pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Fotolia / Adobe Stock is working hard to gain market share  (Read 22258 times)

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 14:12 »
+9
Sorry, how is the agency eating the cost of the promotion "murdering"?

marthamarks

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 14:35 »
Sorry, how is the agency eating the cost of the promotion "murdering"?

Something's missing here. Was something deleted from the previous post? Use of the word "murdering" perhaps?

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 14:55 »
+5
The title was Fotolia / Adobe Stock murdering the market, or something like that.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 15:52 »
+2
He must have changed it. Glad Adobe isn't taking it out of our hide.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 16:01 »
In September this year we emailed you to notify you of a promotion offer that would be running on Adobe Stock, and that your commission would be unaffected and remain the same as usual.

After this successful initial offering we have decided to promote a first month free offer to encourage new members to Adobe Stock, which will be running from today, October 5th until October 30th.
In addition we are also offering 120 free images to all MAX attendees, exposing your images to even more potential customers.

We wanted to inform you that regardless of this offer occurring, your commission will be unchanged and you will continue to generate royalties at the current rate.

Many thanks
Fotolia/Adobe Stock Team

Quote from where? Is this an e-mail or what?
Has anyone else got one of this?

Are you playing us Symbiostock?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 16:07 by Dodie »

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 16:03 »
+1
i get the same mail too! is from adobe/fotolia

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 16:20 »
+3
Its a mail alright. serious player. Good luck to them.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 16:34 »
So, it's an email. In this case, my apologies Symbiostock.
I haven't got this new version yet.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 16:54 »
I was so fed up with getting marketing offers re Adobe Stock, I stopped Adobe emails altogether.

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 19:03 »
+4
I also got this email. It's good to see that Adobe keeps updating contributors, unlike SS.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 03:21 »
good news, just got the email.

september was my BME on ft, hope october will also be that good

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 03:22 »
I also got this email. It's good to see that Adobe keeps updating contributors, unlike SS.
By SS you mean SymbioStock?

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 03:37 »
The question is how much will we get. Last time it was clear: 50% of 9,99$ = 4,99 buyer pays=3.30 we get. Now it seems like for the free month for new customers we get 1.65$, but it can be 0,99 (?) if buyer will sign up for one year of Adobestock https://stock.adobe.com/promo/firstmonthfree. And I have no idea how much should we get for 120 free images offered for MAX attendees.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:57 by grumble »

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 04:07 »
well today i have only 4 sales on fotolia, shutter is  below average today, do we get money for free download or not?

This scene is becoming depressed

The question is how much will we get. Last time it was clear: 50% of 9,99$ = 4,99 buyer pays=3.30 we get. Now it seems like for the free month for new customers we get 1.65$, but it can be 0,99 (?) if buyer will sign up for one year of Adobestock https://stock.adobe.com/promo/firstmonthfree. And I have no idea how much should we get for 120 free images offered for MAX attendees.

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 14:11 »
+3
well today i have only 4 sales on fotolia, shutter is  below average today, do we get money for free download or not?

Yes, in the newsletter they sent out, Adobe said we would be getting paid for the free downloads given away.

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 16:22 »

Yes, in the newsletter they sent out, Adobe said we would be getting paid for the free downloads given away.

Where in this email Adobe said that we would be getting paid for free downloads?
"We wanted to inform you that regardless of this offer occurring, your commission will be unchanged and you will continue to generate royalties at the current rate." - English is not my first language and this is not clear for me. Mayebey they mean that commision will be unchanged for our usual sales, not the ones given for free. Don't you think that if Adobe was about to give us money from their pocket they would annouce that very clearly and give info rearding the fee?

ShadySue

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 16:31 »
+1
Where in this email Adobe said that we would be getting paid for free downloads?
"We wanted to inform you that regardless of this offer occurring, your commission will be unchanged and you will continue to generate royalties at the current rate." - English is not my first language and this is not clear for me. Mayebey they mean that commision will be unchanged for our usual sales, not the ones given for free. Don't you think that if Adobe was about to give us money from their pocket they would annouce that very clearly and give info rearding the fee?
The bit I highlighted seems very clear to me, but I appreciate the difficulties for a non-English speaker. (I'm sure you must have problems with the contracts - none of the main agencies make them remotely clear.)
Regardless of this offer occurring = Even though we have an offer for buyers just now
your commission will be unchanged and you will continue to generate royalties at the current rate  = you will still get your normal download fee.

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 16:44 »
+6
course it could be interpreted as 25% of zero...   :-D

ShadySue

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 17:45 »
+4
course it could be interpreted as 25% of zero...   :-D
It probably would, if it were iStock.  :(

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 22:25 »
+6
Anyone paying attention these last few days sees the signs.  Adobe is committed to changing the game in microstock.  AdobeStock/Fotolia will be the #1 seller of stock within a year, two at the most. 

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 00:40 »
+1
Anyone paying attention these last few days sees the signs.  Adobe is committed to changing the game in microstock.  AdobeStock/Fotolia will be the #1 seller of stock within a year, two at the most.

Possibly - particularly if ss continue to sit on their hands as seem to  be currently although they don't do editorial yet

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 01:42 »
+4
Without editorial content Fotolia/Adobe will never be no 1

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 03:33 »
+2
Without editorial content Fotolia/Adobe will never be no 1
I'm not so sure, there are many talented and experienced photographers here who don't need a more forgiving review to be accepted.

PZF

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 07:47 »
+4

In that case heaven help us. With 25 or 29c being typical for most/many dls and the occasional $2 being a large payment....
:(