pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Pond5 review times  (Read 39206 times)

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2015, 22:37 »
+3
Amongst other files, I uploaded my clips Santa Claus relaxed at beach on 7 October 2015. I didn't expect them to be still pending on Christmas Day. Well, there is always gonna be another Christmas...  8) But for the future I try to upload my Xmas-files around Easter, Easter Bunnies on Halloween, Valentine Day on Independence Day...

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Rob

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2015, 04:40 »
+1
Amongst other files, I uploaded my clips Santa Claus relaxed at beach on 7 October 2015. I didn't expect them to be still pending on Christmas Day. Well, there is always gonna be another Christmas... 8) But for the future I try to upload my Xmas-files around Easter, Easter Bunnies on Halloween, Valentine Day on Independence Day...

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Rob

OR another agency to upload!  :)

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2015, 05:12 »
Unfortunately there are not many alternatives around when it comes to decent clip sales, actually only one. And again, for me Shutterstock is far ahead of the rest. Easy upload, reasonable review times and better sales than Pond5. I still hang on to P5, because customers there seem to look for different content.

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2015, 07:49 »
+2
"Due to upload volume, artists are experiencing unusually long wait times for content approval. Currently our average wait time is three weeks. We are working on shortening this wait time and we appreciate your patience."

If the AVERAGE is 3 weeks it makes me wonder what is their max...

fritz

• I love Tom and Jerry music

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2015, 09:19 »
+1
5 weeks and counting...

ACS

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2015, 11:38 »
"Due to upload volume, artists are experiencing unusually long wait times for content approval. Currently our average wait time is three weeks. We are working on shortening this wait time and we appreciate your patience."

If the AVERAGE is 3 weeks it makes me wonder what is their max...

Probably the waiting time for images, sounds are shorter and this makes the average around 3 weeks. My video clips have been waiting for 5 weeks. I have an idea like leaving some clips unedited for the queue, maybe 1 clip per week. I will try this.

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2015, 18:51 »
+2
7 weeks waiting already 110 clips waiting

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 16:39 »
+3
100 clips since early December....nothing  just the sound of tumbleweeds across the big empty space of their fancy NYC new offices while they juggle Sr Management.      This can't be good.   

ACS

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 17:41 »
+3
I am (probably) the record holder; mid November! It seems they are busy because of the upcoming "subscription" thing.

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 19:42 »
Me thinks Pond5 has gotten too popular. >:( I've been trying to upload clips via Filezilla and the system crashes mid-way...loading, redialing, uploading over and over again. Time to take a back seat and let the dust settle. Hopefully P5 will have things running again sometime soon. I'll dip my toe in the water when the "wait time" has been reduced from a posted "Two Months" to 3 weeks.

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2016, 06:20 »
+1
I am (probably) the record holder; mid November! It seems they are busy because of the upcoming "subscription" thing.

What a great strategy in place...let's work on something completely new and put all previous problems under the carpet for later discussion! 
:o

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2016, 09:32 »
+2
Took me two months to get a review on a batch.  Today they rejected one batch of 17.  The entire batch.

Reason:  noise   I can tell you that maybe one or two of these images had noise and I am no noob photographer either.  There were at least a half dozen that were primetime images with no noise, sharp and great composition.  Looks like they are so behind they are slicing through with large cuts.

The only reason it fried my butt was because it was just a lady probably in a hurry and just ripped right through them just to get onto the next batch because they are so far behind.

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2016, 09:42 »
Just had 72 images approved - the oldest were uploaded Mid-November - newest yesterday

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2016, 11:53 »
Took me two months to get a review on a batch.  Today they rejected one batch of 17.  The entire batch.

Reason:  noise   I can tell you that maybe one or two of these images had noise and I am no noob photographer either.  There were at least a half dozen that were primetime images with no noise, sharp and great composition.  Looks like they are so behind they are slicing through with large cuts.

The only reason it fried my butt was because it was just a lady probably in a hurry and just ripped right through them just to get onto the next batch because they are so far behind.

:-X

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2016, 02:19 »
+3
Recently had a batch of ** 79 ** video clips rejected from P5 after waiting a very long time. The remaining 2 were returned for reprocessing and a model release, something which was also unusual since I've submitted similar editorial before to P5 without releases.

Never had anything like it before. Before this, occasionally 1 or 2 from a batch of 10 or 15. Many of the same clips were accepted on SS, Fotolia etc. So I agree Pond5 must be tossing buckets of videos out the window to get through their backlog, either that or its the most arcane and unusual 'secret method' I've ever encountered.

