without following another, that's fixing.  It's right there.

For example, I agree with you ( thought I don't :) ).
I think you're confusing the word "agreement", this is the meaning they are using "a negotiated and typically legally binding arrangement between parties as to a course of action."

There is more clarification: Other market forces, such as publicly posting current prices (as is common with most gasoline stations), encourages suppliers to adjust their own prices quickly in order not to lose sales. If there is evidence that the gasoline station operators talked to each other about increasing prices and agreed on a common pricing plan, however, that may be an antitrust violation

This is the definition that comes from Google:price-fixing
noun
the maintaining of prices at a certain level by agreement between competing sellers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 20:43 by tickstock »

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2015, 23:27 »
+1
Thanks all for your feedback.

Such is the competitive marketplace, non-exclusive contributors seek opportunities to expand their distribution network and as new pricing models emerge, the marketplace evolves. As a result, Dissolve currently has content in its collection that is priced substantially less elsewhere, and naturally were making some modifications to our pricing model to ensure that content remains competitive.

Differentiation through branding and customer experience is critical to the success of our company and in turn, the success of our contributors - including those who place their content on lower priced sites. We work hard to create sales for contributors by providing great customer experience through our service, technology, content merchandising, and competitive market pricing.

Dissolve contributors: if you have an affected collection, before making changes well be contacting you individually in the coming weeks to answer any questions about your collection.

Meantime, feel free to contact us directly at products (at) dissolve (dot) com.

Aaron

Wow this is unheard of.
You are imposing a new form of exclusivity penalty -pricing punishment- on NON-exclusive contributors...
Congratulations.

P.S Dont even think about contacting me personally to ask me whether i sell on other sites in any price ,lower ,or higher, as long as i am a non exclusive contributor at dissolve.You have no right.

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2015, 01:19 »
+4
For me as contributor it is not so much about for how much my clips are sold, but how much I earn from each sale. If I sell my clips for $49 on Pond 5 I receive $24.5 (50%). If I sell a clip on Dissolve for $79 I receive $23.7 (30%). Can you see what is the problem here? Who is now at fault? If Dissolve increase our commission to 50% I will not be too concerned if they sold my clips for $49.