pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Adobe / Fotolia sale - commissions unaffected  (Read 18442 times)

« on: September 01, 2015, 03:15 »
+24
This just in from Adobe / Fotolia:

"As you know, Adobe acquired Fotolia earlier this year and later launched Adobe Stock, a stock image service integrated into Adobe Creative Cloud. As a result your images are now available to the worlds largest creative community.

Were pleased with the early adoption of the product and were happy to see that many of you have already shared your feedback of increased sales.

We will be running a promotion from September 1st to September 20th to further ensure that your images are receiving the maximum amount of exposure to potential new clients and to accelerate awareness of the site.

For a limited time, we will be offering a 50% discount on all single images purchased, 2.99 per image instead of the usual 5.99.

We wanted to inform you that, regardless of this discount occurring, your commission will be unaffected and you will continue to generate royalties at the current rate.

Many thanks
Fotolia/Adobe Stock Team"

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 03:42 »
+16
I got it too.
Now that is what I call transparency and caring about your contributors. Other agencies should learn from this.
Thank you Adobe.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 03:45 »
+5
Yep, it's September - the traditional time for initiatives and innovation. Adobe have put their cards on the table. Istock, you're up next...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 04:17 »
+12
A splendid example of how an agency should treat their members! Wish some agencies read this, take it to heart and learn from it.

Thanks Adobe! :)

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 04:52 »
+3
Nice move Adobe and decently done for a change.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 05:23 »
+5
Got the email too. I had a very strange feeling while reading it... For the first time in my life I felt that I'm working with not for somebody. And this somebody is treating me fair, not just exploiting my work and paying me pennies. I hope this tactics results in growing and they keep the policy!

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 05:39 »
+2
Got the email too. I had a very strange feeling while reading it... For the first time in my life I felt that I'm working with not for somebody. And this somebody is treating me fair, not just exploiting my work and paying me pennies. I hope this tactics results in growing and they keep the policy!

Well, they are still doing that, but at least they got the other stuff right.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 05:53 »
+2
I didn't get the email, so thanks for posting.  Very good news!

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 07:28 »
+6
This is the right business relationship, we invest in creating photos, they invest in marketing and sales. Each side have to bear its part of the commitment.
Correct and fairly on their part!

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 07:32 »
+3
I received the same email.
I hope that Adobe to maintain these strategies for both clients and photographers.
 :)

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 07:41 »
+1
you are simply naive, one download sales are small percentage of all sales. 5 sales in europe, i should  get 2-2,5, will i get? no!

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 08:50 »
Now we wait for all the other sites to lower pricing as well.  Wooyay! 

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 08:56 »
Just got the email.

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 09:05 »
This is a great gesture from Adobe. I wish they'd hurry up with including video into Adobe Stock so us video producers could join the fun.  :-\

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 09:06 »
It's good to see them taking the sale losses out of their share. Haven't had too many sales since I joined the new Adobe Fotolia but I'm encouraged to upload the rest of my micro portfolio there as people seem to be seeing growth there.

I had asked a question in another thread about Fotolia Instant and haven't seen a response - anyone uploading smartphone photos there and any results? Just uploaded a handful the other day and wondering if I should keep uploading more?

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 09:07 »
This is a great gesture from Adobe. I wish they'd hurry up with including video into Adobe Stock so us video producers could join the fun.  :-\
Will you be saying that when they sell videos for $30 and offer them for sale for $15?

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 09:37 »
+2
 :-\  Such a huge discount...  I don't like the consequences this might bring.

50%

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 09:43 »
+4
This is not great! Actually this is the most normal thing we are just spoiled by the terrible treatment of other agencies, in comparison to these agencies it looks great but again most normal thing. Anyway thank you Adobe for reasonable fairness!

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 10:03 »
Discount will only last 3 weeks, not forever.

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 10:04 »
+3
:-\  Such a huge discount...  I don't like the consequences this might bring.

What consequences...more buyers? The discount is coming out of their pocket, not ours.

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 11:09 »
+1
I got first EL for the month, i'm not sure if this offer cover the ELs too. If yes we can expect more in the next 20 days. ;)

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 11:35 »
+13

See, every-other-stock-company? It's not so hard to communicate with contributors and not be jerks.

;D

Well played, Adobe.

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 11:59 »
+4
It would be very good news if I weren't on their blacklist - I've asked if, under new ownership, they'd allow me to contribute and after waiting a couple of months asked again and was told that there wasn't any answer yet, but the delay probably meant "no".

So forgive me for not joining in this celebration of the new contributor friendly Adobe owned Fotolia.

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 12:40 »
Will you be saying that when they sell videos for $30 and offer them for sale for $15?
No why would I?  ???

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 12:42 »
This just in from Adobe / Fotolia:

"As you know, Adobe acquired Fotolia earlier this year and later launched Adobe Stock, a stock image service integrated into Adobe Creative Cloud. As a result your images are now available to the worlds largest creative community.

Were pleased with the early adoption of the product and were happy to see that many of you have already shared your feedback of increased sales.

We will be running a promotion from September 1st to September 20th to further ensure that your images are receiving the maximum amount of exposure to potential new clients and to accelerate awareness of the site.

For a limited time, we will be offering a 50% discount on all single images purchased, 2.99 per image instead of the usual 5.99.

We wanted to inform you that, regardless of this discount occurring, your commission will be unaffected and you will continue to generate royalties at the current rate.

Many thanks
Fotolia/Adobe Stock Team"

Thanks!