MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: "featured"  (Read 2944 times)

« on: September 18, 2015, 10:28 »
I quit submitting to microstock over a year ago.  I recently got an email from someone at Alamy, saying they planned to 'feature' me later this year and wondering if I might submit some new photos. I don't want to seem unappreciative or rude, but given the few sales I get at Alamy, I can't believe even a 'feature' would be worth the effort.

It appears that a 'feature' just amounts to a paragraph and a thumbnail on a 'featured artists' page.  Have others gotten these emails, or already been 'featured' and if so, did that generate any sales?

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:43 »
I quit submitting to microstock over a year ago.  I recently got an email from someone at Alamy, saying they planned to 'feature' me later this year and wondering if I might submit some new photos. I don't want to seem unappreciative or rude, but given the few sales I get at Alamy, I can't believe even a 'feature' would be worth the effort.

It appears that a 'feature' just amounts to a paragraph and a thumbnail on a 'featured artists' page.  Have others gotten these emails, or already been 'featured' and if so, did that generate any sales?

I recently had one of my photos featured as the main photo on the front page.
I had one small sale that day, maybe just a coincidence, maybe not.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 16:01 by Zero Talent »