Blanket sweep rejection, the likes of which I'd never seen; the reviewer was an Indian animation student, as discovered through a Linkedin search on the reviewers name. 

Reasons given were 'camera panning too quickly' - which would be understandable, except that I was using a DOLLY.

(*and it was a slow dolly)

As someone else mentioned, I'm stepping away from Pond5 and letting dust settle and the entire P5 entity reconstruct itself before investing more time (on spec), lest many hours get burnt on submitting for naught. 

Well, may submit stills or Audio, but no more video for now.

Something big and strange is happening over there, too bad, I really liked Pond5 - hope they come back to the way they were.

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2016, 03:43 »
+1
Totally unacceptable, they should limit new submissions until the queue is under control.  Get in contact with support and ask for the batch to be reviewed again, better than having to upload again.

Shutterstock were doing something similar a few years ago and it really put me off uploading video.  They should understand that uploading huge files is a PITA and that reviewing properly is more important than it is with stills.

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2016, 04:26 »
Instead of fixing long review times, P5 video development manager is having shameless self promotion of his new film.
How absolutely tasteless!

https://www.facebook.com/pond5/posts/10153927417039777

https://twitter.com/pond5/status/695681089155813376

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2016, 08:48 »
+1
I just started uploading again after a one-year hiatus.  When I went to P5 I saw the note about review times taking two months and decided to not bother.  Hope they get their act together soon but it seems their efforts are now concentrated elsewhere than bothering with contributor relations.  Too bad.  Glad SS is still in business and they sell more than P5 anyway.

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2016, 09:01 »
+1
I just started uploading again after a one-year hiatus.  When I went to P5 I saw the note about review times taking two months and decided to not bother.  Hope they get their act together soon but it seems their efforts are now concentrated elsewhere than bothering with contributor relations.  Too bad.  Glad SS is still in business and they sell more than P5 anyway.

I am concerned about the WHYS of this delay.  There is usually cause and effect when something like this happens and my gut tells me there is some other strategic factor yet to be announced that will affect videos.  I can see a spike in volume because people are moving to video but not by this scale. I used to get videos reviewed within two weeks, so they would have had to quadruple their video uploads assuming all other factors are the same (number of inspectors, inspection criteria, etc).  I have about 100 videos waiting for inspection. My last batch of 40 had one rejected, 39 accepted. For now I will keep uploading and just be patient as my sales at P5 help retain my monthly income. Filling the pipeline for ouster months is my new thought process with P5. I'm not going to let long review times stop me from uploading until such a time they drop a "bad news bomb"on us.

ACS

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2016, 09:23 »
+1
They let my files in after 2 and a half months. %90 accepted, which is understandable. Just fyi...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:46 by ACS »

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2016, 09:39 »
+2
They could easily just tell us that they are getting quadruple or more of their normal volume of uploads. Its possible that thousands of photographers have suddenly decided to try video and Pond5 is doing so well in the poll here, its the obvious place to upload first.

Other possibilities, maybe they are cutting back on the expenses of reviewers, to make their books look good for some reason.  Or they might be re-reviewing all previously uploaded clips to remove the lower quality ones but I think we would of heard about that by now.

Whatever is going on, I think they should let us know a bit more, a sites reputation is hard to build and very quickly goes when we are kept in the dark about something.

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2016, 10:01 »
They could easily just tell us that they are getting quadruple or more of their normal volume of uploads. Its possible that thousands of photographers have suddenly decided to try video and Pond5 is doing so well in the poll here, its the obvious place to upload first.

Other possibilities, maybe they are cutting back on the expenses of reviewers, to make their books look good for some reason.  Or they might be re-reviewing all previously uploaded clips to remove the lower quality ones but I think we would of heard about that by now.

Whatever is going on, I think they should let us know a bit more, a sites reputation is hard to build and very quickly goes when we are kept in the dark about something.

True...but they are too busy promoting their own films via company social media.  :o
I found all this rather  I N C R E D I B L E !!!

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2016, 12:36 »
+2
Pond5 has always had long review times (1 month or so). At least as long as I've been submitting there. It was always worth the wait because they were one of the few sites where footage actually sold.

But, it has become ridiculous. Two months plus is bordering on obscene.

They had better get things in order or they are going to lose contributors. Who knows, maybe that is the plan.

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2016, 14:54 »
I've been uploading there the last week after a break of a year.  Half of them are already reviewed and online despite being told that it would take 2 months.  Makes me wonder if they are reviewing them out of order.

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2016, 15:42 »
+3
I have valentine images I put up a month ago, still sitting there.  I sent them an email that I'm holding off until they get things in order.