MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Finally shutterstock accept my port  (Read 13543 times)

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 06:21 »
Hi All,
I am happy announce that now my port is available on shutterstock:
http://www.shutterstock.com/g/deepyellow?rid=1781732

It will be great to hear your reviews about my port & how to specifically improve my work to suit shutterstock needs.

thanks all!

You must be delighted to have those gigantic previews in SS  ;)

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 08:02 »
Thank you for all for valuable feedback, I've now 230 images online on shutterstock. My only concern is that I am getting .25 per sale & I've sold 35 images in two weeks. Is there any limits before I can get better reward on my images?

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 09:22 »
+4
Thank you for all for valuable feedback, I've now 230 images online on shutterstock. My only concern is that I am getting .25 per sale & I've sold 35 images in two weeks. Is there any limits before I can get better reward on my images?

You started submitting before checking what you'd get paid???!
http://submit.shutterstock.com/payouts

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 09:44 »
+1

Thats the norm. Thats microstock. Occassionally you might get an el or a big od and some credit sales but this is what you need to expect in this part of the visual arts business. You generally need lots of images to make any reasonable income.  Most people today cannot make a living at microstock, not that you are expecting this but i say that just to give you some perspective.

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 13:15 »

Thats the norm. Thats microstock. Occassionally you might get an el or a big od and some credit sales but this is what you need to expect in this part of the visual arts business. You generally need lots of images to make any reasonable income.  Most people today cannot make a living at microstock, not that you are expecting this but i say that just to give you some perspective.

Thank you for your words of advice, I am doing freelance designing from last 5 years and making good income but as you freelance industry is also sinking so I need to shift my potential into this. How many images you think one need in order to make about 3-4k a month?

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 13:31 »
+3
One good one or 50000 bad ones.

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 15:53 »
+3

Thank you for your words of advice, I am doing freelance designing from last 5 years and making good income but as you freelance industry is also sinking so I need to shift my potential into this. How many images you think one need in order to make about 3-4k a month?

Your going in the wrong direction. You should get more freelancing to get out of this shrinking pie!

Rinderart

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 15:52 »
+1

+1. get out now, while you have a brain.If this were 2003/2005 I would say different.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 15:55 by Rinderart »

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 16:43 »
+1

+1. get out now, while you have a brain.If this were 2003/2005 I would say different.

+1 SLP
+1 VBI
+1 R
VBinc  says it best. if i had known back then when my freelance market was shrinking and some
kind cursed soul suggested i try stock photography...
that the time and energy spent on creating, processing, submitting , + hours cussing at the fri*gging rejections i got at the beginning even though i got in on the 2nd try... etc in total
the hours i put in for stock photography,
i would be better-off today had i spent those xxxxxxx hours doing cold calls to hustle for business,
instead of getting into stock photography with ss, etc..