pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: An easy way to check search position rotation in SS  (Read 4501 times)

« on: September 28, 2015, 10:55 »
As many of you know, position of your images on searchs change according if you are logged form your account or not (usually position showed is better when you ar logged), and also according the part of the word you are.

I was wondering how much can change position of images in searchs according different IPs so i propose a single method:

I just search at SS using the term "Cat" and capture first, second and third result of first page and page number 10, i just share the capture of results.

You can also search for "Cat" and make some comments acording if your results are the same or change... if you can also share a capture.

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:18 »
Here you go...

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 11:28 »
Oh, it is the same!!

This means two posibilities... the first one say that my theory is wrong... in the second one my theory is right and you are somewhere hidding in my home using my internet connection and our IPs are the same... (just kidding)

Maybe the rotation is not big as i think before...

Edit: well i notice that is not exactly the same, but first page show not big change...

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 11:45 »
It's the same for me too.

Only the first three, according to AreanCreative post. After that, they are at different positions. For example, the file with silhouette of cats, that is on position 6 is at 11th place in my search.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:49 by Dumc »

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 11:48 »
Sam here... The only difference i got was when i changed the language of SS and searched for Cat, gato, Katze, chan, etc.. in that language.

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 12:02 »
Same here. I've also looked at search results at work in the past, and they were pretty much the same as search results at home.

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 12:55 »
+4
Exactly the same as ArenaCreative.

SS search is quite consistent, therefore earning caps seem a bit implausible.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:58 by Nikovsk »

Hongover

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 13:16 »
There are 2 types of search engines. One updates in real-time and the other updates once a day. There is one search engine I deal with often and it update once a day; they tally up all the downloads and reorder everything at the end of the sales day.

So which one is SS? You guys will have to wait til tomorrow, or after 12am EST. Taking screenshots 10 minutes apart isn't going to tell you anything. Based on experience with SS so far, it seem to update once a day, but I could be wrong.

Edit: That is if you guys want to test image rotation as well.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 13:42 by Hongover »

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 13:43 »
There are 2 types of search engines. One updates in real-time and the other updates once a day. There is one search engine I deal with often and it update once a day; they tally up all the downloads and reorder everything at the end of the sales day.

So which one is SS? You guys will have to wait til tomorrow, or after 12am EST. Taking screenshots 10 minutes apart isn't going to tell you anything. Based on experience with SS so far, it seem to update once a day, but I could be wrong.

Ok, anyway we can see differences now (very little differences but differences anyway).

I would like to expand this thread for weeks to see the changes.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 00:10 »
I tried in May, from an Internet cafe in Amsterdam and 24 hours later in Tokyo... Very small difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 09:52 »
I tried in May, from an Internet cafe in Amsterdam and 24 hours later in Tokyo... Very small difference.

You check it connected with your user?

FlowerPower

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 18:12 »
Exactly the same as ArenaCreative.

SS search is quite consistent, therefore earning caps seem a bit implausible.

Four days after, still same as you and Arena, what rotation? What is a cap have to do with this? Are they supposed to hide your photos after the cap rotation?

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 18:22 »
Let us to check it for at least one more week, if search position is the same or have a slight change the cap theory is just false or at least improbable

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 01:58 »

You check it connected with your user?

No