MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Breaking exclusivity rules  (Read 2791 times)

« on: September 16, 2015, 08:55 »
Hello, folks!
I have few questions for you:
1. Uploading similar images or exactly same images at iStock and GettyImages considered as breaking exclusivity?
2. How does GettyImages curators watch for exclusivity of their contributors?
3. What if curators find out someone is having similar pictures at iStock and GettyImages same time?

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:53 »
+2
I'm fairly liberal thinking when it comes to this sort of thing but contributing to iS and GI, which are the same site, but different collections and price points, is simply stupid.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 10:06 »
No way you can upload similar/identical shots to IS and GI. I have just had a terrible row with GI, they ended up deleting 145 images, they found them in something called picture-scout.

Having said that, I don't know what type of contract you have with GI? but if you belong to the House, PC or any of their RM/RF collections. Its out

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 10:19 »
ouch
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 16:08 by spumante »

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 10:28 »
No way you can upload similar/identical shots to IS and GI. I have just had a terrible row with GI, they ended up deleting 145 images, they found them in something called picture-scout.

Having said that, I don't know what type of contract you have with GI? but if you belong to the House, PC or any of their RM/RF collections. Its out
Standart contributor agreement, nothing special. How does this picture scout work I wonder... How long did it take to find those similar images? Thing is, almost 2 years ago I have uploaded several images at GI, iS and few other stocks that are similar, at the very beging of my career when I was a total newb. And completely forgot about them. Since that I havent had any notifications or something. Just been reviewing my content and found that out.

Believe me sooner or later they will find the identical or similar images. I also know that they are doing a drive finding any pictures in other agencies. Everyone I know within GI have suffered the same. So you know be careful.
The only reason I didn't get in to trouble was the fact that I have been with them for 13 years.

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 10:32 »

Believe me sooner or later they will find the identical or similar images. I also know that they are doing a drive finding any pictures in other agencies. Everyone I know within GI have suffered the same. So you know be careful.
The only reason I didn't get in to trouble was the fact that I have been with them for 13 years.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 16:09 by spumante »