MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Change to Fotolia/Adobe Stock category process  (Read 7300 times)

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 13:42 »
+1
Cool.

madman

This user is banned.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 13:56 »
+1
this is a good news for uploading so sometimes it was very boring to choose sub-categories.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 13:58 by madman »

marthamarks

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 14:03 »
+2
Yea, Mat! Hooray, Fotolia!

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 14:07 »
+3
I did notice the "optional" today.  Great for some more esoteric categories, but still able to dig down to Christmas and such.  BTW, add more holidays.

marthamarks

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 14:34 »
+2
BTW, add more holidays.

And please, under Animals>Mammals, add more North American creatures!

Not many elephants or hippos or kangaroos or camels or rhinos around these parts, but we surely do have lots of moose and bison and sea lions and prairie dogs!

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 14:42 »
+3
Good news!  Sometimes none of the sub categories fit my images.   This will really help in that situation,   Thanks Mat!

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 14:59 »
+5
This is a move to the right direction. Of course no categories at all would be the best (I can't imagine any serious buyers using them!)

And please, PLEASE, add "objects" category!

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 15:07 »
+3
Categories are useless but agencies insist that customers use them to browse for images. There is no single way to categorize things. Picture subject can be landscape, nature, travel and christmas so only way to find it is to type these keywords and search.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 15:45 »
+3
Nice to see improvements being made!

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 22:23 »
Categories are useless but agencies insist that customers use them to browse for images.

I don't buy often, but I almost always search by category.

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 14:59 »
+1
don't change the category try to change your financial management, I think fotolia have some serious financial problems. They sold it to Adobe and still can't handle it properly

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 09:44 »
+3
I would also like to suggest a category Objects.

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 09:59 »
+5
"Many more exciting changes and tools are being prepared for you so stay tuned!"

Hi MatHayward:
Why don't give us the chance to make adjust on the keywords at future, once the file has been accepted.
I think is a good tool to fix up mistakes or sometimes improve the file chances.

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 11:47 »
+2
"Many more exciting changes and tools are being prepared for you so stay tuned!"

Hi MatHayward:
Why don't give us the chance to make adjust on the keywords at future, once the file has been accepted.
I think is a good tool to fix up mistakes or sometimes improve the file chances.

Most contributors are honest when it comes to keywords, but bear in mind, by allowing adjustments to keywords, they would only be encouraging keyword spammers, which really punishes buyers looking to find an image.

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 13:25 »
+1
SS,Is, and many more let us do it. Presumption of innocence.   :)

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 13:52 »
Categories are useless but agencies insist that customers use them to browse for images.

I don't buy often, but I almost always search by category.

Can you give me an example of an image you have found by browsing categories (instead of searching with words). i just cannot understand the process...

I still can't believe that browsing categories with - let's say 100,000 images would get you anywhere...

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 19:19 »
+1

Hi MatHayward:

Most contributors are honest when it comes to keywords, but bear in mind, by allowing adjustments to keywords, they would only be encouraging keyword spammers, which really punishes buyers looking to find an image.

Still any keyword change could go to support or whomever and he/she could approve or not approve it.

Tryingmybest

• Stand up for what is right
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 23:21 »
+2
THANK YOU !  ;D

Hi all,

I am happy to announce another great change has been made for contributors when uploading to Fotolia/Adobe Stock. When indexing your images you are no longer required to select sub-categories. The option is now available for you to simply select the main category when submitting your content.

You are certainly welcome to continue selecting sub-categories for fine tuning search results. However, it is now up to you.

Many more exciting changes and tools are being prepared for you so stay tuned!

-Mat Hayward
email: [email protected]

marthamarks

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 23:41 »

YES!!!!!!!!

In my case, over the last few months, I've gotten better at indexing my files in FT, especially in picking categories, writing descriptions, and ordering keywords.

There are categories available that I didn't find (and so didn't choose) early on. Sure would be nice to assign better categories to some images.

Many of the images I uploaded and indexed at first aren't done as well as those I'm uploading now, and I would really like to make them better. It's frustrating to see errors and not be able to fix 'em.

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 00:56 »
+4
If I'm not mistaken, you can still change categories an re-order keywords. You just can't add any keywords.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 07:23 »
If I'm not mistaken, you can still change categories an re-order keywords. You just can't add any keywords.

Yes, i think you are correct.

fritz

• I love Tom and Jerry music

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 08:35 »
Hi Mat,
Will you fix choppy video previews?